THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM DOWN UNDER FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Australian and New Zealand Hunting    Gel Blasters (water guns) illegal in South Aus.

Moderators: Bakes
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Gel Blasters (water guns) illegal in South Aus.
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted
I know that a lot of my Kiwi friends have moved or are looking to move to Aus but when water guns are too scary (South Australia) you have to think twice about it.

South Australia is cracking down on imitation guns known as "gel blasters", declaring the toys to be defined as firearms from tomorrow.
Gel blasters are hyper-realistic toys that use a battery or a spring to fire a gel ball made up primarily of water.
From tomorrow, people who own a gel blaster in the state of South Australia will have two options: register the blaster and obtain a firearms licence within six months or surrender the blaster as part of a firearms amnesty.

https://www.9news.com.au/natio...9e-a9e1-84643057b45d

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12538 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
Total insanity!

One of Us
Picture of MeMe
posted Hide Post
I was going to say something, but...

Posts: 360 | Location: California | Registered: 14 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
rotflmo You don't have to. Your location says it for you. rotflmo

Picture of Bakes
posted Hide Post
Just found out today that Queensland will follow suit

------------------------------
A mate of mine has just told me he's shagging his girlfriend and her twin. I said "How can you tell them apart?" He said "Her brother's got a moustache!"

Posts: 7975 | Location: Bloody Queensland where every thing is 20 years behind the rest of Australia! | Registered: 25 January 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Cap guns are in the future.

Dave

Posts: 2086 | Location: Seattle Washington, USA | Registered: 19 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fjold:
I know that a lot of my Kiwi friends have moved or are looking to move to Aus but when water guns are too scary (South Australia) you have to think twice about it.

Terrible law but I dont think Kiwis moving here would be put off much by it, they are moving for the stronger dollar and employment. To be honest the country they would think twice about moving to and most of the 1st world feels the same way, is the US. You guys now have 5 x the homicide rate and 5x the incarceration rate of the rest of the 1st world. Better gun laws dont seem to have prevented the 'Land of the Free' from incarcerating more of its people than a soviet republic. 20% of the worlds prison population are US citizens.

Posts: 3530 | Location: various | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
To be honest the country they would think twice about moving to and most of the 1st world feels the same way, is the US.

I'm a Kiwi. I have no yearning to relocate from NZ but if forced to and allowed to choose my destination I could live in the USA, and my choice would be either Idaho or Texas. I could settle quite happily in either.

Hunting.... it's not everything, it's the only thing.

Posts: 2016 | Location: New Zealand's North Island | Registered: 13 November 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
I'm a Kiwi. I have no yearning to relocate from NZ but if forced to and allowed to choose my destination I could live in the USA, and my choice would be either Idaho or Texas. I could settle quite happily in either.

Not Montana!? Big Grin

One of Us
Picture of sambarman338
posted Hide Post
I think it is a seductive error for the SA Government to simply classify these things as firearms.

A certain percentage of the turkeys who misuse them will get the gun licences and then go on to get more-dangerous firearms - because they can. That seems a doubtful development to me.

Posts: 4956 | Location: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: 31 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
To be honest the country they would think twice about moving to and most of the 1st world feels the same way, is the US. You guys now have 5 x the homicide rate and 5x the incarceration rate of the rest of the 1st world. Better gun laws dont seem to have prevented the 'Land of the Free' from incarcerating more of its people than a soviet republic. 20% of the worlds prison population are US citizens.

You break the law you go to prison. Fair enough? My sage advice: Stay put. As for me, I'll take the Second Amendment and the United States of America every time.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hey, don't be surprised at what they'll
outlaw.

Over here there's been many little kids
charged for pointing a finger at others
They don't ever have to say Bang either.

Damned stupid!
George

"Gun Control is NOT about Guns'
"It's about Control!!"
Join the NRA today!"

LM: NRA, DAV,

George L. Dwight

Posts: 5943 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: 31 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:

You break the law you go to prison. Fair enough?

Id say it was fair enough when the US had the same crime and incarceration rate as the rest of us, aka the 1960's.

Things spiralling 400% downhill means is a pretty severe societal fuckup. Freedom from crime and imprisonment are two major types of freedom in countries. You dont just get to ignore that 'because the 2a lets you own a gun". Somewhere along the line you or your govermnent failed in these areas.
quote:
My sage advice: Stay put.

No one pays me if I stay put. I lived in the US, supported DOD contractors and US military in the Middle East and worked in another 6-7 countries besides. And I'm on my own countries "hunting forum" to boot. But thanks for the 'sage advice'
quote:
As for me, I'll take the Second Amendment and the United States of America every time.

Good for you son. As long as you are fighting to apply it, not just resting on it and hoping its written word will magically do all the work for you.

Posts: 3530 | Location: various | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Good for you son. As long as you are fighting to apply it, not just resting on it and hoping its written word will magically do all the work for you.

And that my friend is why I'm an NRA Benefactor Member. tu2

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 30.06king:
quote:
To be honest the country they would think twice about moving to and most of the 1st world feels the same way, is the US.

Grant:

My wife is from Idaho and if we ever locate to another state, Idaho would be the choice. We would gladly welcome you here!

There is very little crime or violence here. It’s the media who lumps us in with the other states who have the issues (usually blue states)

However, we do have some challenges ahead, given the current political climate.

Posts: 2640 | Location: Utah | Registered: 23 February 2011Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Use Enough Gun:
Total insanity!

This is what happens when you give power to descendants of people hand picked by Her Majesty's judges! rotflmo

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 66936 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
This is what happens when you give power to descendants of people hand picked by Her Majesty's judges!

tu2 clap