THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM DOWN UNDER FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Australian and New Zealand Hunting    Good buff from my old mate Gary Hall up in the NT

Moderators: Bakes
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Good buff from my old mate Gary Hall up in the NT
 Login/Join

Picture of Bakes
posted

And a bit of a write up-

I jumped into a steep sided, semi dry creek line as the four bailing dogs were giving a hog a deafening tu2 I didn't even see the buff with all the commotion. Then a bit of movement to my left caught my attention. It was looking straight at me, luckily, the ear-bashing the dogs were giving the hog made it turn & run. As it turned I whacked it twice in the neck, it staggered, just made it up the bank. Got wobbly legs, fell over, got to its feet and a quick follow up shot had it back on the floor. Quickly running over I put the barrel in its ear & it was all over.

I see heaps of buffalo when chasing pigs, but don't usually shoot, however, it was that close it was an instinctive reaction. Plus I was hunting by myself & none of the dog's can drive the quad back, it things turned nasty. tu2 Although, Rocky, the Jack Russell would give the quad ago. 2020

The ammo was the cheapest factory loads (MAGTECH) you can get, as I'm a cheap bastard.

Gary.

Rocky, the Jack Russell, is ‘The Real Deal’ (Jack Russell/Grizzly bear) who’s small in stature, in your face, adrenalin junky; and if human would be into fast cars, motor bikes, bungy jumping and sky diving. No matter how big, aggressive or threatening a boar is, he wants to be in the front ranks taking the heat.

Gary.

------------------------------
A mate of mine has just told me he's shagging his girlfriend and her twin. I said "How can you tell them apart?" He said "Her brother's got a moustache!"

Posts: 7969 | Location: Bloody Queensland where every thing is 20 years behind the rest of Australia! | Registered: 25 January 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of wazza56
posted Hide Post
nice buff that from Mr Hall

keep your barrell clean and your powder dry

Posts: 383 | Location: NW West Australia / Onepoto NZ | Registered: 09 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
That's a dandy, great write up too.
Funny how dogs think they're so tuff ain't it?

Thanks Tony, send 'em on to the guy.
George

"Gun Control is NOT about Guns'
"It's about Control!!"
Join the NRA today!"

LM: NRA, DAV,

George L. Dwight

Posts: 5942 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: 31 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Very nice.

Posts: 744 | Location: Australia  | Registered: 31 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I need one of those Bulls on the wall :-)

Posts: 20082 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of sambarman338
posted Hide Post
Good stuff. So what calibre/weight is that cheap ammo?

Posts: 4937 | Location: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: 31 March 2009Reply With Quote
Picture of Bakes
posted Hide Post
I'd say it was Gary's 44 mag lever action. I think it's a Puma.

A mate of mine has just told me he's shagging his girlfriend and her twin. I said "How can you tell them apart?" He said "Her brother's got a moustache!"

Posts: 7969 | Location: Bloody Queensland where every thing is 20 years behind the rest of Australia! | Registered: 25 January 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Good grief, magtec ammo!!! Probably 240gn hp too!! Mind you it is probably the best of the really cheap shit.

A day spent in the bush is a day added to your life
Hunt Australia - Website
Hunt Australia - Facebook
Hunt Australia - TV

Posts: 4456 | Location: Australia | Registered: 23 January 2003Reply With Quote
Picture of Bakes
posted Hide Post
Yep that's Gary rotflmo

One of Us
Picture of Jan Dumon
posted Hide Post
really cool picture.

I hope he's shooting those Buff for free -- using cheap bullets and all....

Jan Dumon
Professional Hunter& Outfitter
www.shumbasafaris.com

+27 82 4577908

Posts: 774 | Location: Greater Kruger - South Africa | Registered: 10 August 2013Reply With Quote
Picture of Bakes
posted Hide Post
Yes he is Jan.