Notify
Tools

Qantas and your trophies.
 Login/Join

Picture of Bakes
posted
http://www.sportingshootermag....ter-friendly-airline

------------------------------
A mate of mine has just told me he's shagging his girlfriend and her twin. I said "How can you tell them apart?" He said "Her brother's got a moustache!"

Posts: 7969 | Location: Bloody Queensland where every thing is 20 years behind the rest of Australia! | Registered: 25 January 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Reckon they have all the business they can handle without hunters?

No wonder they don't want it on the web to be passed around the world like it needs to be.

Thanks for sharing with us, please send it to me by e'mail so I can do my part of spreading the message.

George

"Gun Control is NOT about Guns'
"It's about Control!!"
Join the NRA today!"

LM: NRA, DAV,

George L. Dwight

Posts: 5943 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: 31 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for sharing, My wife's relos are here from France and they want to take back a fallow antler each.
Cheers Malcolm

Posts: 110 | Location: Australia | Registered: 22 September 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of gryphon1
posted Hide Post
That`s well worth spreading around the world. I fly Emirates and will continue to do so especially in light of this threads news.

Posts: 87 | Location: Victoria Australia | Registered: 07 September 2002

One of Us
posted Hide Post
G'Day Fella's,

Bakes, I read this elsewhere, but Thank You for Sharing!
Looks like Qantas is OFF my Airline list!!!

Doh!
Homer

Lick the Lolly Pop of Mediocrity Just Once and You Will Suck For Life!

Posts: 459 | Location: Canberra, Australia | Registered: 21 July 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
When they are unwilling to post a fact sheet on this I'd like hear a bit more info on just what the author was attempting to transport that prompted the article. Unless you've done a thorough wrapping job a 35 inch rusa rack attached to a freshly boiled and still wet skull cap isn't something baggage handlers want to touch, whilst a styrofoam box of goose breast from Flinder Island has been a annually shipped item for a number of hunters I know

Formerly Gun Barrel Ecologist

Posts: 324 | Location: Australia  | Registered: 04 May 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NitroX
posted Hide Post
Animal rights extremists inflitrate all sorts of organisations and try to impose their views on others. The fact QANTAS had no written policy or was willing to elaborate clearly their policy shows QANTAS is clearly at fault.

From the sounds of it, they are still hedging their bets and not supplying a clear policy "they have said now they will not carry CITES listed animals."

What does this mean?

A lot of animals are listed on CITES that may be taken. Some with a CITES permit and documentation.

Will some QANTAS berk interpret this as the animal or trophy not being able to be carried? Even if legally importable into Australia????

I'll look carefully at alternative airlines to QANTAS in the future if this PC airlne acts like it does.

John H.

NitroExpress.com - the net's double rifle forum

Posts: 10138 | Location: Wine Country, Barossa Valley, Australia | Registered: 06 March 2002Reply With Quote