Tools

For Bakes
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Hi Tony,
Happy New Year.
Thought you might enjoy this.
Last 3 days was fishing in beautiful, but hot, weather with an old, old friend I used to fish with a lot many years ago. For a long time we've been talking about doing it again and finally in late 2021 we got our act together and actually got bait on the hooks. Targeting Snapper, we got a few nice fish. Not a huge haul but all good quality.
This is me with my best fish.
Cheers

Hunting.... it's not everything, it's the only thing.

Posts: 2011 | Location: New Zealand's North Island | Registered: 13 November 2014Reply With Quote
Picture of Bakes
posted Hide Post
Nice effort tu2 I went down to the beach here the other day and caught.....a crab Big Grin I was just about to make a move when I got a call from my troop that told me he went positive on a rapid test Roll Eyes There went my fishing day Big Grin

------------------------------
A mate of mine has just told me he's shagging his girlfriend and her twin. I said "How can you tell them apart?" He said "Her brother's got a moustache!"

Posts: 7969 | Location: Bloody Queensland where every thing is 20 years behind the rest of Australia! | Registered: 25 January 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Not a bad day when you are catching fish like that Grant!
They are catching marlin and bluefin off my local beach all ready this season! Bloody early.
I went down last night with JP, and the Kahawhai were going crazy and feeding ferociously. Racing in and taking the lures from around our feet.
We landed 20+ in a very short time.
What kind of hassles does a positive test cause you Tony?

Going to head back tonight with the fly rod I think.

Posts: 4229 | Location: South Island NZ | Registered: 21 July 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yep,
Fished Kahawhai in that sort of frenzy too, many moons ago, on the Waikato River mouth. Thrilling fishing.
Hope you do get out tonight Shanks and find them just as keen for the fly rod.
Guess what's on my dinner plate tonight.... Big Grin tu2

Hunting.... it's not everything, it's the only thing.

Posts: 2011 | Location: New Zealand's North Island | Registered: 13 November 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
A few pac's from last night.
Have that body weary feeling from doing something enjoyable this morning. Was big surf and I had to get out in mid river mouth to get close enough to cast and away form other fishers, so was fighting waves and river current. But landed 5 on fly.

Posts: 4229 | Location: South Island NZ | Registered: 21 July 2008Reply With Quote
Picture of Bakes
posted Hide Post
Whats a Bluefin Shanks?

A mate of mine has just told me he's shagging his girlfriend and her twin. I said "How can you tell them apart?" He said "Her brother's got a moustache!"

Posts: 7969 | Location: Bloody Queensland where every thing is 20 years behind the rest of Australia! | Registered: 25 January 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Bluefin tuna. I was fortunate or unfortunate enough to strike a school of them a few years back while out in my boat. thinking it was albacore, I rigged up a snapper rod and small lure and trolled through them. First strike and the gears got stripped off the reel in less than 30 seconds!
wasn't until two of them cleared the water near the boat that I realised they were the size of my couch.

Picture of Bakes
posted Hide Post
Oh I thought you had some weird name for Tailor or something Big Grin