About time
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of TOP_PREDATOR
posted
https://i.stuff.co.nz/travel/n...-prime-minister-says

"Never in the field of human conflict
was so much owed by so many to so few." Sir Winston Churchill

Posts: 1870 | Location: Throughout the British Empire | Registered: 08 October 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of muzza
posted Hide Post
I am waiting for the requirement to produce a vaccination certificate before you are allowed to travel. QANTAS has already stated that will be its requirement .
So whilst a vaccination will not be compulsory by the Govt -it will be by various other agencies.

Looks like I will be staying home for the foreseeable future.....

Old enough to know better

Posts: 4454 | Location: Eltham , New Zealand | Registered: 13 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of HendrikNZ
posted Hide Post
This announcement about an announcement changes everything!

Is this another nothing announcement from the PM & co to distract us from the real issues? Greta having a go at her, Housing, Poverty & the latest Trevor Mallard saga?

Posts: 354 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 11 April 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
I'm waiting for the vaccination to become available. I don't want it but I have so much work backed up in New Zealand that I'm going to have to get it.

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12501 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of TOP_PREDATOR
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fjold:
I'm waiting for the vaccination to become available. I don't want it but I have so much work backed up in New Zealand that I'm going to have to get it.

Biden Green deal you will swimming over, no more airplanes for Americans sofa

Posts: 1870 | Location: Throughout the British Empire | Registered: 08 October 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of TOP_PREDATOR
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HendrikNZ:
This announcement about an announcement changes everything!

Is this another nothing announcement from the PM & co to distract us from the real issues? Greta having a go at her, Housing, Poverty & the latest Trevor Mallard saga?

Why is her Nanny in South America?

one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TOP_PREDATOR:
quote:

I'll just use my waka, you left wing tosser!

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12501 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of TOP_PREDATOR
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by TOP_PREDATOR:
quote:

I'll just use my waka, you left wing tosser!

That sounds like cultural appropriation to me, you Americans always taking what you want from the native peoples of the world jumping

One of Us
Picture of gryphon1
posted Hide Post
The fakers will be busy selling counterfeit inoculation certificates for those shy of the unknown that still want to travel.

Posts: 87 | Location: Victoria Australia | Registered: 07 September 2002

One of Us
Picture of muzza
posted Hide Post
Not shy of the unknown , gryph - more like untrusting of their own government and those behind this whole sorry saga.

I bet every product you treat your cattle with has had to go through years of field trials and testing before it is declared safe to use - but here we have a vaccine made in a matter of months , by companies who may or may not actually have a background in vaccine production, being mass produced and forced onto the worlds population.

Test it on politicians first - if they die we will be safe , if they dont die then maybe we will still be safe . I will be at the very back of the queue - nobody is jabbing me with some untested product.

Old enough to know better

Posts: 4454 | Location: Eltham , New Zealand | Registered: 13 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of gryphon1
posted Hide Post
Test it on politicians first . Exactly.

I am shy of the unknown myself and dont like the idea of those that approve of the drug will be all gone when any (if) any contraindications occur down the track.

Posts: 87 | Location: Victoria Australia | Registered: 07 September 2002

One of Us
posted Hide Post
interestingly was talking with my father yesterday. My parents have enjoyed international travel and been to some cool and interesting places.
They are 70 now and he told me thats their overseas travel done. Insurance won't cover them for covid even with the vaccine and they cant risk getting sick with it in another country for that reason.
They have bought a caravan and will see NZ now instead.

Posts: 4212 | Location: South Island NZ | Registered: 21 July 2008Reply With Quote