New
Find
Notify
Tools

New boat
 Login/Join

Picture of Bakes
posted
Just laid down a deposit on an upgrade! A new boat will be coming home (Once its built). The 490 version of this- https://www.seajayboats.com.au/boats/ranger-sports/

dancing very excited. It will be a LOT more comfortable for me in my old age. My old tinny will be passed onto my sons...Shit I'm a good Dad! Wink Big Grin

------------------------------
A mate of mine has just told me he's shagging his girlfriend and her twin. I said "How can you tell them apart?" He said "Her brother's got a moustache!"

Posts: 7975 | Location: Bloody Queensland where every thing is 20 years behind the rest of Australia! | Registered: 25 January 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Good on ya Bakes.
I'm not a boat guy at all but will say your new toy appears to my eye to have quite the cool factor.
I'm sure you'll work it hard and receive much enjoyment.

Hunting.... it's not everything, it's the only thing.

Posts: 2016 | Location: New Zealand's North Island | Registered: 13 November 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Thunder Head
posted Hide Post
Nice looking boats,

Did you order center or side console?

I have walked in the foot prints of the elephant, listened to lion roar and met the buffalo on his turf. I shall never be the same.

Posts: 813 | Location: In the shadow of Currahee | Registered: 29 January 2009Reply With Quote
Picture of Bakes
posted Hide Post
Side console. I want the space on the deck to roll out the swag if I want to overnight

A mate of mine has just told me he's shagging his girlfriend and her twin. I said "How can you tell them apart?" He said "Her brother's got a moustache!"

Posts: 7975 | Location: Bloody Queensland where every thing is 20 years behind the rest of Australia! | Registered: 25 January 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
That is a very useful boat. I bet it would really work with a OB jet. Do you know what the dead rise is at the stern?

IHMSA BC Provincial Champion and Perfect 40 Score, Unlimited Category, AAA Class.

Posts: 3336 | Location: Kamloops, BC | Registered: 09 November 2015Reply With Quote
Picture of Bakes
posted Hide Post
No mate I don't

One of Us
Picture of Thunder Head
posted Hide Post
Yep,
I bought a new to me boat last year. I switched to a side console. A lot more room. Ive spent the night on it a couple of times hunting and fishing.

I have walked in the foot prints of the elephant, listened to lion roar and met the buffalo on his turf. I shall never be the same.

Posts: 813 | Location: In the shadow of Currahee | Registered: 29 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Bakes, No worries, thanks, brian

IHMSA BC Provincial Champion and Perfect 40 Score, Unlimited Category, AAA Class.

Posts: 3336 | Location: Kamloops, BC | Registered: 09 November 2015Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have an OLD 1966 Whitehouse cuddy.
Two of us 'camped" in it 9 days on big lake.
I took the ocean going crapper out and put a
3 burner, w/oven from an old camp trailer in it's place.

Sure nice to have a roof when the hard rains and hail comes, or it gets too cold "outside" just drop a flap and fire up the stove.

Sure draws the flies when I bake a cake or bread. Never knew there was so many other boaters out there til the smell draws 'em in.
HA!

Worst part about owning a boat is that hole in the water has to be filled with money. As bad as a girl friend while being married I was told once.

Hope you get to spend a lot of time in it Tony. Am happy for you.

George

"Gun Control is NOT about Guns'
"It's about Control!!"
Join the NRA today!"

LM: NRA, DAV,

George L. Dwight

Posts: 5943 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: 31 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Nice fishing platform! Trick to owning a boat is using it enough, so wish you many happy hours in her.

Posts: 4235 | Location: South Island NZ | Registered: 21 July 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Big Wonderful Wyoming
posted Hide Post
Nice boat,

I volunteered for another Afghanistan, Kuwait or Iraq deployment no boat on the backend, but 3 times the pay is a good reason to go anywhere.

Hope the deployment was worth it.

Posts: 7768 | Location: Das heimat! | Registered: 10 October 2012Reply With Quote
Picture of Bakes
posted Hide Post
Nah this isn't deployment money, thats still floating around Wink

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Good Luck with and have a lot of fun with it !!!

BOAT---BREAK
OUT
ANOTHER
THOUSAND

Enjoy!
Hip

Posts: 1823 | Location: Long Island, New York | Registered: 04 January 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of TCLouis
posted Hide Post
That is a nice looking boat and looks like it is built to take any waves one should be out in.

Are the sides/transom high enough to keep the curious Crocs out?

Don't limit your challenges . . .
Challenge your limits

Posts: 4227 | Location: TN USA | Registered: 17 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of gryphon1
posted Hide Post
Got enough dough to put a 90 on it Bakesy (in pic) they are not effn cheap.

Posts: 87 | Location: Victoria Australia | Registered: 07 September 2002

Picture of Bakes
posted Hide Post
Package is an 80 honda and I looked at a 90 suzuki today (Honda don't make a XL shaft 90 any more) Its an extra $2000 for the suzuki. Thats a bit more than I want to spend for 10 extra horses.

One of Us
Picture of gryphon1
posted Hide Post
80 will do you fine on that ripper...jealous!

Picture of Bakes
posted Hide Post
Yeah I would've like max horse power but when working to a budget. I could go with a dealer that carries yammy's but that puts the price right up as well. The guys I'm going through are at Caloundra and have given me great service so far. I can't say that for some dealers. I shot one mob an email, pointing out their crappy service and informing them I've signed on with someone else Big Grin Its got me buggered that if you are in the business to sell boats, wouldn't you do everything you can to do so?

One of Us
Picture of gryphon1
posted Hide Post
I did quite a few piling installs in Caloundra and best part was one day on the piling barge and two young sheilas ripped the tops off their bikinis and jumped up and down in the pool across the canal showing us their white pointers....bliss.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Damn that's always a nice event.

We were on a mates boat in Florida and he had a big ski boat. We were making circles trying to figure out how to ski when this dude pulled up with two chicks on it, eager to show off their tits.

I didn't know until that day that was a thing! Never saw it again, but it was cool.

Posts: 7768 | Location: Das heimat! | Registered: 10 October 2012Reply With Quote
Picture of Bakes
posted Hide Post
A couple of months ago we were in the Atherton Tablelands and we stopped at a water fall and walked to the lookout. Down on the waters edge was a young couple getting it on Big Grin. Young fella looked up at us and I gave him a cheery wave. He got all embarrassed and bent over young lass, she did not see us as....well she was on all fours rotflmo

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gryphon1:
I did quite a few piling installs in Caloundra and best part was one day on the piling barge and two young sheilas ripped the tops off their bikinis and jumped up and down in the pool across the canal showing us their white pointers....bliss.

Remember the Tahr hunt Gryph. Those girls walking around naked and covering themselves in mud.
I remember sitting in the hot pool one evening with 4 or 5 naked girls thinking life could not get much better, and this english girl arrives and gos to hop in."What are you doing!" says one of the other girls. Confused she looks around. The girl in the pool says- " You cant hop in here unless you are naked!"
"oh" says the english chick,and quick as a flash she whips off her bikini and jumps in.

Posts: 4235 | Location: South Island NZ | Registered: 21 July 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of gryphon1
posted Hide Post
Remember? Shit yeah and not one older than 22 years.

Picture of Bakes
posted Hide Post
I was fishing down the gold coast in my little tinny and a HUGE fly bridge cruiser went by. Two chicks and two blokes on the fly bridge. Young lasses had their tops off and were doing a bit of a photo shoot. I got a wave...made an old man very happy that day Big Grin

One of Us
posted Hide Post
The lives of the well to do..

Picture of Bakes
posted Hide Post
Thats exactly what I thought Shanks Big Grin

One of Us
posted Hide Post
A friend of mine was in BUDS training (he never made it) with a social media professional gambler guy (I don't remember his name, but he didn't make it through BUDS to become a Navy SEAL either).

Anyway the two are still friends, his Twitter rich boy life (even in his late 40's now) is pretty amazing. Yachts, and naked models, but the guy has had 4 or 5 heart attacks from all the coke and playboy bunnies.

So maybe it isn't all it is cracked up to be.

I wish I could remember his name.

Well that was easy enough I just googled "millinoaire playboy gambler" and his name was the top search item. Dan Blizarian. I never met him, but I guess he is nuts.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Crazy as hell. But seems to have alot of fun.
Watched him and some of his girls blasting drones out of the sky with rifles. Pointless but hell if you have the inclination...