Tools

Equipment list for new World Record
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
mstinnett
mstinnett is offline Registered User

Equipment Listing

Several have asked so here is my equipment listing - no Pics as the targets have not been returned yet.

The hardware build actually started in 2008 with the goal of building two identical Benchrest rifles which could be used for both group and score. The idea was to shoot 6PPC and a 30 Cal without a base rifle change.

Hardware Description:
Action: Kelby Panda “Speedy Shorty” with Solid Bolt – PPC Bold Face. Kelby was asked to build several actions which were identical with the intent to eliminate any variance in head space between the two new rifles. This helped me use a single setup on sizing dies for both rifles and ammo is interchangeable. Both actions were sent to “SPEEDY” to be blue printed along with new Jewell Triggers which were matched to the actions.

Stock: Larson (including action bedding).

Barrels: Krieger was selected for the barrels and after discussions with Randy Robinett (BIB Bullets) a 17 twist was identified as the correct safe solution. Ralph Stewart has cut all my chambers using a custom designed reamer. Again the concern was consistent headspace and Ralph has been able to keep my barrels within .0002 variance.

Scope: Leopold 45X Competition

Rings: Kelby Single Screw Tall.

Flags: Graham Wind Flags (large).

Tuner: Ralph Stewart

Front Rest: Farley

Bags: Micro Fiber

Brass: Lapua (Base case is 6.5 Grendel)

Bullets: Randy Robinett (BIB) 30 Cal. 114gr. 10 Ogive (my secondary – primary is 112 gr.)

Powder: H4198 – Weight?? (You can’t that that much in a 30PPC!) Velocity – 2980 FPS

Reamer: 30 STEWART (I just call it a 30PPC as that is what everyone expects, but it is in fact a custom design and Ralph deserves about 99% of the credit).

Dies: Sizing – Hornady Custom Shot / Seating - Ralph Stewart Custom

Posts: 8959 | Location: Poetry, Texas | Registered: 28 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
How much blue printing is need on those actions?

Posts: 1284 | Location: N.J | Registered: 16 October 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I think somebody was drinking Speedy's Koolaid.

Posts: 8959 | Location: Poetry, Texas | Registered: 28 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
rotflmo

Posts: 1284 | Location: N.J | Registered: 16 October 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
If Speedy can get customers to buy the need to "accurize" Stolle actions or Jewell triggers...

I guess it really does take all kinds.

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote