New
Find
Notify
Tools

While I was home
 Login/Join

Picture of Bakes
posted
I picked up a little knife I had made for the young grandson Sam. Made by a well known Aussie hunting identity Ted Mitchell.

Sams mum is not impressed but hey what can you do Big Grin

------------------------------
A mate of mine has just told me he's shagging his girlfriend and her twin. I said "How can you tell them apart?" He said "Her brother's got a moustache!"

Posts: 7964 | Location: Bloody Queensland where every thing is 20 years behind the rest of Australia! | Registered: 25 January 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
All I can say is give him cheap knifes first until he learns to properly care for them and not lose them.

Posts: 19317 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
Picture of Bakes
posted Hide Post
He's 8 months old at the moment. He won't be getting this for a LONG time. Wink

A mate of mine has just told me he's shagging his girlfriend and her twin. I said "How can you tell them apart?" He said "Her brother's got a moustache!"

Posts: 7964 | Location: Bloody Queensland where every thing is 20 years behind the rest of Australia! | Registered: 25 January 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of gryphon1
posted Hide Post
Well YOU use it then and leave it in your will to him,or a 21st b/day present.
It will have the blood sweat and tears instilled in its history and be a far better knife to hand over then.
Love from Grandpa.

Posts: 87 | Location: Victoria Australia | Registered: 07 September 2002

Picture of Bakes
posted Hide Post
Yeah I've already thought of "Breaking it in" Wink

one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
Really liking the file work, Tony. You chose well.

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16306 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
Picture of Bakes
posted Hide Post
Yeah it looks pretty good Bill.

One of Us
Picture of muzza
posted Hide Post
I doubt the knife would survive long enough for the kid to even see it if the mother has issues with it. Use it yourself , then pass it along once the lad is old enough to appreciate it - like on his 21st birthday. Then its Grandads hunting knife and has some family history

Old enough to know better

Posts: 4454 | Location: Eltham , New Zealand | Registered: 13 May 2002Reply With Quote
Picture of Bakes
posted Hide Post
I keep telling young Caila she has no choice, little Sam is going hunting with pop Big Grin

one of us
Picture of Bad Ass Wallace
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bakes:
He's 8 months old at the moment. He won't be getting this for a LONG time. Wink

Will need a nice wooden box to keep it in for that long!

Hold still varmint; while I plugs yer!
If'n I miss, our band of 45/70 brothers, will fill yer full of lead!

Posts: 1785 | Location: Kingaroy, Australia | Registered: 29 April 2002Reply With Quote
Picture of Bakes
posted Hide Post
That looks pretty good BAW tu2