New
Find
Notify
Tools

ANZAC Day with a bit of a fish
 Login/Join

Picture of Bakes
posted
Another ANZAC day with my old man. My brother, son and grandson were with us this year. 4 generations of Bakers Big Grin.

After the ceremony I took the boy and my daughter in law out fishing. Caila had never been fishing before and she ended up catching the first, biggest and most fish! Eeker Big Grin

------------------------------
A mate of mine has just told me he's shagging his girlfriend and her twin. I said "How can you tell them apart?" He said "Her brother's got a moustache!"

Posts: 7973 | Location: Bloody Queensland where every thing is 20 years behind the rest of Australia! | Registered: 25 January 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of gryphon1
posted Hide Post
Good fishy stuff,also good for AR with their homage heading to our Anzacs also.

Posts: 87 | Location: Victoria Australia | Registered: 07 September 2002

Picture of Bakes
posted Hide Post
Yep Don is a good egg. He always comes through.

A mate of mine has just told me he's shagging his girlfriend and her twin. I said "How can you tell them apart?" He said "Her brother's got a moustache!"

Posts: 7973 | Location: Bloody Queensland where every thing is 20 years behind the rest of Australia! | Registered: 25 January 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Bakes,
You scrub up quite well in uniform. Thankyou for making the effort to honour our Anzacs.

You DIL might be quite a natural with the fishing. She seems to be enjoying herself. Good on you for introducing her to a worthwhile pastime.

Hunting.... it's not everything, it's the only thing.

Posts: 2014 | Location: New Zealand's North Island | Registered: 13 November 2014Reply With Quote
Picture of Bakes
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 30.06king:
Bakes,
You scrub up quite well in uniform. Thankyou for making the effort to honour our Anzacs.

You DIL might be quite a natural with the fishing. She seems to be enjoying herself. Good on you for introducing her to a worthwhile pastime.

She had a ball mate. She said she understands why I like fishing so much.

One of Us
Picture of Big Wonderful Wyoming
posted Hide Post
We BBQ'd, told the kids about Australia and looked up photos of our old house.

Even showed them their Australian birth certificates.

Posts: 7768 | Location: Das heimat! | Registered: 10 October 2012Reply With Quote
Administrator
Picture of DRG
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bakes:
Yep Don is a good egg. He always comes through.

That's a lot of medals in that family.

Good on your mate.

Posts: 26538 | Location: Where the pilgrims landed | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Nice size trevally there.... presuming its the same species we get down here.

Posts: 4234 | Location: South Island NZ | Registered: 21 July 2008Reply With Quote
Picture of Bakes
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Big Wonderful Wyoming:
We BBQ'd, told the kids about Australia and looked up photos of our old house.

Even showed them their Australian birth certificates.

Thats excellent BWW. Glad you made the effort tu2

Don my son is wearing his great grandfathers WW2 medals. I tracked down his service record and got a set of replica's for mum.

Shanks this is a Golden Trevally, don't know if you get them down your way. They are more a tropical/sub tropical fish.