THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM DOWN UNDER FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Australian and New Zealand Hunting    IN THE COMPANY OF COWARDS - The book by Michael Mori

Moderators: Bakes
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

IN THE COMPANY OF COWARDS - The book by Michael Mori
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
G'Day Fella's,

I thought some of you bloke may be interested in this?
http://shootingaustralia.net/f...book-by-michael-mori

Happy New Year
Homer

Lick the Lolly Pop of Mediocrity Just Once and You Will Suck For Life!

Posts: 459 | Location: Canberra, Australia | Registered: 21 July 2009Reply With Quote
Picture of Bakes
posted Hide Post
Can't access the page. What's it about?

------------------------------
A mate of mine has just told me he's shagging his girlfriend and her twin. I said "How can you tell them apart?" He said "Her brother's got a moustache!"

Posts: 7975 | Location: Bloody Queensland where every thing is 20 years behind the rest of Australia! | Registered: 25 January 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
G'Day Fella's

Yes Bakes, it was removed from that forum and I was Banned by them for posting it! Can you believe it!!!
FYI, it is a book written by the US Army Lawyer that defended David Hicks! Hicks was the Australian bloke, that was captured in the Middle East training with the Baddies over there (in Iraq I think)! Anyway, Michael Mori has written a book about this titled "IN THE COMPANY OF COWARDS", which at $30.00, I intend to purchase ASAP!
This book was cleared by the US Military but the STOOGES at Shooting Australia, thought my advertising of this books existence, unacceptable! As they say "Go Figure"!!!

Doh!
Homer

Posts: 459 | Location: Canberra, Australia | Registered: 21 July 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of sambarman338
posted Hide Post
Interestingly, the US appears now to have pardoned Hicks. Without going right into it, I think it may be something to do with his working for the Taliban at the time when they were actually the established government; hence he did not qualify as a terrorist in the normal sense.

Posts: 4956 | Location: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: 31 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
G'Day Fella's,

Sambar Man, yes I heard a similar report on Hick's! In my and no shortage of others (edited by Homer=) opinion, it is just another negative blow to that Political Animal, John Winston Howard!!!
The truth, eventually comes out!

Doh!
Homer

One of Us
Picture of sambarman338
posted Hide Post
Yes, Homer,
the whole business looks like BS when you look back at it, though we had more justification in Afghanistan than Iraq. The trouble with taking real zealots as PoWs in a war like that is that its a bit like taking a tiger by the tail. Unless you have a situation like Germany after the war, where most people are well over it, some may never be safe to let go.

Posts: 4956 | Location: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: 31 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
G'Day Fella's,

Yes Sambarman, I totally agree!
Further to this, I heard some bloke being interviewed on ABC radio this morning, that was basically saying the same thing!
He was inferring that, if these Fruit Cakes are locked up in prison and are busily converting other inmates to extremist Fruit Cake views and ideals, well they shouldn't be released at the end of their sentence. They should be locked up for good, as they are just a potential menace, to OUR Civilized Society! Makes sense to me and this was refreshing to hear as people like this bloke, usually get called a Racist etc, so there may be hope for us yet!

Regards
Homer

One of Us
posted Hide Post
from the US Dept. of Defence website:

[quote]
An Australian citizen, Hicks allegedly trained in Kosovo and then traveled to Afghanistan to fight for the Taliban government.
He was captured on the battlefield in Afghanistan and has been held at Guantanamo Bay since early 2002.

His was one of four war-crimes cases to begin the military commission process in August 2004. Proceedings in the four cases were halted in December,
after a November ruling in the U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia. On July 15, a federal appeals court overturned that ruling, clearing
the way for commissions to resume.
John D. Altenburg Jr., appointing authority for military commissions, issued an order Sept. 20 for Hicks' trial to resume.
The order didn't include a specific date, but said the presiding officer, Army Col. Peter E. Brownback III, should begin hearing preliminary motions within 30 days.
Defense officials said the hearings would begin between Oct. 3 and 20.
"Although no specific date has been set to resume this commission, the appointing authority's office is working with the prosecution and defense to ensure that both
are ready to argue the case," Air Force Maj. Michael Shavers, a Defense Department spokesman, said today.
Recent changes to the commissions order have made the role of presiding officer in the military commissions much like that of a judge in civilian courts. Brownback will
rule on questions of law and what can be admitted as evidence. A panel drawn from a pool of eight military officers will hear evidence and rule on guilt or innocence
and decide sentencing, if necessary.
"We are confident that yesterday's announcement, combined with the recent changes in the military commission order, will afford Mr. Hicks a full and fair trial," Shavers said.
Hicks is charged with conspiracy to commit the offenses of attacking civilians and civilian objects, murder, destruction of property and terrorism.
He faces the additional charges of attempted murder by an "unprivileged belligerent" and aiding the enemy.

Hicks has pleaded not guilty to all charges against him.
[endquote]

- IF an Australian wants to go and fight with a sovereign force be it Israels military, or even with sovereign mil.forces of Syria leader Assad,
it is legal to do so.
- IF an Australian wants to go fight with the Kurds against ISIL , then they are breaking Australian law by doing so.

BY the time Hicks was fighting with the Taliban, US foreign policy had already conveniently switched/flip-flopped and had now made the Taliban a enemy
when once it was a US proxy war ally against the Russians.
Even after the Russians left, the Taliban were welcomed/appreciated by the west, for neutralizing and disbanding many of the violent, mercenary militias
that had formed throughout Afghanistan.

When Civil war erupted in 1996,(because Iran & its rival Saudi Arabia were both stiring the pot in Afghanistan),
Al-Qaeda supported the Taliban, by supplying fighters sourced from surrounding countries with Pakistan giving mil. support and Saudi Arabia the funding.

The group that actually captured Hicks, was the Northern Alliance, which was opposed to and fighting the Taliban which had captured Kabul in 1996.

The NA (with is recognised & acknowledged by the UN.. Cool) , is in part comprised of:

Islamic State (Jamiat-e Islami);
National Islamic Movement (Junbish-e Milli);
Islamic Unity Party (Hezb-e Wahdat);
Islamic Movement (Harakat-e Islami);
Islamic Party (Hezb-e Islami); and
Council of the East (Shura-e Mashriqi).

IF this didn't help give rise to ISIL, then ill be damned.

Posts: 9434 | Location: Here & There- | Registered: 14 May 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
G'Day Fella's,

Thank You Trax for the historical update and reminder on Hicks past! He was no Angel!!!

By the way Trax, I love your Dog analogy!!!

Regards
Homer

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hicks capture was blown all out of proportion by the media to Howards benefit,
who as PM capitalised on it as propaganda for his support for the Bush-Doctrine /'war on terror'

Certain sobering facts and details about Hicks were highly inconvenient(and blatantly ignored) by a US & Oz gov. who had an agenda,
and by a media industry interested only in how far it can boost its sales based on selective reporting and sensationalising hype.

The Bush admin. accused Hicks of fighting for the KLA, which was a paramilitary group in favor of an independent KOSOVO.
using it to help make Hicks look bad,... yet in 2007, G.Bush himself insists that Kosovo should have its independence.

Posts: 9434 | Location: Here & There- | Registered: 14 May 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
G'Day Fella's,

I see David Hicks conviction was totally quashed by the US military, earlier today!
This is yet another one of John Winston Howard's "Chickens" (AKA; The TRUTH), coming home to roost!!!

Doh & FJWH!
Homer

One of Us
Picture of kiwiwildcat
posted Hide Post
In the company of cowards - isn't that also the motto of the Greens?

She was only the Fish Mongers daughter. But she lay on the slab and said 'fillet'

Posts: 511 | Location: Auckland, New Zealand. | Registered: 22 February 2006Reply With Quote