New
Find
Notify
Tools

NZ in Lockdown
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Its official, we are in lockdown from wednesday. All no essential business to close for a month.
Our shops today look like- well russia.
Messaged all my friends and told them to ring me if they need meat. Dropped into the local school teachers house and told them I'll stick a deer in their freezer in next few days.

Posts: 4235 | Location: South Island NZ | Registered: 21 July 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
A nice gesture Shanks, helping your fellow citizens which I'm sure will be appreciated.
Good on you.

Hunting.... it's not everything, it's the only thing.

Posts: 2016 | Location: New Zealand's North Island | Registered: 13 November 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of gryphon1
posted Hide Post
Not going anywhere will save you money mate....perhaps enough to get a replacement camera lol.

My very clear crystal ball tells me that I wont see you and K crossing the ditch this year!
I have thought about mincing up a couple of deer arse ends for the local pensioners too.

Posts: 87 | Location: Victoria Australia | Registered: 07 September 2002

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yeah its a shit sandwich right now. Lucky I have the farm to go crazy on.

Posts: 4235 | Location: South Island NZ | Registered: 21 July 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
You can social distance all over the farm. I'm working from home and Wifezilla comes into my office half a dozen times a day to "check on me". She hasn't called me at work 6 times in the last 15 years, why she has to do so now I don't know.

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12538 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yep I am considerably lucky through all this.
Kathrin did suggest could talk to each other more now. We looked at each other and laughed.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Fjold
posted 29 March 2020 11:31
quote:
Wifezilla comes into my office half a dozen times a day to "check on me". She hasn't called me at work 6 times in the last 15 years, why she has to do so now I don't know.

Rediscovered love Frank...??

Posts: 2016 | Location: New Zealand's North Island | Registered: 13 November 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of gryphon1
posted Hide Post
Is it because she thinks you are self isolating with the secretary?

Posts: 87 | Location: Victoria Australia | Registered: 07 September 2002

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
shankspony
posted 29 March 2020 11:41

Kathrin did suggest could talk to each other more now. We looked at each other and laughed.

Be a man Shanks, and give it a go ! Might surprise you. I'm guilty of not being overly talkative with my wife but in certain circumstances have engaged in thoughtful conversation and actually learned something. Not saying I might again anytime soon as she still goes to work every day being in "essential" industry but when we do I think it helps us both.
Anyway, I'm bored, so apologies for the relationship counselling.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
haha, no its for another reason. We work together every day. Plenty of time for chatting. In reality this lockdown is not changing a whole heap for us, which is either very cool, or just sad.

one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 30.06king:
Fjold
posted 29 March 2020 11:31
quote:
Wifezilla comes into my office half a dozen times a day to "check on me". She hasn't called me at work 6 times in the last 15 years, why she has to do so now I don't know.

Rediscovered love Frank...??

We're so old and I travel so much she's probably just wondering who the hell's in her house.

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12538 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of muzza
posted Hide Post
Latest from our Council of Licenced Firearms Owners

"The National State of Emergency that has been in force since 25 March 2020 allows the Government to issue Orders under the Health Act 1956. Last night a new order that makes it clear what you can and can’t do in terms of leaving your house for the purposes of recreation was signed.

It states that you cannot leave your residence for the purpose of hunting, fishing, tramping, swimming, boating or any activity that could require search and rescue.

You can find a copy of the order here - https://covid19.govt.nz/assets...-3-April-2020-v2.PDF

Our lawyers have studied the new Order. It is so explicit there can be no doubt a constable would be fully justified in arresting or otherwise using force to stop people hunting or being outside their ‘current place of residence’ except for one of the express exceptions. In short, Police do have the ability to stop you from going hunting and can enforce this ban.

The Order expires at midnight on 22 April 2020 unless it is revoked earlier or extended.

I make no comment on the merits of the ban, but with the roar upon us, I thought I had better let you know ASAP.

Stay safe,

Old enough to know better

Posts: 4457 | Location: Eltham , New Zealand | Registered: 13 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Sarg
posted Hide Post
Yeah, got that so proper Fucked now if you are caught out & about !

Funny my buddy a essential worker has only been stopped once in all this time since lock down, till today & 4 times today he was stopped !!!

Posts: 461 | Location: New Zealand - Australia - South Africa | Registered: 14 October 2007Reply With Quote