Notify
Tools

A couple of photo's
 Login/Join

Picture of Bakes
posted
Taken on a walk near base.

------------------------------
A mate of mine has just told me he's shagging his girlfriend and her twin. I said "How can you tell them apart?" He said "Her brother's got a moustache!"

Posts: 7973 | Location: Bloody Queensland where every thing is 20 years behind the rest of Australia! | Registered: 25 January 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of sambarman338
posted Hide Post
Good pics, Bakes!

I was driving in urban Bundoora on Thursday when a 'roo jumped on to the road in front. Unfortunately my three-year-old grandson was asleep in the back and missed the show.

Posts: 4955 | Location: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: 31 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I've always wondered, are kangaroos good to eat? Is there a season for them?

Posts: 2173 | Location: NORTHWEST NEW MEXICO, USA | Registered: 05 March 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Nakihunter
posted Hide Post
Good fun shooting the wallabies in the south Island of NZ. Got one on full gallop a few years ago with my 7mm08 at about 60 meters.

"When the wind stops....start rowing. When the wind starts, get the sail up quick."

Posts: 11006 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 02 July 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Momma and her whelp? OR twins?
Thanks Tony, don't get to see many of these over here.
George

"Gun Control is NOT about Guns'
"It's about Control!!"
Join the NRA today!"

LM: NRA, DAV,

George L. Dwight

Posts: 5943 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: 31 January 2006Reply With Quote
Picture of Bakes
posted Hide Post
We get quite a few of these grey's near base George. Some VERY big impressive males as well.

A mate of mine has just told me he's shagging his girlfriend and her twin. I said "How can you tell them apart?" He said "Her brother's got a moustache!"

Posts: 7973 | Location: Bloody Queensland where every thing is 20 years behind the rest of Australia! | Registered: 25 January 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by impala#03:
I've always wondered, are kangaroos good to eat? Is there a season for them?

No season as such for recreational hunters but can be shot under pest destruction permit to farmers with a permit system in place in most states.

There is a commercial roo system in place also for the commercial market for skins and human consumption.

Very lean and healthy meat, pretty dark but choice cuts can be great eating.

Cheers,
Mark.

Posts: 557 | Location: Victoria, Australia | Registered: 13 February 2007Reply With Quote
Picture of Bakes
posted Hide Post
Never really liked roo. Unless its minced and mixed with spices and such. Don't like roasts etc.