Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of gryphon1
posted
https://www.9news.com.au/natio...05-b7e9-b5ae72395b1a

Posts: 87 | Location: Victoria Australia | Registered: 07 September 2002

Picture of Bakes
posted Hide Post
Nope, never been into cars. Good find but!

------------------------------
A mate of mine has just told me he's shagging his girlfriend and her twin. I said "How can you tell them apart?" He said "Her brother's got a moustache!"

Posts: 7972 | Location: Bloody Queensland where every thing is 20 years behind the rest of Australia! | Registered: 25 January 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Foxhunter223
posted Hide Post
Back in 1976 a friend offered me his GT as he knew I was looking for a bigger car for the family. Told him that I didn't want a petrol guzzling thing like that. Not to mention the Mrs has a bit of a lead foot. If only we knew the future.

Pete

Posts: 232 | Location: Northern NSW Australia | Registered: 08 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of gryphon1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Foxhunter223:
Back in 1976 a friend offered me his GT as he knew I was looking for a bigger car for the family. Told him that I didn't want a petrol guzzling thing like that. Not to mention the Mrs has a bit of a lead foot. If only we knew the future.

Pete

It will still guzzle today,but in style!

one of us
Picture of buckeyeshooter
posted Hide Post
Never seen a GT in the USA, however, my uncle had a 68 Torino fastback with a 428 cobra jet and a 4 speed that was pretty fast. I loved riding in it, I was about 10 to 12 at the time.

Posts: 5698 | Location: Ohio | Registered: 02 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of gryphon1
posted Hide Post
Ha ha I bet anything with a 428 in it would be quick.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Standard XY GT with that mileage and in that condition won’t make $200K IMO. It isn’t a GTHO. Mate of mine has a much nicer one than that.

The hunting imperative was part of every man's soul; some denied or suppressed it, others diverted it into less blatantly violent avenues of expression, wielding clubs on the golf course or racquets on the court, substituting a little white ball for the prey of flesh and blood.
Wilbur Smith

Posts: 916 | Location: L.H. side of downunder | Registered: 07 November 2004Reply With Quote