Find
Notify
Tools

Range Bag?
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of richj
posted
I've been using a Galati Classic range bag for years, I have one for cameras and one for the range. Sometime I use a separate bag for ammo. With 2 bags it makes it easier to pack. We usually have 2 or 3 people in the car so room is a bit of a concern

Long story short, yesterday I wound up with a Craftsman Pro tool box. It's 26"+ long and will hold my tripod.

Anyone else use a hard box for the range.

Posts: 6361 | Location: NY, NY | Registered: 28 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
I have purchased a couple of range bags lately that I like. One is the Bulldog Deluxe X-Large Range Bag and the other is the Voodoo Tactical Scorpion. Both were purchased at Sportsman's Warehouse.

one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
Rich, I use a large, open tray somewhat like the toolboxes of old. I am not particularly thrilled with it, but it does the job.

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16306 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
At 74 years of age, I try to get my son to go to the range with me. It’s tough toting my range bag, sandbags, ammo, target stands and rifles up the steps to the firing line.

Seriously, a decent range bag that is efficiently packed makes a trip more pleasant and two bags are often easier to carry than one.

Shoot Safe,
Mike

NRA Endowment Member
www.Marionroad.com
www.mausercentral.net

Posts: 934 | Location: Middle Georgia | Registered: 06 February 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
A lot of guys where I shoot use collapsible canvas wagons! They seem to like them.
Also a lot use tool bags from Home Depot and one guy had hard tool box(es) that were attached to a hand truck type thingy that was stackable, again Home Depot.

Hip

Posts: 1796 | Location: Long Island, New York | Registered: 04 January 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
Along with the range bags that I mentioned above, I tote my stuff in a collapsible rolling crate that you can buy at Walmart, Staples or other places. Two wheels, a fold out box and the long double collapsible tubular handle. Big Grin I then pull my rifles in a tuff pak with the other hand. Big Grin The wagon would work as well.