Notify
Tools

any of you Aussies hunting buffs?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
It's been a long time since any buff
shooting has been posted.

That's one of my main interests down there.

Thanks,

George

"Gun Control is NOT about Guns'
"It's about Control!!"
Join the NRA today!"

LM: NRA, DAV,

George L. Dwight

Posts: 5935 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: 31 January 2006Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by georgeld:
It's been a long time since any buff
shooting has been posted.

That's one of my main interests down there.

Thanks,

George

Posts: 18 | Location: NT Australia | Registered: 29 January 2018Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Yes Georgeld,

Australian Buffalo Hunters "Graham Williams" is actually hunting this year with Aussie clients of course.Hopefully this is the last year of Covid restrictions and we can all go hunting again. Watch this space as I will be on a couple of Grahams hunts for Buff/Banteng and im sure some great trophies will be taken.

Posts: 18 | Location: NT Australia | Registered: 29 January 2018Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Aussie Guide:
Yes Georgeld,

Australian Buffalo Hunters "Graham Williams" is actually hunting this year with Aussie clients of course.Hopefully this is the last year of Covid restrictions and we can all go hunting again. Watch this space as I will be on a couple of Grahams hunts for Buff/Banteng and im sure some great trophies will be taken.

Chris, Graham has an excellent buffalo concession which produces some exceptional buffalo each year. You will have some awesome hunting with him, best of luck.
I was only speeking with him recently, he's looking forward to getting back to some serious buff hunting.

Posts: 531 | Location: Australia | Registered: 30 June 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the replies.

Back ten years ago I had a rifle built to make
such a cull shoot. Then I got sick trying to die
for a couple years. Not going to make it at all.

Had almost committed to that fellow ? that died
real young that was doing a lot of culling shoots back then.
Can't think of his name now, am sure you will post it.

Still have a lot of interest in seeing and reading about it.
Look forward to your posts.
Used to be a lot of such things on here.
Been a long time since the last was that I saw.

George

"It's about Control!!"
Join the NRA today!"

George L. Dwight

Posts: 5935 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: 31 January 2006Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
George you are talking about a big loss to me personally and to Australian hunting in general, his name was Matt Graham. Still sadly missed. Yes Matt had some great cull hunts as well as his Buffs and a number of other options. Reason being your not seeing much is because theres no overseas hunters last year and for this season about to start in late May and onwards. Im sure there will be some great trophies taken next year when I expect hunting will re-open. Our New Zealand friends are in the same boat.So yeah not to many stories coming out of Aus at the moment.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Knew one of you would help me out on Matt's name.

A few minutes after posting, then shutting down
for bed I recalled Graham, didn't come up with
Matt though.

Thank you. Matt and I passed a bunch of messages
with each other with Jack and I planning, and
getting my rifle built etc. Then I got sick, not long after that Matt died. Way too young too.
Though anyone with underlying heart problems can
sure check out at anytime whether they know about having such problems or not.

I shall be looking for postings about buffs from you guys. Good hunting.

George

"It's about Control!!"
Join the NRA today!"

George L. Dwight

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Following. Would like to go again

White Mountains Arizona

Posts: 2840 | Registered: 31 December 2005Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Gunslinger got just the place for you to go and experience the real Aussie bush and remote hunting. But you would have to wait till next year and beyond dam it.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Where? Been to Arnhemland before. Good stuff but yeah wait I guess

White Mountains Arizona

Posts: 2840 | Registered: 31 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yes Matt has been gone almost 5yrs. Miss the big bugger and his camps. Just picked up his last 2 rifles that his family had, one will be going back to the NT in Aug/Sept.
If you guys are interested, I have a great contact, both Station (ranch) country and Aboriginal lands.

Cheers,
Mark.

Posts: 557 | Location: Victoria, Australia | Registered: 13 February 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hey Mark:

List 'em please.

George

"It's about Control!!"
Join the NRA today!"

George L. Dwight

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Alex @ Big Country Safaris is a great young fella that I hunted with last November and will be taking 2 x crews up with him this September for buff and scrub bulls.

Cheers,
Mark.

Posts: 557 | Location: Victoria, Australia | Registered: 13 February 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Just out of curiosity can locals pick up a Buffalo tag and hunt one like one does an over the counter white tail deer tag in the USA or is there a lottery system in place?

Posts: 521 | Registered: 30 September 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by steel:
Just out of curiosity can locals pick up a Buffalo tag and hunt one like one does an over the counter white tail deer tag in the USA or is there a lottery system in place?

No tags for buffalo in Oz, just permission to be on the land where you are hunting. Access can be difficult.

Picture of Bakes
posted Hide Post
Spoke to a mate who is up at Katherine. Seems a lot of Stations have let the pet meat shooters in and/or are rounding up the buff. They are getting a bit hard to find at the moment on some places.

------------------------------
A mate of mine has just told me he's shagging his girlfriend and her twin. I said "How can you tell them apart?" He said "Her brother's got a moustache!"

Posts: 7964 | Location: Bloody Queensland where every thing is 20 years behind the rest of Australia! | Registered: 25 January 2001Reply With Quote