Find
Notify
Tools

What's a Ruger no 3 action worth then?
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Bren7X64
posted
I was out of town and went looking into places and found a Ruger no3 with a washed out barrel. The rest of the rifle appears usable - especially the action ...

What's it worth?

--
Promise me, when I die, don't let my wife sell my guns for what I told I her I paid for them.

Posts: 1048 | Location: Canberra, Australia | Registered: 03 August 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
about 5-6 here

Posts: 13442 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by butchloc:
about 5-6 here

I think that he means in Australia.

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12538 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bren7X64
posted Hide Post
Thanks, Butchloc.

If it's worth 5-6 in the US (I'm presuming that's in hundreds), the asking price sounds reasonable here at just over the top of that ....

Thanks again.

--
Promise me, when I die, don't let my wife sell my guns for what I told I her I paid for them.

Posts: 1048 | Location: Canberra, Australia | Registered: 03 August 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I would say 600 tops for a No3 mate.

A day spent in the bush is a day added to your life
Hunt Australia - Website
Hunt Australia - Facebook
Hunt Australia - TV

Posts: 4456 | Location: Australia | Registered: 23 January 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bren7X64
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys - they want 650, but you know what Aus is like - no-one pays full retail Smiler

Anyway, my brother's Musgrave 308 should be here in few weeks, so I'll just hang on for that first.

It's a quite remarkably accurate (precise, if you prefer) rifle made on the Spanish Santa Barbara commercial action.

--