Find
Notify
Tools

Gilkes action
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Mississippian
posted
Anyone familiar with the Gilkes action? A friend of mine, with whom I shot 1k yard benchrest (heavy gun) in the early 2000s, has a rifle built on a large Gilkes action. It was my understanding that a small number were made when manufacturing was discontinued and focus was placed on the smaller Gilkes action. I will try to get more details and pictures asap. In a nutshell, my friend has offered to sell me his entire setup. I would like to hear from anyone that is familiar with the action. Goggle has produced little info.
Thank you!

Double Rifle Shooters Society

Posts: 1094 | Location: Yazoo City, Mississippi | Registered: 25 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Google Gilkes-Ross. That should get you more info.

Posts: 192 | Location: USA | Registered: 29 January 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Very interesting rifle system.

Interesting article here:
https://www.6mmbr.com/gunweek035.html

Posts: 3059 | Location: NW Arkansas | Registered: 19 December 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I've got 2 of the Aluminum and one of the steel actions. Met both Tony and Mike. Feel free contact me if you would like more info.

John Holliger

Posts: 537 | Location: illinois | Registered: 03 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Mississippian
posted Hide Post

Posts: 1094 | Location: Yazoo City, Mississippi | Registered: 25 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Mississippian
posted Hide Post