Find
Notify
Tools

On the way to New Zealand
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted
Sitting in the lounge at LAX waiting to board NZ5 to Auckland. I arrive Saturday morning and am going to visit 30.06King then on Sunday, Top_Predator and I are going out to see if we can shoot pigs.

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12538 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of muzza
posted Hide Post
bring your raincoat

Old enough to know better

Posts: 4457 | Location: Eltham , New Zealand | Registered: 13 May 2002Reply With Quote
Picture of Bakes
posted Hide Post
Have fun mate tu2

------------------------------
A mate of mine has just told me he's shagging his girlfriend and her twin. I said "How can you tell them apart?" He said "Her brother's got a moustache!"

Posts: 7974 | Location: Bloody Queensland where every thing is 20 years behind the rest of Australia! | Registered: 25 January 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Looking forward to it Frank.
You might do OK on pigs. Seems they are a bit more active now. My son and I got two last weekend.
Have a great flight.

Hunting.... it's not everything, it's the only thing.

Posts: 2016 | Location: New Zealand's North Island | Registered: 13 November 2014Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Have fun!

MARK H. YOUNG
MARK'S EXCLUSIVE ADVENTURES
7094 Oakleigh Dr. Las Vegas, NV 89110
Office 702-848-1693
Cell, Whats App, Signal 307-250-1156 PREFERRED
E-mail markttc@msn.com
Check us out on https://www.facebook.com/pages...ures/627027353990716

Posts: 12865 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Does anyone still live there ? or have they all moved to Australia

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

Population around 4.6 - 4.7 million now.
Includes quite a few Aussie folks who decided to settle here. But, still some flow going the other way as well.

Hunting.... it's not everything, it's the only thing.

Posts: 2016 | Location: New Zealand's North Island | Registered: 13 November 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
30.06king,

those Aussie expats may be those that got sick of being treated like potential criminals because they like to hunt/shoot.

NZ still has a healthy attitude to health outdoor pursuits.

Posts: 348 | Location: queensland, australia | Registered: 07 August 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
Top Predator and I visited an old friend down below Pio Pio where we shot turkeys and magpies while looking for goats. Then we went way out in the bush and met ShanksPony who fed us a wonderful dinner (the apple crumble was way to good) and then took us mountain climbing for pigs. We did see a lot of pigs but almost all were sows with young or half grown pigs. We also saw a half a dozen Fallow deer and a big mob of goats. I didn't shoot anything but I really appreciate the guys taking me out in the field.

Grant, Craig says "Hi" and says that he has to get you out to visit him.

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."

Posts: 12538 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
Great thanks to Shankspony and Top Predator for all their hospitality on my trip.

Our only "big" game. A double on turkeys with one shot using a 7 Mag

Beautiful country on Shankspony's farm. James and Craig tried to kill the old man on this "hill"

Frank

Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Robertcat:

The ones who gave not been convicted - yet - are still there rotflmo

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 66931 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Charlie64
posted Hide Post

Enjoy! Great part of the world !

"Up the ladders and down the snakes!"

Posts: 2261 | Location: South Africa & Europe | Registered: 10 February 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Was a pleasure to meet you Frank.
Ahh the joys of hunting! Took Naki hunter out last week and saw all the pigs on that hill. Take you And TP out and they are all back on the other side. Went out last night and came across 15 right where they should have been. Of course I wasn't hunting. Hope your drive back to auckland went ok.
As for the old man on the hill. You got up there better than many of the 20 year olds that come help me on the farm.

Posts: 4235 | Location: South Island NZ | Registered: 21 July 2008Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
So glad to see you all are having fun.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 66931 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Nakihunter
posted Hide Post
Yes Shanks is a very hospitable man. Beautiful place too.

Sorry I didn't hit that pig better.

"When the wind stops....start rowing. When the wind starts, get the sail up quick."

Posts: 11006 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 02 July 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of packrattusnongratus
posted Hide Post
Naki, which gun were you using? Packy

one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:
So glad to see you all are having fun.

Saeed,

I met Top Predator here on AR and he invited me down to hunt in 2006 or so. Since that time I've met another 6-8 AR members in New Zealand and have gotten to hunt and shoot with quite a few of them.

I've also booked four trips to Africa with AR members so a lot of my overseas hunting is due to your website.

Frank

One of Us
Picture of Nakihunter
posted Hide Post
My kimber 7mm08. The pigs were about 70 meters away and I was not confident using the 470.

quote:
Originally posted by packrattusnongratus:
Naki, which gun were you using? Packy

"When the wind stops....start rowing. When the wind starts, get the sail up quick."

Posts: 11006 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 02 July 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The pictures are almost like a flash-back. Smiler

Posts: 1928 | Location: Saskatchewan, Canada | Registered: 30 November 2006Reply With Quote