New
Find
Notify
Tools

Proud Dad.
 Login/Join

Picture of Bakes
posted
Fabulous Baker boy number 1 has finished Uni and is now a Engineer. Graduation is next year but we have some very proud parents here at the moment. He's started working with Toowoomba Council already (they paid his scholarship) and is on some good coin for a young fella just starting off. tu2

------------------------------
A mate of mine has just told me he's shagging his girlfriend and her twin. I said "How can you tell them apart?" He said "Her brother's got a moustache!"

Posts: 7973 | Location: Bloody Queensland where every thing is 20 years behind the rest of Australia! | Registered: 25 January 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
Good for him! It's always great to hear of young people doing well.

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12537 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of muzza
posted Hide Post
well done .

My kid has just completed the first year of his BSc at uni - which is all well and good , but he hasnt been here for those week end hunt trips and quick hunts on mates farms etc.

And his education is costing all my play money :-(

Old enough to know better

Posts: 4456 | Location: Eltham , New Zealand | Registered: 13 May 2002Reply With Quote
Picture of Bakes
posted Hide Post
The things we sacrifice Muzza. Wink

A mate of mine has just told me he's shagging his girlfriend and her twin. I said "How can you tell them apart?" He said "Her brother's got a moustache!"

Posts: 7973 | Location: Bloody Queensland where every thing is 20 years behind the rest of Australia! | Registered: 25 January 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Nakihunter
posted Hide Post
Great news and congratulation to the family as a whole.

BTW my 18 year old is finishing his year 13 in Polytech with a Certificate in Mechanical Engineering - top of the class and he just started his first full time job with a local fabrication / Engineering firm.

Very proud of him as he wants to continue his flying while he gets a trade. He got his log book last year.

"When the wind stops....start rowing. When the wind starts, get the sail up quick."

Posts: 11006 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 02 July 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of muzza
posted Hide Post
should we start a "Proud but Poor Father Support Group "?

Old enough to know better

Posts: 4456 | Location: Eltham , New Zealand | Registered: 13 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of sambarman338
posted Hide Post
One of mine is an engineer, too. It is one one of the top-paying professions and with luck their hands stay cleaner than in medicine, law or plumbing Smiler

Posts: 4953 | Location: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: 31 March 2009Reply With Quote
Picture of Bakes
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by muzza:

We might have to mate. Big Grin

one of us
posted Hide Post
Congrats Tony. I pay my daughter well over 100K to run my software group but she told me a week ago she wants to quit, go back to school, and become a music professor.

Don't Ever Book a Hunt with Jeff Blair
http://forums.accuratereloadin...821061151#2821061151

Posts: 7570 | Location: Arizona and off grid in CO | Registered: 28 July 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by muzza:

I might have won the poor part 15 years ago as I had 4 children in Uni. at one time.

My older three kids are triplets and I have another one three years behind them.

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12537 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of gryphon1
posted Hide Post
One of mine just received her Masters Degree a month ago,four out of five of them are all on big bucks and the last one is going back into the "learn AND this time finish a trade atm"

Of course even if they were shop assistants it wouldn't really matter to me at all but I am a proud old man as they did it themselves.

Btw there are a lot of uni/college graduates that pull beer or work as waiters too or drive taxis even.

Posts: 87 | Location: Victoria Australia | Registered: 07 September 2002

Picture of Bakes
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AnotherAZWriter:
Congrats Tony. I pay my daughter well over 100K to run my software group but she told me a week ago she wants to quit, go back to school, and become a music professor.

Ah Kids...As long as she's happy mate. If I knew anymore about computers other then Micro-Soft word I'd hit you up for a job rotflmo