New
Find
Notify
Tools

Merry Christmas everyone
 Login/Join

Picture of Bakes
posted
Well its been a crazy shit year again. Hope everyone has a great Christmas and a better new year.

------------------------------
A mate of mine has just told me he's shagging his girlfriend and her twin. I said "How can you tell them apart?" He said "Her brother's got a moustache!"

Posts: 7966 | Location: Bloody Queensland where every thing is 20 years behind the rest of Australia! | Registered: 25 January 2001Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
Merry Christmas and a Very Happy, Health, and Prosperous New Year to all our members.

Even those living upside down, and way ahead of us in time clap

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 66867 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
Picture of Bakes
posted Hide Post
I'm at home in QLD at the moment, spending Christmas with my little grandson Sam. Going to be a great day.

------------------------------
A mate of mine has just told me he's shagging his girlfriend and her twin. I said "How can you tell them apart?" He said "Her brother's got a moustache!"

Posts: 7966 | Location: Bloody Queensland where every thing is 20 years behind the rest of Australia! | Registered: 25 January 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yep you guys have a great one!

Just finished putting 10kg of Biltong in the drier in preparation for the the coming summers evenings and a few beers.

Posts: 4222 | Location: South Island NZ | Registered: 21 July 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Bakes
posted 24 December 2021 08:47
Well its been a crazy shit year again. Hope everyone has a great Christmas and a better new year.

Thankyou, and hoping you also have a great Christmas with your family.
Yes, it would be nice to get past all the crazy shit in the world and see the restoration of more cordial relations.
At least all the Anzacs on here seem to get along nicely.

Hunting.... it's not everything, it's the only thing.

Posts: 2004 | Location: New Zealand's North Island | Registered: 13 November 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Merry Christmas to All Down Under and a Happy New Year. May it settle down to a dull roar!

Guns and hunting

Posts: 1096 | Registered: 07 February 2017Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
quote:
Merry Christmas to All Down Under and a Happy New Year.

+1

One of Us
Picture of gryphon1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Just finished putting 10kg of Biltong in the drier

What will that weigh when dehydrated shanks?

Posts: 87 | Location: Victoria Australia | Registered: 07 September 2002

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Merry Christmas to all down under. By all appearances it seems NZ and AU may not open to tourist in 2022. My hopes to return may be dashed for the time being. Oh well, it is what it is.
Please have a safe Christmas, hold your families close and enjoy life. MTG

Posts: 241 | Location: NW Montana | Registered: 22 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gryphon1:
quote:
Just finished putting 10kg of Biltong in the drier

What will that weigh when dehydrated shanks?

About 4kg I think. Ive never really bothered with weighing, just go by feel and how hard it is to cut.

Posts: 4222 | Location: South Island NZ | Registered: 21 July 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of gryphon1
posted Hide Post
Not like another mate of mine,I don`t do "scrabble tile" jerky,mine is ready when its still got a soft texture. There is also a better percentage of salvage after the dehydrating I reckon.

Posts: 87 | Location: Victoria Australia | Registered: 07 September 2002

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Not that I am now, but we were selling it commercially. It had to be pretty well dried to pass the safety standards.

One of Us
Picture of muzza
posted Hide Post
Do you use a lot of coriander, Shanks? The saffas use a lot of it and it gets abit over-powering for my taste .

Old enough to know better

Posts: 4455 | Location: Eltham , New Zealand | Registered: 13 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Well I must admit I do because I like it. But there are plenty of other recipes that dont use so much. Hendrik actually has a good one that dosn't use coriander from memory.