New
Find
Notify
Tools

Off for a hunt tomorrow
 Login/Join

Picture of Bakes
posted
Heading off for my first state forest hunt tomorrow. Fabulous Baker Boy number one is coming with me. Hunt location is Nundle SF and it’s going to be bloody cold Eeker

------------------------------
A mate of mine has just told me he's shagging his girlfriend and her twin. I said "How can you tell them apart?" He said "Her brother's got a moustache!"

Posts: 7969 | Location: Bloody Queensland where every thing is 20 years behind the rest of Australia! | Registered: 25 January 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
What are you hoping to get your sights onto ?

Hunting.... it's not everything, it's the only thing.

Posts: 2012 | Location: New Zealand's North Island | Registered: 13 November 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of gryphon1
posted Hide Post
Nundle,last time we were there we knocked red deer,goats,pigs and rabbits.Not in the State Forest but on a property on the Peel.

Posts: 87 | Location: Victoria Australia | Registered: 07 September 2002

Picture of Bakes
posted Hide Post
All those are in the SF Gryph apparently. There are also elk- red crosses as well, so I’ve heard. Not taking the .22 as I don’t want to leave it in the vehicle unattended. So only after largeish stuff

A mate of mine has just told me he's shagging his girlfriend and her twin. I said "How can you tell them apart?" He said "Her brother's got a moustache!"

Posts: 7969 | Location: Bloody Queensland where every thing is 20 years behind the rest of Australia! | Registered: 25 January 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of gryphon1
posted Hide Post
The problem is that the SF gets overworked by all sorts of gun toting clowns and game is a bit skittish. Dont let it stop you though. Take the .22 and plant it in the scrub 30 yards from the car if you think its risky.

Picture of Bakes
posted Hide Post
Well it was a cold weekend, saw bugger all at Nundle but one guy got a pig. Plenty of deer sign and one of the party saw 7 fallow but couldn’t get close enough. We went and checked out Hanging Rock and saw some deer but didn’t have approvals to hunt them. Still it was a good time with my boy. He’s getting his r license and is now looking at buying a gun safe Big Grin

One of Us
Picture of gryphon1
posted Hide Post
You got out at least and before the next lockdown which surely will be coming.
We dont have to always kill game to have a good time.

Picture of Bakes
posted Hide Post
It was a good time with my boy Gryph. He has not shown a lot of interest in hunting before but is getting into it on his terms.