Find
Notify
Tools

Trigger Finger
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Bad Ass Wallace
posted
Darn, after an industrial accident 2 weeks ago with a power planer, my trigger finger is a bit short now!

Hold still varmint; while I plugs yer!
If'n I miss, our band of 45/70 brothers, will fill yer full of lead!

Posts: 1785 | Location: Kingaroy, Australia | Registered: 29 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Damn, I wouldn't wish that on anybody !
I was trying to think of some example so I could say at least it's not as bad as.......whatever. While maybe not as bad as getting Covid that is quite bad, and sad.
How long before you can attempt rifle use again to see if the finger can still pull the trigger ?
Hope you recover well.

Hunting.... it's not everything, it's the only thing.

Posts: 2014 | Location: New Zealand's North Island | Registered: 13 November 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Bugger! Thats a shit thing to happen.
I remember injuring my finger some years back and shooting quite well with the next finger down. Hope something like that works for you.

Posts: 4234 | Location: South Island NZ | Registered: 21 July 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Those things are SORE as hell, right?

Sorry you lost so much of it.

Only reason I don't have 3 short ones

on the L hand. I adjusted the saw blade
to 1/8" over the plywood. Got the very tip
and cut grooves in the next two.

That will heal nicely, will be tender for
many years though.

Best wishes for a quick healing.

George

"Gun Control is NOT about Guns'
"It's about Control!!"
Join the NRA today!"

LM: NRA, DAV,

George L. Dwight

Posts: 5943 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: 31 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of muzza
posted Hide Post
When you are sitting in your beat-up old ute at the traffic lights , next to the spiv in the BMW convertable , with the roof down , driving gloves , aviator glasses and poncy wee cap - you will be able to look him in the eye and shove your index finger so far up your nose it will look like it will poke your brain out , then drive sedately away when the lights change ...

Childish , I know , but why grow up if you dont have to ??????

Old enough to know better

Posts: 4456 | Location: Eltham , New Zealand | Registered: 13 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of gryphon1
posted Hide Post
Did you BAWl bad ass?

Posts: 87 | Location: Victoria Australia | Registered: 07 September 2002

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by muzza:
When you are sitting in your beat-up old ute at the traffic lights , next to the spiv in the BMW convertable , with the roof down , driving gloves , aviator glasses and poncy wee cap - you will be able to look him in the eye and shove your index finger so far up your nose it will look like it will poke your brain out , then drive sedately away when the lights change ...

Childish , I know , but why grow up if you dont have to ??????

That is friggen funny! You oughta be made an honorary Texan, just for your sense of humour!

Damn Wallace! That hadda,hurt!

Posts: 41768 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
Wow! So sorry man! I had a good friend growing up that had a shortened index finger. His was caused by something a little different: When he was two years old he stuck his finger in a rabbit hutch and a rabbit bit off 1/3 of his finger. Had to have the bone trimmed every so often growing up as it continued to grow.

Administrator
posted Hide Post
Bloody hell!

That is awful!

I hope you have a full recovery.

A pool filter - which we use to clean our croc pond - blew up in my face, whilc having my hands on the large Plexiglas done.

I lost all my finger nails - all ten of them.

All the bones in my finger tips broke!

I had no one to drive me to the hospital.

I wrapped two small towels on my hands, and drove myself to a clinic about 15 kilometres away.

The doctor, a friend of mine, said "when are you going to stop trying to kill yourself? One day you will succeed!"

I spent hours there.

First they had to clean the wounds - the filter was full of sand and croc and fish poop!

Then they had to get some sort of plastic tubes that screws into itself to tighten, and put these on all my fingers.

Had to have them on for several weeks!

I am find now, except some of my fingers look wonky!

I keep a bottle of perfume with high alcohol content in the workshop.

And quite often I will cut myself on something, and I put some perfume on the wound.

When I go inside and my wife smells it, she asks what I have done to myself.

And she keep reminding me of what I tell people "when the brain is dead, the body suffers!"

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 66928 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of gryphon1
posted Hide Post
Now that is a world of hurt.

Posts: 87 | Location: Victoria Australia | Registered: 07 September 2002