THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM DOWN UNDER FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Australian and New Zealand Hunting    Packing list for Australian, New Zealand and New Caledonia hunts.

Moderators: Bakes

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Packing list for Australian, New Zealand and New Caledonia hunts.
 Login/Join

Picture of Bakes
posted
I've asked AR member,hunting guide and owner of Hunt Australia Matt Graham to put together a packing list for hunters visiting Australia. He's very kindly agreed to do so. Of course it goes without saying that you can bring what you'd like but this will give visiting hunters a good starting point.

Note: The following lists are intended for traveling hunters taking fully guided hunts. Self-guided or semi-guided hunts should include other important items such as; first aid kits, compass, GPS, survival knives, water purification, maps and other resources.

Northern Territory & New Caledonia Hunts

2-3 changes long-sleeve lightweight cotton hunting shirts and pants (camouflage or dark green/olive). Long pants or short is personal preference.
Hat - prefer wide-brim hat, 'boonie' or other style. Cap is OK too but boonie is better.
Lightweight hiking boots/shoes plus spare pair (perhaps runners?)
Lightweight spray jacket (outer shell)
Good quality binoculars
Lightweight daypack
2 small flashlights (preferably one headlamp and one surefire type light)
Camera
Personal Items
Sunscreen SPF 30+
Tropical-strength insect repellent
Personal drink bottle to be refilled at camp
Ibuprofen tablets or similar
Benedril Spray
Personal toiletries – shampoo, etc.

Southern Deer Hunts & New Zealand Hunts (mid-year)

2-3 changes long-sleeve mid-weight cotton hunting shirts and pants (camouflage or dark green/olive).
1 set thermal underwear
Camo or green hunting cap or hat
Warm headwear or jacket hood
Lightweight hiking boots/shoes plus spare pair (perhaps runners?)
Lightweight camo, or dark spray jacket (outer shell)
Camo or dark mid-weight warm hunting jacket
(Same warm hunting gear as North American fall hunting)
Good quality binoculars
Lightweight daypack
2 small flashlights (preferably one headlamp and one surefire-type light)
Camera
Personal Items
Sunscreen SPF 30+
Personal drink bottle to be refilled at camp
Ibuprofen tablets or similar
Benedril Spray
Personal toiletries – shampoo, etc.

My thanks to Matt for taking the time to put the list together. thumb

------------------------------
A mate of mine has just told me he's shagging his girlfriend and her twin. I said "How can you tell them apart?" He said "Her brother's got a moustache!"

Posts: 7973 | Location: Bloody Queensland where every thing is 20 years behind the rest of Australia! | Registered: 25 January 2001