New
Find
Notify
Tools

Travel in Oz
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Ms AZW got a text from a friend that was here in Feb; she was on her way from Perth to Brazil and had her flight cancelled; I think she is in NSW right now, but she said OZ was getting ready to close state borders.

Don't Ever Book a Hunt with Jeff Blair
http://forums.accuratereloadin...821061151#2821061151

Posts: 7570 | Location: Arizona and off grid in CO | Registered: 28 July 2004Reply With Quote
Picture of Bakes
posted Hide Post
Thats what I've been seeing on my news feed as well mate. Can't confirm however. I don't see how they can. There are so many small roads going across the state borders.

------------------------------
A mate of mine has just told me he's shagging his girlfriend and her twin. I said "How can you tell them apart?" He said "Her brother's got a moustache!"

Posts: 7964 | Location: Bloody Queensland where every thing is 20 years behind the rest of Australia! | Registered: 25 January 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of sambarman338
posted Hide Post
I guess beyond the roadblocks there'll be the threat of legal restrictions; and if you get caught, you might find yourself in enforced isolation - or worse, banged up with a bunch of other bad dudes, which might constitute an even greater threat to your health.

Posts: 4925 | Location: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: 31 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of eagle27
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sambarman338:
I guess beyond the roadblocks there'll be the threat of legal restrictions; and if you get caught, you might find yourself in enforced isolation - or worse, banged up with a bunch of other bad dudes, which might constitute an even greater threat to your health.

You still got Mad Max and the feral kid wandering your hinterland somewhere. Time to cut your double 12g barrels and shorten the stock to a pistol grip Big Grin

Posts: 3836 | Location: Nelson, New Zealand | Registered: 03 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of gryphon1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sambarman338:
or worse, banged up with a bunch of other bad dudes, which might constitute an even greater threat to your health.

Or your arse!

Posts: 87 | Location: Victoria Australia | Registered: 07 September 2002

One of Us
Picture of Big Wonderful Wyoming
posted Hide Post
My friends in Australia from our Canberra days 2010-2013, are telling us that that there is a proverbial lock down anyway.

If they catch you going someplace and don't like your answer it is a $1700 AUS fine for the privlidge.

We should have done more of that here in the USA, but we have 332,000,000 people not 25,000,000 harder thing to do.

Posts: 7764 | Location: Das heimat! | Registered: 10 October 2012Reply With Quote