Tools

Election time
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Nakihunter
posted Hide Post
Shanks

All good points mate.

They how ever do not disprove or negate mine.

Country first. Not me first, business second and country next.

From where I sit and with my experiences, gun rights are a non issue. I can own all the guns I want, shoot all I want and hunt all I want (if I am fit).

Minimum living wage is the most important factor for ALL Kiwis.

I have not touched on White collar crime. ACT has traditionally been light on that. Big business fraud and breaking the rules is an area where ACT could improve a lot. Less government is often an argument used to reduce regulations on big business and economic offenses.

We are all VERY FORTUNATE to live in this great country.

quote:
Originally posted by shankspony:
Im going to throw a couple of policies at you to see if you feel they are elitist.

Tax cuts- earn under 1,5000, tax cut to 10%
under 56,000. tax cut to 17.5%
earn over 70,000 no tax cut- stays at 33%

A doubling of public health funding.

I think you have a fair bit of that wrong. Its easy to confuse right wing with less governance, yet the core value of ACT is freedom across the board. Freedom of speech, Less red tape in how we live. Smaller govt. See the above re low tax for high income earners.
Their right to die law was directly a championing of human rights. as was their support for abortion law reform. Neither of those areas of support are traditional right wing stands. They are also pro immigration and fit your concerns well with them stating that immigrants must accept diversity and freedom of other groups in NZ.

Honestly- I think the colonial heritage- NZ the way it used to be- is a crock of shit!
Its a poor argument. NZ has always been forward focussed. First country in the world to have true democracy in giving everyone the vote. One of the first if not the first to standardise an 8 hour working day.
very high rate of adoption of social policies such as free health care and education. The very reason most of our ancestors moved here was to escape colonial attitudes. And on a personnel note, you do know that my partner and step daughter are immigrants too. My step daughter got an education here before she had a visa because NZ accepts that all children must have an education.

And to finish and bring this back too the subject thats relevant to us. ACT have been the only party in parliament who stood up and recognised that the new firearms laws and they way they were brought in failed in compassion, governance and intent. That they were about scapegoating and moving forward an agenda on the back of a tragedy.

"When the wind stops....start rowing. When the wind starts, get the sail up quick."

Posts: 11006 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 02 July 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
More rubbish from the thoughts of chairman Naki.
I’m not as patient with you as shankspony but once again your ignorance is pronounced.
You refuse to accept the facts about the diversity of ACTs policies.
You refuse to accept the facts shanks has presented about ACTs tax proposals or their human rights position.
Latest census (2018) shows NZ population make up is 70.2% European, 16.5% Maori and the biggest mover 15.1% Asian.
Again Naki, you fail to embrace facts, preferring your own misguided interpretation which you are intent on pursuing at any cost.
Let’s face it, you’re a Labour Party troll.

Posts: 460 | Location: New Zealand, Australia, Zambia | Registered: 25 May 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I know I ain't got a ball in the court but please describe what a "living wage" consists of and who should qualify?

I hear our lefties mention this a lot........

Posts: 41762 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sorry Naki, Ive given you policy and examples straight from acts manifesto. and given examples of proven stances and actions in parliament.
You are dodging those and giving me opinion. Or making accusations without anything to back them up. Give me an ACT policy example which shows they support white collar crime.
Please give me a policy example of their support for an Oligarchy?

quote:
From where I sit and with my experiences, gun rights are a non issue. I can own all the guns I want, shoot all I want and hunt all I want (if I am fit).

Then what does it matter too you? why are you in this debate? For most of us in the firearms community it is an important issue and one worth voting in favour of the guys who, are not only sticking up for firearms owners, but also for hunting as well.
As I have already said, this thread was started on what was relevant to firearms owners.

Posts: 4211 | Location: South Island NZ | Registered: 21 July 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JTEX:
I know I ain't got a ball in the court but please describe what a "living wage" consists of and who should qualify?

I hear our lefties mention this a lot........

On the face of it, is a good idea- its that everyone should earn no less than what it costs on average to live. In NZ its calculated to currently be $21.15 an hour I think. Its an idea and is non binding. The minimum wage that can be payed in NZ is 18.60 an hour, so we are relatively close to it.As an employer, my partner and I choose to pay a living wage for our part time staff.
Where I have an issue with it- is the age which it comes in. 16. Now there are plenty of school students out there that can work damn hard. But also they are, or should be at home and dont require the full support of a living wage....and in my experience any employer who hires students is doing quite a bit of mentoring, training and teaching of life skills to those young people.
Who invariably move on to better things when they get some skills, leave home etc.. which they should do. I'd kind of like to see a youth wage, which recognise that and for the GOVTs part, is very lightly taxed- (that 10% from act works for me) It allows students to keep most of what they earn and maybe incentivises employers to hire young people.

Posts: 4211 | Location: South Island NZ | Registered: 21 July 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of muzza
posted Hide Post
quote:
gun rights are a non issue. I can own all the guns I want, shoot all I want and hunt all I want (if I am fit).

I have stayed out of this discussion because I have attempted to reason with naki in the past and given up as a lost cause. However , sir - if you seriously beleive that statement of yours above will continue unabated after the election should the star of your political eye win again - then you really are in for a big shock.

The gun laws changes imposed upon us are just the beginning. To say you can own all you want is like saying "I dont use those guns so they dont matter ". They do matter , cos its the thin edge of the wedge and the wedge is being driven home by a very big , red mallet. If you really are too dumb to see that then you deserve the shock that you will get .

The rural people and firearms owners of this country have to unite to vote these tyrants out . You are either with us or against us , and its pretty obvious where you stand .

I think Shanks and Ridgeman have been extremely tolerant towards your arguments - I know I wouldnt have .

Old enough to know better

Posts: 4454 | Location: Eltham , New Zealand | Registered: 13 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Nakihunter
posted Hide Post
Shanks

I already said that Policy needs to be backed by actions and behaviour.

In actual debates in Parliament or on Political statements ACT consistently fought financial regulations against Business.

Their Policies are Right Wing.

Their representation is not diverse and their base is mostly Right wing.

I am actually surprised that you are an ACT supporter. I would never have picked that, given your interest in Organic Farming and home made produce etc.

There are old cases of politicians involved in Fraud from various parties. Doug Graham from National was one. Any ACT members?

Let us just agree to disagree mate.

quote:
Sorry Naki, Ive given you policy and examples straight from acts manifesto. and given examples of proven stances and actions in parliament.
You are dodging those and giving me opinion. Or making accusations without anything to back them up. Give me an ACT policy example which shows they support white collar crime.
Please give me a policy example of their support for an Oligarchy?

quote:

Then what does it matter too you? why are you in this debate? For most of us in the firearms community it is an important issue and one worth voting in favour of the guys who, are not only sticking up for firearms owners, but also for hunting as well.
As I have already said, this thread was started on what was relevant to firearms owners.

"When the wind stops....start rowing. When the wind starts, get the sail up quick."

One of Us
posted Hide Post
My goodness! Doug graham was over 20 years ago and never represented ACT. he also never committed fraud in his role as a member of parliament and a quick search on line of his conviction turns up this from the judge.

quote:
On 24 February 2012 he was convicted, along with fellow former Justice Minister Bill Jeffries and two other men, of breaching the Securities Act by making untrue statements to investors in his capacity as a director of Lombard Finance.[6] Justice Robert Dobson wrote, "I am satisfied that the accused genuinely believed in the accuracy and adequacy of the ... documents", but that the offences were ones of strict liability so there was no need for "any form of mental intent to distribute documents that were false or misleading"

Also. To be honest. what does it matter about historic events? The democrats in america once supported slavery. Does that mean they should not be considerd for their current policies now?
Sorry mate but im not letting you get away with your statements, as this is an issue thats important to many of us, and quite honestly, Im tired of the old right wing mantra as a perceived negative.
There is nothing wrong with fighting regulations against business. What were these regulations they fought against, and why were they bad?
Ive given you examples of their positive social stance. Give me negatives.
I support them because I have an open mind and along with TOP, I like a number of their policies and as I get older i realise the absolute harm that is coming from over governance- especially around issues of political dogma.
Hell you are supporting a leader who is refusing to discuss policy... at election time.

posted Hide Post
In a true democracy there should be a contest and debate of ideas from all sides. This government has refused to front or talk on anything that isn't going their way, the media just accept this also, and all this from the most open and transparent government ever? We all should be concerned with the way this government is treating and the democratic process.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
The guns laws summed up quite well.

https://dilbert.com/strip/2020-08-05

One of Us
Picture of wazza56
posted Hide Post
I see they are advertising for people to manage covid hotels for the next 2 years so thats full lock down still with no actual plan as to the way forward except for a vaccine when even the WHO is now saying don't bank on that one, going to be in a sad state in 2 years, NZ has only FF&T farming forestry and tourism, world in recession the first one suffers and the last one has pretty much stopped, so the cure could be worse than the disease. Would be good to see where the NZ average death rate stands now or the projected death rate due to full shutdown and undiagnosed ailment deaths a few years down the track.

keep your barrell clean and your powder dry

Posts: 383 | Location: NW West Australia / Onepoto NZ | Registered: 09 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Nakihunter
posted Hide Post
Shanks

I've given you facts that do not fit your views. ACT is a Right Wing Party with elitist views. I do not think YOU personally are elitist or Right wing as I have known you for 4 years. BUT ACT is.

The Democratic Party of the 1860s to 1950s exchanged platforms with the Republicans. That is why it is the Republicans who use the Confederate flag and object to Human Rights issues for African Americans today. That is why Republican party gets the support of neo Nazis today. That is why the Republican party is backed by Alt right groups like QAnon & Britebart.

Jacinda Ardern may not be releasing her Policy for the elections yet. BUT that is just a tactical move. With close to 55% approval all she has to do is ride the wave. Why would she give out a policy that will be attacked irrespective of merit? That only changes the debate and news cycle. She gains nothing from releasing a policy right now. She can just coast along with current success and say as little as possible. She can just say "Proof of the pudding. Do you want more?" THAT is her Policy statement!

That is just politics and a game of Chess.

What you call political dogma may be just simple reality of day to day existence for 90% of people. That is once again politics.

Very few of the bottom 50% of society are going to enter politics or be successful. But they still look for a party that fits (perceived) their interests as closely as possible.

I repeat this point - actual behaviour and actual track record matter. Most of ACT leaders have a long history of NZ politics before ACT. I do not know of a single current ACT leader who has a track record of working for the working class interests, not in the last 20 years.

I know you keep brushing my points aside.

Why did current ACT members even consider Don Brash in the first place? That is behaviour, showing their true values, vision and interest for the country.

These are FACTS and not just my opinion.

On the other hand Policy statements are just hot air. They mean NOTHING. They have no tangible impact on our day to day lives unless they are implemented.

POLICY STATEMENTS ARE JUST ADVERTISEMENTS.

I would rather look at concrete evidence of actual performance and actual results than at Policy advertisements that do not reflect actual behaviour and results from that party.

I am done with this debate mate. No offense meant. Best wishes to the family.

One of Us
Picture of muzza
posted Hide Post
Interestingly none of ACTs candidates have been members of the NZ Communist Party - but your idol has - was its leader for a while .

If that isnt enough to scare you then being Helen Clarks puppet mouthpiece should be sufficient to make you look elsewhere.

Posts: 4454 | Location: Eltham , New Zealand | Registered: 13 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Nakihunter
posted Hide Post
Muzza

First thing - respect please.

If you want to start a fight please look else where.

quote:
Originally posted by muzza:
Interestingly none of ACTs candidates have been members of the NZ Communist Party - but your idol has - was its leader for a while .

If that isnt enough to scare you then being Helen Clarks puppet mouthpiece should be sufficient to make you look elsewhere.

One of Us
Picture of muzza
posted Hide Post
If I wanted to engage in yet another endless debate with you , sir , I would have been here earlier.

I bring your attention back to the situation where our unelected prime minister in a previous life was the leader of the NZ Communist Party. Your fobbing that off is just another of your ways of turning the discussion to suit your narrative . You cant refute it - its fact.

Respect is something that takes a long time to build and seconds to destroy.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nakihunter:
Shanks

I've given you facts that do not fit your views. ACT is a Right Wing Party with elitist views. I do not think YOU personally are elitist or Right wing as I have known you for 4 years. BUT ACT is.

The Democratic Party of the 1860s to 1950s exchanged platforms with the Republicans. That is why it is the Republicans who use the Confederate flag and object to Human Rights issues for African Americans today. That is why Republican party gets the support of neo Nazis today. That is why the Republican party is backed by Alt right groups like QAnon & Britebart.

Jacinda Ardern may not be releasing her Policy for the elections yet. BUT that is just a tactical move. With close to 55% approval all she has to do is ride the wave. Why would she give out a policy that will be attacked irrespective of merit? That only changes the debate and news cycle. She gains nothing from releasing a policy right now. She can just coast along with current success and say as little as possible. She can just say "Proof of the pudding. Do you want more?" THAT is her Policy statement!

That is just politics and a game of Chess.

What you call political dogma may be just simple reality of day to day existence for 90% of people. That is once again politics.

Very few of the bottom 50% of society are going to enter politics or be successful. But they still look for a party that fits (perceived) their interests as closely as possible.

I repeat this point - actual behaviour and actual track record matter. Most of ACT leaders have a long history of NZ politics before ACT. I do not know of a single current ACT leader who has a track record of working for the working class interests, not in the last 20 years.

I know you keep brushing my points aside.

Why did current ACT members even consider Don Brash in the first place? That is behaviour, showing their true values, vision and interest for the country.

These are FACTS and not just my opinion.

On the other hand Policy statements are just hot air. They mean NOTHING. They have no tangible impact on our day to day lives unless they are implemented.

POLICY STATEMENTS ARE JUST ADVERTISEMENTS.

I would rather look at concrete evidence of actual performance and actual results than at Policy advertisements that do not reflect actual behaviour and results from that party.

I am done with this debate mate. No offense meant. Best wishes to the family.

Big Grin
SO the Democrats are allowed to change direction and move forward- But Act is forever tarred By Don Brash... Eeker And read your history on that issue. Brash was effectively a hostile take over,(Brash joined the party in the morning, Hide resigned at the board meeting, and Brash was elected the same day he joined.) The decision never went to party members, and the membership you blame walked away from the party at the election because of it. Proving your point incorrect.
Your "Facts" have been mostly provably incorrect.And while we are talking about brushing things aside.
You have not answered my questions on your statements. Or backed them up with any kind of proof.
Heres your "facts"
quote:
1. Far Right politics
2. Pro super rich with no minimum living wage laws
3. Claims entitlement for economic advantage without paying for the consequences that the rest of society faces
4. Wants lions share of profits but not equal share of costs - particularly environmental and social costs
5. The average common citizen has to work for below minimum wage so that the "market can determine" their high profits and wealth
6. No oversight or legal consequences for White collar (financial) crimes
7. Segregation of society based on economic and ethnic identity
8. Criminal oligarchy with dismantling of basic democratic institutions that protect the whole society
9. Government of the people by a few and for a few
10. New Zealand will be sold to anyone through back room deals.

Please show me evidence of either policy or actions from current act party members that backs up these claims. Especially numbers 3,4,5,6,7... Really? 8 Still waiting on this one. and finally 10.
Please, I can use google- just point me at corroborating evidence for your claims, I'm happy to do the research myself.

Right next point.
quote:
I repeat this point - actual behaviour and actual track record matter. Most of ACT leaders have a long history of NZ politics before ACT.

Wrong! There have been six leaders of ACT- fully half have only ever been ACT candidates. Rodney Hide, Jamie Whyte and David Seymour. Of the other 3, Brash was from National which you make a big thing about, but Both Roger Douglas and Richard Prebble came from Labour and indeed ACT was founded by Douglas out of labour.
its an even less credible claim when you consider because ACT came out of dissatisfaction within Labour, the first two leaders had to have been ex Labour MP's as thats where the party was formed. From that point on only one leader had anything to do with another party.

Social conscience- The right to choice law, Support for the abortion law, and Support for the civil unions law.

Working for working class- Long term and continued advocacy for a lowering of tax for those on low incomes. Increased health expenditure.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Again, more ignorant baseless dribble from our resident Labour troll.
Pointless even trying to get him to acquaint himself with the facts .

Posts: 460 | Location: New Zealand, Australia, Zambia | Registered: 25 May 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wazza56:
I see they are advertising for people to manage covid hotels for the next 2 years so thats full lock down still with no actual plan as to the way forward except for a vaccine when even the WHO is now saying don't bank on that one, going to be in a sad state in 2 years, NZ has only FF&T farming forestry and tourism, world in recession the first one suffers and the last one has pretty much stopped, so the cure could be worse than the disease. Would be good to see where the NZ average death rate stands now or the projected death rate due to full shutdown and undiagnosed ailment deaths a few years down the track.

Worrying times all right. At this stage I agree with the course we have started on, but I worry this Govt is not showing much leadership or idea on where we are heading.
As a farmer We on my farm are battening down the hatches and preparing-but short term our earnings have gone up and strangely its mostly because the Chinese public are putting added value on our products while their timber industry has ramped back up again too. As an organic dairy farmer, Ill get a record high payment for my milk this year. But Ive taken on a second job and started a new business which while doing ok now, has been heavily affected, and may well be further affected as the money in our economy drys up. Im looking at every option to turn a trick right now- even taken up some hunting guiding.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ridgeman:
Again, more ignorant baseless dribble from our resident Labour troll.
Pointless even trying to get him to acquaint himself with the facts .

Maybe, but I think its valuable to reply with facts so other readers can make an informed decision.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
If I wanted to engage in yet another endless debate with you , sir , I would have been here earlier.

I bring your attention back to the situation where our unelected prime minister in a previous life was the leader of the NZ Communist Party. Your fobbing that off is just another of your ways of turning the discussion to suit your narrative . You cant refute it - its fact.

Respect is something that takes a long time to build and seconds to destroy.

Yep, important to realise its not a historical issue, not some past leader, but our current one speaking here.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g9rsxFaq6Ig

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

Your expert on the USA is sadly wrong, and a bit deranged.....

Posts: 41762 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Frostbit
posted Hide Post
Is this actually happening?

2015 His & Her Leopards with Derek Littleton of Luwire Safaris - http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/2971090112
2015 Trophy Bull Elephant with CMS http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/1651069012
DIY Brooks Range Sheep Hunt 2013 - http://forums.accuratereloadin...901038191#9901038191
Zambia June/July 2012 with Andrew Baldry - Royal Kafue http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/7971064771
Zambia Sept 2010- Muchinga Safaris http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/4211096141
Namibia Sept 2010 - ARUB Safaris http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/6781076141

Posts: 7572 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 05 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of wazza56
posted Hide Post
yes it is

Posts: 383 | Location: NW West Australia / Onepoto NZ | Registered: 09 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Frostbit
posted Hide Post
quote:
yes it is

Are folks supportive of this?

2015 His & Her Leopards with Derek Littleton of Luwire Safaris - http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/2971090112
2015 Trophy Bull Elephant with CMS http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/1651069012
DIY Brooks Range Sheep Hunt 2013 - http://forums.accuratereloadin...901038191#9901038191
Zambia June/July 2012 with Andrew Baldry - Royal Kafue http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/7971064771
Zambia Sept 2010- Muchinga Safaris http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/4211096141
Namibia Sept 2010 - ARUB Safaris http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/6781076141

Posts: 7572 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 05 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of muzza
posted Hide Post
How do you resist that action ?

Nobody wants to be arrested and jailed , and the Police arent going to come to your assistance so you just have to suck it up and comply

One of Us
Picture of wazza56
posted Hide Post
Muzza is pretty much right, NZ had a similar lock down, borders here will remain closed until the golden bullet is found I may be dead of old age by then, nobody has any plan as to where to go from here except lock downs

One of Us
Picture of muzza
posted Hide Post
And - back into lock-down we go.

The cynic in me suggest that the whole country will progressively go back to full lock-down , just in time to avoid the election.Cant hold an election if you arent allowed out to vote - can we?

See what happens when the pm gives herself uncontrolled powers and a private police force to maintain that power? I think the word is Dictatership...

One of Us
posted Hide Post
As much as I don't like her, I don't see that. They were by all accounts cruising towards being able to govern alone. If anything they would have moved election forward. This is not a good move for them as its going to create frustration and animosity in their biggest electorate.

One of Us
Picture of Nakihunter
posted Hide Post
During World War 2, and some other wars, the country had lock down of various degrees.

Night time curfew was strict. Lights out and black out was serious. I remember as a kid in India in 1963 China & 1965 Pakistan wars - we had Black outs and curfew.

Did the people like it, definitely not. Did they comply - absolutely.

COVID Pandemic is no different to a war emergency. The difference is that the enemy is invisible.

This is the time to be unites as people around the world and support each other. This is not the time to create more friction and stress.

Personally I am very concerned and quite upset to hear that an older cousin in her 70s has tested positive yesterday in India and in hospital. She was infected by a lady who came in daily to help with cooking & chores. She is the eldest cousin in the family.

This gets VERY PERSONAL for some of us.

quote:
Originally posted
by Frostbit:
quote:
yes it is

Are folks supportive of this?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
How do you resist that action ?

Nobody wants to be arrested and jailed , and the Police arent going to come to your assistance so you just have to suck it up and comply

And despite all the police commissioners threats, I see the court has ruled the first 9 days of lockdown illegal.... Prime minister not fronting the media today to explain that one..

One of Us
Picture of Nakihunter
posted Hide Post
Thing got more personal on two fronts last week.

My SIL and her husband are doctors in South Sudan. He fell ill with cough and fever. It was a big concern as they had one Covid patient admitted in their small hospital against all instructions ( a staff member failed to follow protocol). Fortunately my BIL has tested negative. They have no ventilator and little oxygen.

We were very upset and concerned as a family for a few days.

Then the Rotorua school trip happened. My son's class group was involved. again it was very stressful. Fortunately all are clear.

In India my cousin is off ventilator.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
The end result of the election was that the Act Party went from one Member of parliament, to 10!
One of whom is Nicole McKee, a specialist firearms representative.
I though some of you guys might be interested in her maiden speech to parliament. The whole thing is interesting, but the firearms part starts at 8.58

https://ondemand.parliament.nz...emand/?itemId=215823

One of Us
Picture of gryphon1
posted Hide Post
Meanwhile Jacinda was bathing in the White Island memorial.

Posts: 87 | Location: Victoria Australia | Registered: 07 September 2002

One of Us
posted Hide Post
She uses dead people well.

one of us
Picture of TOP_PREDATOR
posted Hide Post
quote:
She uses dead people well.

And her partner uses the Nanny sofa

"Never in the field of human conflict
was so much owed by so many to so few." Sir Winston Churchill

Posts: 1870 | Location: Throughout the British Empire | Registered: 08 October 2004Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
quote:

Minimum living wage is the most important factor for ALL Kiwis.

I have not touched on White collar crime. ACT has traditionally been light on that. Big business fraud and breaking the rules is an area where ACT could improve a lot. Less government is often an argument used to reduce regulations on big business and economic offenses.

We are all VERY FORTUNATE to live in this great country.

The days of "owning all the guns I want" are swiftly coming to an end.

Registration will be the first step in making firearms ownership increasingly difficult and expensive in equal measure.

The idea of an independant agencey overseeing firearms licencing will be an inviation to create a profit making entity which will be able to raise the literal price of gun ownership to what ever level it wishes.Its users are bound to it or to become criminals.

I expect a yearly "admin fee" per firearm to be added to the mix ,after an acceptable number have been registered to ensure the costs can be covered by the data base and a profit turned.

This organisation would operate with "strong Police oversight" which really translates into employment opportunities for broken or disinterested former Police officers to continue to feel important.

I live in Norway, a country that has had a firearms registry since the 1960s.The system is broken,they admit to having lost about 70,000 guns.

Thats just the number they admit to or the number that someone can prove.The Police employ retired Cops and only retired Cops to try and track down these Guns.Using incomplete or incorrect data.

I for example went home to NZ,decided to leave the gun there.Came back and informed the Cops,they refused to beleive me,refused to deregister the Gun from my licence,threatened me with 5 years in jail ,refused a signed statement from a QC in New Zealand that he had sighted the Gun and confirmed the serial number thus establishing the gun was abroad.

Then it all went quiet when I requested their office address so I could reimport it and have them open the box.

You guys have all this fuckkery to look forward to.

Posts: 4 | Location: Bergen | Registered: 19 December 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yep, we are all ready getting a stupid pointless system that the police can not keep up with at the moment. 10,000 licence applications they are behind by.
And all because they did not do the job properly with the system they had to start with.

posted Hide Post
True.

Here the Police's latest push is for tighter controls as "they cannot guarantee that a firearm is not present at any address,even if our records state no one there has a gun licence".

You can't make this shit up.

Posts: 4 | Location: Bergen | Registered: 19 December 2011Reply With Quote