New
Find
Notify
Tools

How is everyone' isolation going?
 Login/Join

Picture of Bakes
posted
Nothing much has changed here. My deployment return has been pushed back again. Is everyone going OK?

------------------------------
A mate of mine has just told me he's shagging his girlfriend and her twin. I said "How can you tell them apart?" He said "Her brother's got a moustache!"

Posts: 7964 | Location: Bloody Queensland where every thing is 20 years behind the rest of Australia! | Registered: 25 January 2001Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
What do you do on isolation on your deployment??

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 66765 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
Picture of Bakes
posted Hide Post
I go to work. Go back to camp then do it all over again. No cases on camp so that one good thing. Still can't leave base at the moment.

A mate of mine has just told me he's shagging his girlfriend and her twin. I said "How can you tell them apart?" He said "Her brother's got a moustache!"

Posts: 7964 | Location: Bloody Queensland where every thing is 20 years behind the rest of Australia! | Registered: 25 January 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
How is everyone' isolation going?

For me, it sucks.
Basically stuck at home. Can't get to the range ( farmer has temporarily closed access ), can't travel to hunt, can't visit my grandson. My wife and one son still go out to work daily ( essential industry ) posing some risk of bringing the virus home, but so far all good.
I'm retired, and basically bored. Small jobs for the wife, doing the household shopping, reading, internet stuff all stop me going nuts and give a little boredom relief. I think I am adjusting but it's a slow process.
Thank goodness for AR ! Daily visits are now compulsory.

Hoping all AR members come through this OK.

Hunting.... it's not everything, it's the only thing.

Posts: 1994 | Location: New Zealand's North Island | Registered: 13 November 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of muzza
posted Hide Post
I am still going to work, so not really in isolation at all. Her-indoors is working from home too.

I have built a small room (2.00 x 2.4 ) in the corner of my workshop so I can set up a dedicated reloading room, instead of the shambolic affair I currently have . Will also have storage for power tools under the bench, and shelf space for lots of stuff that needs shelf storage .So far its cost me $34 for timber to build a door frame - the lockable , solid-core door came from a work demo project , as did all the framing timber , the wall cladding timber and even the nails - which I have straightened and reused. Built it over the top of the existing timber bench so its pretty much ready to use - apart from a couple of sheets of plywood to line the inside walls and let me attach more shelves.

Old enough to know better

Posts: 4454 | Location: Eltham , New Zealand | Registered: 13 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I’m off for ten days over Easter so building my garage (gunroom).

I work away during the week about three and half hours away a lot of time in the bush preparing drill sites and drilling. So not really cooped up except when home.

DRSS

Posts: 1894 | Location: Australia | Registered: 25 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of eagle27
posted Hide Post
I'm an essential service manager so still in at work daily, but being a fairly sociable type it is pretty quiet and lonely in the office as almost all others are working from home or stood-down. My field staff and I keep our distances, happier at work than working from home. At home now of course for our four day Easter and geez it's bloody hard, done a bit of a clean up on my reloading stuff, read all of Jim Corbett's books again also the fairly big book of Selous' adventures in old Africa.
Don't know how people that are stood-down from their work for at least 4 weeks here in NZ can stay home in isolation and remain sane.

Posts: 3827 | Location: Nelson, New Zealand | Registered: 03 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Try it for 8 years as I have so far!

Am mighty pleased Tysue brought two
huge tote's full of good books, mostly
hunting, snipers and history all of
which I enjoy reading. Who ever thought
a person could read 2-300 books a year
for 8 years in a row and still enjoy it?

Am starting to get over things and do a
few easy projects. Sure do wish I could
work in my shop again. Whole lotta things
I want to do, and three big one's started.

Take it easy folks, we ain't a gonna
get outta this deal alive anyway, why
get frustrated?

George

"Gun Control is NOT about Guns'
"It's about Control!!"
Join the NRA today!"

LM: NRA, DAV,

George L. Dwight

Posts: 5935 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: 31 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of sambarman338
posted Hide Post
Having become a gentleman (i.e. a man of no occupation), my life has not changed much. I still go on long walks most mornings, taking in the supermarket or 'off-licence' when needed. The streets are easy to negotiate but the supermarkets are a bit of a worry.

I'd love to go hunting, a solitary occupation if you go one per car. However, the government has decided not to pick and choose as to who can move around the state for recreation, so we've all been told to stay home and can be fined if abroad for the wrong reasons.

This may seem unfair but that only 67 people have died from Covid19, in a population of 25 million, suggests these policies may be working.

Posts: 4916 | Location: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: 31 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Three of us in isolation here, me, the dog and this lady. wonder if she speaks English. Smiler

Grizz

When the horse has been eliminated, human life may be extended an average of five or more years.
James R. Doolitle

I think they've been misunderstood. Timothy Tredwell

Posts: 1577 | Location: Central Alberta, Canada | Registered: 20 July 2019Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of eagle27
posted Hide Post
Lucky you, she looks to be a good sized animal and in top condition with a nice winter coat.

Posts: 3827 | Location: Nelson, New Zealand | Registered: 03 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Nakihunter
posted Hide Post
Working from home - placing orders, checking inventory, ensuring H&S material is in factory. Living on one acre property surrounded by larger ones. Wife and 3 kids ranging 24,21 & 17.

Plenty of chores getting done. Painted 6 doors to complete a project after 2 years.

Dug out the last of the stumps on the fence line and planting a new hedge with Grisilinia - about 4 meters to be planted.

Playing cards and other games with family.

Cooked a nice pork curry for Easter and the wife made great coconut cream rice. Great combination.

I need to tidy up my man cave / gun & reloading room.

Need to repair pantry door

Oh ... and some simple family prayers with no big drama.

"When the wind stops....start rowing. When the wind starts, get the sail up quick."

Posts: 11006 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 02 July 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of gryphon1
posted Hide Post
I live reasonably isolated with no near neighbors,3 miles to some part timers.
I still get out and about the bush at home here and generally my cameras come with me.

Posts: 87 | Location: Victoria Australia | Registered: 07 September 2002

One of Us
Picture of gryphon1
posted Hide Post
One doing a bit of growing,I found him in his bed and sat watching for a while.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Your Sambar are very photogenic Gryph.
Do you train them to pose so prettily ? They don't appear alarmed at all. Are these the camp animals you don't shoot ?

Posts: 1994 | Location: New Zealand's North Island | Registered: 13 November 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of gryphon1
posted Hide Post
You will have to do better than that if you want a proper answer,ask Shanks how tame they are.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Just pulling your leg mate, but it was actually a compliment. I don't think I could sneak so close to Sambar to take pics. I really do like your photos. Very nice indeed.

One of Us
Picture of gryphon1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 30.06king:
Just pulling your leg mate, .

I knew that lol.

one of us
Picture of Bad Ass Wallace
posted Hide Post
Been casting bullets every other day. Thousands, probably 5 years worth, everything from 6mm to 0.585"

Hold still varmint; while I plugs yer!
If'n I miss, our band of 45/70 brothers, will fill yer full of lead!

Posts: 1785 | Location: Kingaroy, Australia | Registered: 29 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of gryphon1
posted Hide Post
For you 30.06king this one from this morning in the rain. A totally different place to where the tame ones are.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Beautiful study. Best one yet Gryph.
Makes my day, thanks.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gryphon1:
You will have to do better than that if you want a proper answer,ask Shanks how tame they are.

So tame I managed to shoot 3 of the buggers! Big Grin

All jokes aside, its impressive how many great photos you manage to get- You really should publish a photo essay book on Sambar, and probably a few of your other interesting photos as well.

Posts: 4212 | Location: South Island NZ | Registered: 21 July 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of gryphon1
posted Hide Post
We wont mention the trials and tribulations with first one though will we Craig.......ha ha ha.

There is another side to the life of a deer too and that`s death!
Cooler nights now will allow me to hang her for three nights and no she is not one of the tame ones in the above photo`s.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Dont see why not. Ive mentioned them before...
http://forums.accuratereloadin...5621043/m/8521034241

Have to get back over when all this is done with.
Which rifle was that Gryph.

Posts: 4212 | Location: South Island NZ | Registered: 21 July 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of gryphon1
posted Hide Post
Dont see why not. Ive mentioned them before...

It was me referencing the stuff up re the shot location etc etc that had us looking in the wrong spot for quite some time. It all ended well though.

I used a 30-06 mate.

One of Us
Picture of HendrikNZ
posted Hide Post
Awesome photos
Cheers
H

Posts: 354 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 11 April 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of eagle27
posted Hide Post
Sized and lubed a few 404 cast bullets, trying some SPG lube that's new to me, ready to shoot once we can get out of lock-down and the range reopens.

Photos of the just loaded cast rounds, in with my stock of factory ammo for the 404. Kynoch 400gr soft nose circa the 60's at the back, a row of Parker Hale cartridges loaded by Norma with 400gr solids in the middle, these too circa 60's or 70's in the middle, then my 400gr cast reloads using many times fired RWS cases. Empty cases are Kynoch Berdan primed and like the RWS cases these have also used countless times for shooting cast loads. I regularly anneal the cases.

One full house reload on the left middle with a RWS 401gr solid bullet, the case was once fired from the last PH factory round my son fired to try out his inheritance. He had never fired the 404 before, it clamped his teeth shut and not so sure he sees the need to own a 404 now Big Grin

One of Us
Picture of gryphon1
posted Hide Post
This girl was in isolation this morning.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
As always, lovely pics Gryph.... but all girls, or mostly.
Do you have a policy of no big boy pics ? ( yes, I saw the velvet stag a few pics back ).
Are most stags still in velvet currently ?

One of Us
Picture of gryphon1
posted Hide Post
I keep a lot of pics to myself `06 why should the lurkers that say nothing get a look in.

I have seen one hard bloke so far this year.

one of us
Picture of Bad Ass Wallace
posted Hide Post
Filling in time making jewej boxes for gifts.

Hold still varmint; while I plugs yer!
If'n I miss, our band of 45/70 brothers, will fill yer full of lead!

Posts: 1785 | Location: Kingaroy, Australia | Registered: 29 April 2002Reply With Quote
Picture of Bakes
posted Hide Post
Very Nice BAW. I just got a message from the lady that owns the property near you that I hunt on. Seems the pigs are about. Hope all these restrictions lift by the time I get home.

One of Us
Picture of gryphon1
posted Hide Post
Hard to get out as we have had 30 hours of rain here but I got a 1/2 hour window and whipped out into the bush and found a wet one.

One of Us
Picture of gryphon1
posted Hide Post
And another wet one today,it has rained for two days now.