Find
Notify
Tools

Swazi on Sale
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Big Wonderful Wyoming
posted
There are a couple of days left for the Swazi sale. I bought a couple of pieces, I had not owned any in a long time.

Is it common for Kiwis to wear Swazi in the bush, or have you all gone to American hunting companies like Kuiu, First Lite and so on?

Hell of a value if he is still making the same quality stuff as the last Tahr I had 20 years ago. My whole order was cheap with VAT removed and another $60 USD for shipping.

Posts: 7763 | Location: Das heimat! | Registered: 10 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of muzza
posted Hide Post
when the unfortunate event in Christchurch occurred , and everyone was throwing the shooting fraternity under the bus , Davey Hughes from Swazi threw his customer base under the bus as well.

I suspect not many shooters in NZ will buy Swazi goods again , sale or no sale . I know I wont be buying any new gear from them.

Old enough to know better

Posts: 4455 | Location: Eltham , New Zealand | Registered: 13 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sort of like the Dicks of NZ. Though I understand one gun store has stopped selling semi autos too.

DRSS

Posts: 1899 | Location: Australia | Registered: 25 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of muzza
posted Hide Post
that probably be Hunting and Fishing. They sided with the Government too , pretty quickly in fact. They are more of a clothing store than actual hunting gear but are suffering a buyer backlash over their public stance too.

Another dealer I wont be supporting again. Theres a bit of a list now .

Posts: 4455 | Location: Eltham , New Zealand | Registered: 13 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of TOP_PREDATOR
posted Hide Post
I will never buy from the traitor again.

"Never in the field of human conflict
was so much owed by so many to so few." Sir Winston Churchill

Posts: 1870 | Location: Throughout the British Empire | Registered: 08 October 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Its good gear, and if i feel that its what I need, then I will consider buying it. But if There is an alternative thats as good I will buy that, Because he didnt need to say anything and His opinion was used and is still being used against us all.
Plus for years he rubbished other manufacturers for getting their stuff made in China, and now hes doing it too. No need to feel any loyalty there.

Posts: 4217 | Location: South Island NZ | Registered: 21 July 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of gryphon1
posted Hide Post
Being a "valued and loyal customer" I was given a sales pitch to buy their gear so i dutifully bought two sweater type tops for supposedly half price. One tiny little short zip at the neck and not one pocket,not even a breast pocket. I was so pissed off and the fleece is no better than the no name brands for 25% of the price. Never again..their emails are in the spam box forever.

On another note a mate and his buddy in Ireland were both wearing Swazi Tahr jackets one wet day and he complained that they got drenched...maybe Ireland's rain is better than elsewhere.

Posts: 87 | Location: Victoria Australia | Registered: 07 September 2002

One of Us
Picture of muzza
posted Hide Post
The top price Swazi gear is very good - the rest of it is now made in China or Thailand and is made down to a price .

I prefer Ridgeline or Stoney Creek tees and tops. have worn them for years and dont seem able to wear them out .

One of Us
posted Hide Post
He posted a video that his wool long underwear were going to be made in Thailand.

The Tahr, Nahanni and Drybacks I ordered are supposed to be made in Lethen.

Posts: 7763 | Location: Das heimat! | Registered: 10 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of muzza
posted Hide Post
Probably be fine . The clothing will be made to Swazi standards but not necessarily in NZ.

Not everybody takes the same stance as some of us .

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I didn't know he was a dickhead on the gun control issue in New Zealand.

He had a small social media presence on youtube, but it is fairly old.

We have lots of progun and knife companies that fail to fight the good fight in America. Often they are just as big of a dickhead as Davey has been in New Zealand.

Like I said I had a tahr a long time ago, and it was a good piece. I bought Ridgeline and Stoney Creek when I lived in Australia. Never had a problem with it.

I am a whore for a sale. So I ordered a Tahr, a Nahanni and two different dri-backs. I spent about $450 USD total by the time they shipped. Really good prices. I couldn't buy a raincoat, insulation piece and two pairs of outdoor pants for that in American unless they were a shit brand.

If they don't fit, I guess I'll put them on ebay and see if I can break even.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
They will do you well. You can't fault the quality and in your environment Id say they would be close to ideal.

Posts: 4217 | Location: South Island NZ | Registered: 21 July 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Stuff got here yesterday. They split the order in half and I have yet to see the other pair of pants or the Tahr anorak.

Drybacks fit well, wasn't sure about the ringed leg cuffs, but then I tried them under a pair of gaiters and I see the point now.

Nahanni is really warm, and really comfortable. I am going sheep hunting on Monday and Tuesday here in New Mexico and I am going to bring them a long.

Didn't see the Polartec fleece logo on anything, my last stuff from him 20 years ago had it. But it looks to be of pretty good quality.

Just like GoreTex it cost a lot to pay for name brand stuff.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Got everything yesterday. We'll see how much use we get out of it.

One of Us
Picture of muzza
posted Hide Post
I am sure the products will be fine. The high end clothing is as good as anything else on the planet.

Its just the personal politics of the owner that is questionable.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by muzza:
when the unfortunate event in Christchurch occurred , and everyone was throwing the shooting fraternity under the bus , Davey Hughes from Swazi threw his customer base under the bus as well.

I suspect not many shooters in NZ will buy Swazi goods again , sale or no sale . I know I wont be buying any new gear from them.

I was on their mailing list as a clan member. Then Davey ran straight passed retard and went full potato with his virtue signalling.

Never going to buy another Swazi item again, and can't wait to chat with him should he show his face at a hunting expo over here ever again.

Cheers, Dave.

Aut Inveniam Viam aut Faciam.

Posts: 6716 | Location: The Hunting State. | Registered: 08 March 2005Reply With Quote