New
Find
Notify
Tools

Out did myself in the kitchen
 Login/Join

Picture of Bakes
posted
Venison tender loin stuffed with cream cheese, leek, mushrooms and pine nuts, wrapped with bacon. Turned out bloody beautifully Big Grin

Went out to the local dam and caught a couple of Powertails Big Grin The big one went 62cm

------------------------------
A mate of mine has just told me he's shagging his girlfriend and her twin. I said "How can you tell them apart?" He said "Her brother's got a moustache!"

Posts: 7964 | Location: Bloody Queensland where every thing is 20 years behind the rest of Australia! | Registered: 25 January 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of gryphon1
posted Hide Post
You eat those "catties" Bakesy?

Posts: 87 | Location: Victoria Australia | Registered: 07 September 2002

Picture of Bakes
posted Hide Post
Well funny you say that Gryph. Normally FARK NO... Big Grin. BUT I have been watching a lot of Meat Eater and other US stuff on Youtube and yep I'm going to give it ago. I just skinned them and trimmed up the fat and blood line. I'll let you know how it goes. The guy I was fishing with has a mate who caught a big cattie that was 1.2 meters in the same dam Eeker

A mate of mine has just told me he's shagging his girlfriend and her twin. I said "How can you tell them apart?" He said "Her brother's got a moustache!"

Posts: 7964 | Location: Bloody Queensland where every thing is 20 years behind the rest of Australia! | Registered: 25 January 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of gryphon1
posted Hide Post
I got a thumper in Karumba and it went back for the sharks. I will relate a tale about bottom feeding catties one day after you have tried it.

Picture of Bakes
posted Hide Post
Ive eaten eel tailed catfish and it was pretty good. We'll see how this goes.

One of Us
Picture of Big Wonderful Wyoming
posted Hide Post
Catfish and Dogfish, two fish I do not eat.

Fried catfish is a huge thing in Southern USA.

Not my thing, but it is a big deal.

Posts: 7763 | Location: Das heimat! | Registered: 10 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Looks great. We eat catfish all the time.

Posts: 10606 | Location: Somewhere above Tennessee and below Kentucky  | Registered: 31 July 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of gryphon1
posted Hide Post
Ok here we go.
I was in FNQ for 6 months on a job and met a lot of characters and one of the boys related how he was on his Bro`s Pro Barra boat that had a busted toilet so he had to resort to hanging his arse over the stern for a dump.
As he said " I dropped it into the water and turned around to see what I had given birth too and as I did one of the 2-300 catties that followed all the Barra boats for discarded fish frames and guts came up out of the tidal water depths and went gloop and swallowed it in one"

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Mate,

Why yes!

I only eat predatory fish or fish that eat bugs.

Barra, trout, salmon, grayling, and so on.

Posts: 7763 | Location: Das heimat! | Registered: 10 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of gryphon1
posted Hide Post
Another catfish species in the Amazon burrows inside a human and eats them from the inside,several hundred of the fish may enter.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Gryph,

How does it get in? Front bum or back one?

One of Us
Picture of gryphon1
posted Hide Post
They eat their way through the body wall believe it or not. I watched a doco made on it. The morgues have a lot of evidence as testimony.

https://youtu.be/Jy3f5JHc-tE