New
Find
Notify
Tools

I've been unfriended
 Login/Join

Picture of Bakes
posted
I went on a anti anti hunter spree on facebook, posted some articles about lion (that I got from this site), changed my profile picture to a pic of my two cape buff (it was late at night and I was in a shit stirring mood Big Grin)One of my "Friends", an old dog handling mate didn't like my profile picture and said so. So I gave him a serve and he's unfriended me rotflmo

------------------------------
A mate of mine has just told me he's shagging his girlfriend and her twin. I said "How can you tell them apart?" He said "Her brother's got a moustache!"

Posts: 7969 | Location: Bloody Queensland where every thing is 20 years behind the rest of Australia! | Registered: 25 January 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Foxhunter223
posted Hide Post
Bakes I'm not a fussy bloke, I will be your friend Big Grin
Pete

Posts: 231 | Location: Northern NSW Australia | Registered: 08 March 2005Reply With Quote
Picture of Bakes
posted Hide Post
Thanks mate Wink Big Grin

A mate of mine has just told me he's shagging his girlfriend and her twin. I said "How can you tell them apart?" He said "Her brother's got a moustache!"

Posts: 7969 | Location: Bloody Queensland where every thing is 20 years behind the rest of Australia! | Registered: 25 January 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of muzza
posted Hide Post
I can only guess at the emotional trauma you have suffered at being "unfriended" , Bakes. At least your employers should be able to arrange some psychological counselling for you to help get over it :-)

Old enough to know better

Posts: 4456 | Location: Eltham , New Zealand | Registered: 13 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Von Gruff
posted Hide Post
Nah, just go hunting and forget them

Von Gruff.

http://www.vongruffknives.com/

Gen 12: 1-3

Exodus 20:1-17

Acts 4:10-12

Posts: 2684 | Location: South Otago New Zealand. | Registered: 08 February 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
perhaps you need to contact walter Big Grin

Posts: 13440 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
Picture of Bakes
posted Hide Post
Walter's already my friend Wink

Years ago, before facebook, the same bloke came into work and stated that he was trying to get qualified as a wildlife carer. He then told us about the critter his cat bought home that night. I told him if he wanted to care for wildlife get rid of the farken cat! Didn't go down to well. He was my CPL at the time and I took great delight in pushing him until one day he had a foot stamping tantrum rotflmo ah happy days.

Another incident with the same bloke- I ran over a hare on shift, it went right under the middle of the truck, wasn't crushed or anything so out came the leatherman and I skinned, gutted it and wacked it in a big zip lock bag for my dog at home. I went down to the flight line where he was and chucked it in the fridge right in front of him, he fair shit and I thought he was going to cry dancing In saying all that he was a nice guy that would do anything for you.

One of Us
Picture of muzza
posted Hide Post
The real issue isnt that you hunt - it is simply that you wont agree that he is right and you are not.

Doesnt matter what the subject is - veganism , anti hunting , which party to vote for at the next election - the issue the "antis" have is that other people will not accept that the antis are right all the time and the rest of us should accept it .

Tell your non-friend to grow up and get a life.

Old enough to know better

Posts: 4456 | Location: Eltham , New Zealand | Registered: 13 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Send him a bottle of Bundaberg! That'll get his goat........... jumping

Posts: 4214 | Location: Southern Colorado | Registered: 09 October 2011Reply With Quote
Picture of Bakes
posted Hide Post
Muzza this is how it played out. I changed my profile picture and he said "Sorry but I don't think this is a good image"

I then said "I don't give a shit Steve. I'm a hunter, I've done nothing illegal and I won't hide what I enjoy. These are Cape buffalo taken in Africa, all meat was used but us and the camp staff. So whats the problem."

He told me that "everyone had their opinion" to which I replied "Thats true Steve everyone is entitled to their opinion BUT does that mean you have an entitlement to voice it? If you post something I don't like, I don't post negative comments to you. I may get sick of all the star wars stuff you post but hey, as long as its legal and no one gets hurt you can do/post what ever you want. I'm not about to get on your post and have a little sook about it. BUT you have sook on what I post and make comment I will give you a serve. You may not like hunting Steve but I do and I know the value it brings into rural areas here in Australia and in African countries. So blow it out your arse.

I actually think its kind of funny. Everyone else has post positive things about the pic

One of Us
posted Hide Post
You must be absolutely devastated...

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Big Wonderful Wyoming
posted Hide Post
Fairly regularly I notice that people I have known for a long time or once worked with are no longer my friends on Facebook.

Blokes I served with in the military rarely ever do that.

Posts: 7768 | Location: Das heimat! | Registered: 10 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
G'Day Fella's,

Bakes, I hope you haven't lost any sleep over being De-Friended!
We still love ya mate and thats what matters!

If as hunters, we didn't already realise that we were The Lepers of our society, we do now! Thats OK with me, as I don't make much of a hypocrite, and there are no shortage of those about!!!

Regards
Homer

Lick the Lolly Pop of Mediocrity Just Once and You Will Suck For Life!

Posts: 459 | Location: Canberra, Australia | Registered: 21 July 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of rnovi
posted Hide Post
I'm proud of ya man! Smiler

Regards,

Robert

H4350! It stays crunchy in milk longer!

Posts: 2313 | Location: Greater Nashville, TN | Registered: 23 June 2006Reply With Quote
Picture of Bakes
posted Hide Post
No sleep lost Homer Wink