New
Find
Notify
Tools

Bowhunting Banteng. Good Video.
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Bowhunting isn't my thing but this is a good video.
Banteng are on my "one day" wish list for a hunt with my .375 H&H

https://www.youtube.com/watch?...FDE&list=WL&index=20

Hunting.... it's not everything, it's the only thing.

Posts: 2011 | Location: New Zealand's North Island | Registered: 13 November 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
way too much UP CLOSE/, too close to see anything.

Lots of animals though.

I agree, that would be great with a big rifle.

Interesting walk thru the woods.

Thanks for posting this.

George

"Gun Control is NOT about Guns'
"It's about Control!!"
Join the NRA today!"

LM: NRA, DAV,

George L. Dwight

Posts: 5943 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: 31 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Very good video which brings back a lot of memories. I took an old bull in 2019. He came trotting towards me at about 50m so I whacked him with the .375 in the centre of the chest. He reared up like a fighting stallion and when he touched down I gave him another in the same place and he decided to go and have a little lie down.
There are an awful lot of them on Cobourg and you can be a bit choosy on age. The swirling winds and the brumbies make it a challenging hunt though. The feral Timor ponies up there keep running around you in circles as soon as they detect you scaring everything in the area.
While I admire the stalking skills needed for bow hunting I have severe doubts about the ethics of bow hunting on dangerous game. Too much risk of wounding and leaving a seriously pissed-off beast for some unarmed citizen to walk into. Last month my son-in-law wounded and lost a bear in Colorado with a bow. I have heard much worse stories about heroes wounding elephants with arrows in Africa which (fortunately) don't get publicised much.

Posts: 293 | Location: New Zealand  | Registered: 24 March 2018Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of bwanamrm
posted Hide Post
I enjoyed both videos Coburg 1 and 2. A great walk down memory lane of my banteng hunt in 2018 on the Coburg. We hunted with double rifles so had to get fairly close as well. My hunting buddy and I both took good bulls but we didn't see as many bulls as these guys...

On the plains of hesitation lie the bleached bones of ten thousand, who on the dawn of victory lay down their weary heads resting, and there resting, died.

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,
Or walk with Kings - nor lose the common touch...
Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!
- Rudyard Kipling

Life grows grim without senseless indulgence.

Posts: 7522 | Location: Victoria, Texas | Registered: 30 March 2003Reply With Quote