New
Find
Notify
Tools

Now this is more like it
 Login/Join

Picture of Bakes
posted
My two troops called in sick yesterday so with no one to train, I took the day off and went chasing prawns. Bagged out in 30 minutes, then went for a fish and got a nice silver grunter. Had a bugger of a time getting the boat on the trailer as the wind and tide were going across the boat ramp and if it wasn't for the help of some dude, I'd still be there. I stuck around and helped him with his boat then slipped him a kilo of prawns to say thanks.

------------------------------
A mate of mine has just told me he's shagging his girlfriend and her twin. I said "How can you tell them apart?" He said "Her brother's got a moustache!"

Posts: 7964 | Location: Bloody Queensland where every thing is 20 years behind the rest of Australia! | Registered: 25 January 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of gryphon1
posted Hide Post
Awesome day on the prawns.

Last line says it all.

Out on the patio we'd sit,
And the humidity we'd breathe,
We'd watch the lightning crack over canefields
Laugh and think, this is Australia.

Posts: 87 | Location: Victoria Australia | Registered: 07 September 2002

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hi Tony:

I had the same loading problem with my big old
Whitehouse cuddy blowing over the side of the
trailer.

Being a weldor with equipment and steel. I welded a couple uprights about 3' long per side and bolted 2x4's to them, then wrapped it with carpet.

The bars are just 3/8"x2" flats. I didn't want them too solid in case the boat hit them hard enough to damage things. They will bend, yet are stout enough to handle what's needed.

Now all I have to do is drive it between the side rails and on up far enough to reach the winch and pull it on down.

I had the flat iron in the shop. Not sure about
the redwood 2x4's whether I had to go buy them or not. They're about 6' long, one on each side.

Sure cured that wind drift problem. Might have $20 in the fix. IF you can't do it and have to hire it done it'll cost more. But, it'll fix that problem.

Best wishes,

George

"Gun Control is NOT about Guns'
"It's about Control!!"
Join the NRA today!"

LM: NRA, DAV,

George L. Dwight

Posts: 5935 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: 31 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Thunder Head
posted Hide Post
Nice !!

The wind and current can be a real pain.

You in your new boat?

I have walked in the foot prints of the elephant, listened to lion roar and met the buffalo on his turf. I shall never be the same.

Posts: 813 | Location: In the shadow of Currahee | Registered: 29 January 2009Reply With Quote
Picture of Bakes
posted Hide Post
No not yet

------------------------------
A mate of mine has just told me he's shagging his girlfriend and her twin. I said "How can you tell them apart?" He said "Her brother's got a moustache!"

Posts: 7964 | Location: Bloody Queensland where every thing is 20 years behind the rest of Australia! | Registered: 25 January 2001Reply With Quote