New
Find
Notify
Tools

How much do you pay to shoot
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted Hide Post
$50 yearly membership. Members shoot for free.

http://redwoodgunclub.org/

Posts: 8169 | Location: humboldt | Registered: 10 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Our club has 6 ranges out to 300 meters. That's 150 per year, family memebers are added for a couple bucks each.

My own range is 800 yards, has no rules that I didn't make. (only one so far is that if something seems retarded don't do it). I turn a small profit on it year to year; and land prices have tripled since I bought the place. Its like getting paid to shoot. Big Grin

Posts: 1928 | Location: Saskatchewan, Canada | Registered: 30 November 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
At my club range we have target positions for 100m, 200m and 300m as well as 50ft, 25yd and 50yd for pistol and Rimfire.

There is ongoing discussion about adding trap and skeet fields

The club owns sufficient property that there is deer hunting on club property and in the fall they stock pheasants for hunting.

Club membership is $35 a year.

Best thing of all If I'm standing out on the road at my rural mailbox the shooting benches are only a few feet further than the distance back to my house...

I live on "Gun Club Road" there is one house between my driveway and the entrance to the club range parking lot...

So it's not like it's a long trip home if I get to the range and realize I've forgotten my stapler or hearing protection...

If I provoke you into thinking then I've done my good deed for the day!
Those who manage to provoke themselves into other activities have only themselves to blame.

*We Band of 45-70er's*

35 year Life Member of the NRA

NRA Life Member since 1984

Posts: 4601 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: 21 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of hdxr750
posted Hide Post
I'm at $50.00 per year. Private range.

NRA Life Member
From West Virginia, where the Sun shines in the sky
and the Moon shines in the basement

Posts: 175 | Location: Wheeling, WV | Registered: 03 January 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
$20 a year to shoot to 500 as much as I want anytime/any day...1000 only at matches, $25 per match, varies..

one of us
posted Hide Post
Phoenix Rod and Gun club is within the city limits of Phoenix; we can shoot out to 500 yards. Great setup for rifle and pistol, but shotgun is a little lacking - only two mechanical throwers. I paid $400 for a five year membership three years ago. Can shoot from 7 am to sundown almost every day (they have a few matches where the entire place is closed). Drive is 10-15 from my house.

If I want to shoot past 500, which I do at least once a week, I head out to the desert where I can shoot as far as I want. Drive is about 40 minutes. Only cost is time and gas money.

Don't Ever Book a Hunt with Jeff Blair
http://forums.accuratereloadin...821061151#2821061151

Posts: 7570 | Location: Arizona and off grid in CO | Registered: 28 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Local range providing 25, 50, 100, and 200yd targets some 10 miles from my home and annual dues are $75.00/yr. Want long range belong to WV Rifle Pistol Club and there it goes to 1000yds, life member but pay match fees as per given match at the time. WV Clays for trap and skeet some 20 miles away and $75/yr plus as member each round of trap/skeet is $5.00

Posts: 1050 | Location: S.Charleston, WV | Registered: 18 June 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of cal pappas
posted Hide Post
The local range in Talkeetna, Alaska is $30 or $40 per year plus $5 each time one shoots. I live only a few miles away. I shoot nearly every day in the summer and once a week in the winter (from my heated shooting shed) it is not worth the time and expense to go tothe range so I shoot in my front yard's 50 yard range. With open sighted double rifles, it is a fine distance.
Cal

Cal Pappas, Willow, Alaska
www.CalPappas.com
www.CalPappas.blogspot.com
1994 Zimbabwe
1997 Zimbabwe
1998 Zimbabwe
1999 Zimbabwe
1999 Namibia, Botswana, Zambia--vacation
2000 Australia
2002 South Africa
2003 South Africa
2003 Zimbabwe
2005 South Africa
2005 Zimbabwe
2006 Tanzania
2006 Zimbabwe--vacation
2007 Zimbabwe--vacation
2008 Zimbabwe
2012 Australia
2013 South Africa
2013 Zimbabwe
2013 Australia
2016 Zimbabwe
2017 Zimbabwe
2018 South Africa
2018 Zimbabwe--vacation
2019 South Africa
2019 Botswana
2019 Zimbabwe vacation
2021 South Africa
2021 South Africa (2nd hunt a month later)

Posts: 7281 | Location: Willow, Alaska | Registered: 29 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Annually about $3,600 in school taxes and $2,500 for property taxes to the township. (20 acres).

Posts: 66 | Location: Port Crane, NY | Registered: 11 February 2018Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Rifle/Pistol range: $400/year membership. 100yds/50yds/25yds. I believe it's still the only range shut down by gov't that has re-opened, but had to do over $1M of bldg over 9 year shut down to make the range "no blue sky" and had to shut down the 200 yd range.

Shotgun range: public. Pay per round of skeet, trap, sporting clays.

Posts: 1720 | Location: Maryland | Registered: 17 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Paying to shoot Eeker that sucks! 3 miles from my place we have a local range set up, marked every 100 yards with a place for targets, out to 800 yards. We can shoot past 1,000 yards. Usually I set my steel targets at whatever distance I'm shooting at the time.

Posts: 574 | Location: Utah | Registered: 30 January 2013Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
My club is $50 per year plus a $50 range use fee. The club is 625 acres with 25 deer stands, a pond, outdoor theater, archery range, 400+ acres of timber, a mile of river frontage, boat landing, campground, six covered picnic tables, fire pit, 900 sq ft clubhouse with kitchen, 2 baths and conference room, six 100 yd bench rest positions, six pistol positions at 15 and 25 yds, action pistol pit with reactive and moving targets, Sporting Clays range, and trap/skeet range. Best deal I ever found.

Posts: 3652 | Location: SC,USA | Registered: 07 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The range I belong to costs me $180.00 per year. Members range has target stands out to 300 yards and has 3 different bays. One bay for benchrest type shooting, one bay for hunting style rifles and one bay for off-hand shooting for the High Power guys. 18 covered concrete benches. The public area has target frames out to 100 yards for rifles. 15 wood top benches and 3 concrete benches.
The pistol range has target stands out to 50 yards with duel targets that turn for time fire relays. It has 2 archery ranges and one of the ranges is set up for Olympic style shooting and there is a "walk through the woods 3D range with a number of different artificial animals to shoot at. The shotgun range has handicapped trap, continental trap and a 5 stand. Also a patterning area for members. The small bore guys and gals have an indoor range which they also use for rim-firm pistol matches. There is a small bore range for rimfire rifle that is still under construction. Did I mention that the range is about 5 minutes from my house? Been a member for 20 years now.

The only easy day is yesterday!

Posts: 2757 | Location: Northern Minnesota | Registered: 22 September 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
Our county-run range just outside the little village of La Luz with rifle targets to 300 yards is $5 per day or $50 per year.

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16305 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Our Terrell Pistol and rifle range charges $125. per year. I'm old and am now shooting for free. I still donate my $125 to the club. We have a very nice shotgun range for trap, skeet, and sporting clays. Shotgun has a very nice clubhouse and the clay machines are pallet loaded and remotely operated. We have a large pistol range. We also have 25, 50, 100, and 200yd ranges with benches. We also have a clubhouse behind the firing range.
A real bargain about 15 minutes from the house.

Posts: 8959 | Location: Poetry, Texas | Registered: 28 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by skl1:
Rifle/Pistol range: $400/year membership. 100yds/50yds/25yds. I believe it's still the only range shut down by gov't that has re-opened, but had to do over $1M of bldg over 9 year shut down to make the range "no blue sky" and had to shut down the 200 yd range.

Shotgun range: public. Pay per round of skeet, trap, sporting clays.

This is the kind of crap we have here.Ours is much worst.Here(Queerbec) it is illegal to buy sell flavoured cigars and it gets worst by the day.We have government representatives that will make Hillary look like a conservative.

Posts: 11651 | Location: Montreal | Registered: 07 November 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
If you consider the property taxes I pay for the ground my range is on it might be cheaper to go to a club.

But then I can step out the door shoot any thing I want any way I want any time I want with anybody I want.

Posts: 19313 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
A LGS in Buffalo Texas owns and operates a range a Oakwood. Pistol, Rifle out to 200. Fee is $65/yr. family membership for seniors. I usually do load workup at the house then shoot other stuff at the range. The range also has a small bore range allocated for 4H small bore competition only. it's fun to watch the kids shoot three position.

Posts: 1111 | Location: Blooming Grove, Tx. | Registered: 28 June 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
I shoot on my own property. I have/had concrete bench's in the valley @ 25yd inc, up to 100 yds. firing into a concrete pillbox w/ targets etc.Super safe.Now some goober from the city moves in on the adjoining property + builds a house right behind my backstop.O.K. I will be a good neighbor + move my range 180 degrees + put in a stock tank where the old backstop had been.I'm still in a valley.Well,some new owner woman on the (180) side put up a horse barn. Getting the picture?Anyway I stopped using the valley (kinda) but brought up round bales + 45 deg. reflecting steel behind along with the additional 5 acres I bought behind the burm that is solid woods.Also the plus is that I can now do work up loads w/o having to close up the shop.I have had several A.R. members come out here to shoot for free.As long as no one does damage to the neighbors I am pretty open. I will also mention that right down the road from me on HWY 29 between Liberty Hill + Bertram there is a range called "Best Of The West". I have not shot there but have been told that they have ranges out to 1000 yds.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
never been to BEST OF THE WEST either but considered it last year. they have a hellva site on the net.

Posts: 1532 | Location: south of austin texas | Registered: 25 November 2011Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Pa.Frank
posted Hide Post
$165 annually at my club for a membership.

10 ranges, Blackpowder, Highpower, Smallbore, Pistol, airgun range, airgun field course, trap, skeet, archery range and archery field course... heated /AC clubhouse with indoor plumbing and a snack bar.
Open everyday from 9am till sunset except Good Friday and any day of National mourning.

Been a member there since 1968 or 69

NRA Benefactor.

Life is tough... It's even tougher when you're stupid... John Wayne

Posts: 1957 | Location: The Three Lower Counties (Delaware USA) | Registered: 13 September 2001Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Hello, old thread.
I never post here but this is kind of a hot topic for me. I enjoy and appreciate this site.
I live in Houston Tx and I have been to the American Shooting Center many times and had a good time, though expensive - over $20.00 per gun but they have a 600 yd range so I thought it was worth it.
In May a friend came in town to have his annual cancer checkup, I didn't feel like shooting but brought my friend to the range to shoot his 338 and was told that for me to watch him shoot is the same price for me +$20.00.
I thought this was ridiculous so we left and I wrote this range off.
I have also never agreed that ranges charge per gun - I can only shoot 1 gun at the time.

Thanks
David

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by donnieol:
Hello, old thread.
I never post here but this is kind of a hot topic for me. I enjoy and appreciate this site.
I live in Houston Tx and I have been to the American Shooting Center many times and had a good time, though expensive - over $20.00 per gun but they have a 600 yd range so I thought it was worth it.
In May a friend came in town to have his annual cancer checkup, I didn't feel like shooting but brought my friend to the range to shoot his 338 and was told that for me to watch him shoot is the same price for me +$20.00.
I thought this was ridiculous so we left and I wrote this range off.
I have also never agreed that ranges charge per gun - I can only shoot 1 gun at the time.

Thanks
David

I shot my first BR match there many many years ago. After 2 or 3 years they ran us off.

Posts: 8959 | Location: Poetry, Texas | Registered: 28 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I sometimes go to a free range, 25, 50, and 100yds all with covered concrete benches and seats.

Another range is a little further. It costs $10.00 a vehicle and has 25, 100, 200, 300 yds for targets and gongs at 400, 500, 600, and 1000yds. All but the 1000yd range has covered benches with adjustable seats. It also has a pistol range, an archery range, a shotgun patterning station, and a trap range.

Closer to home there is an indoor 25 yd range. You can shoot pistols or any rifle up to 50 cal but no solids or tracers. $25. a visit.

BH63

Hunting buff is better than sex!

Posts: 2205 | Registered: 29 December 2015Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
We have our own hand gun , rifle and trap range, also deer, turkey, dove and varmint hunting, so what ever the property taxes are.

Paul K

Take Trophies - Leave Brass

Posts: 655 | Location: Ohio | Registered: 22 January 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have access to a range on private land where it's possible to shoot out to 800 or even 900 yds. Generally the longest distance I shoot at is 400 yds.
This range has existed for many years. Possibly set up originally during WW 2 for use by some branch of the armed forces then later improved a bit for guys shooting NRA disciplines. One club uses the range fornightly during wekends of the warmer months then takes a lengthy break during Winter.
The landowner, a dairy farmer, likes me and encourages me to shoot there. All I ever have to do is phone him for permission first and he always tries to say yes. The rare exceptions are when cows are grazing too close to the butts. Mostly I am there during the week and have the place to myself. Occasionally a few other guys would show up to shoot but most seem to have transgressed somehow and the land owner has banned most of them from range use.
The Rifle Club maintains the butts and stores their targets there but I always take and use only my own targets.
Overall it's a pretty sweet set up and I'm very grateful to have access.
The landowner charges me nothing for access or use but the cost to me is the gift of appreciation I give him and his wife every Christmas. Last year he asked for my advice on some earmuffs he wanted to buy. I bought a pair and gave them to him. The other cost is my time to clean cow dung off my truck which is a regular occurrence, and the fuel for the half hour drive each way. It's still only a small price to pay. I regularly talk to shooters who lament they have no place to practice.

Hunting.... it's not everything, it's the only thing.

Posts: 1992 | Location: New Zealand's North Island | Registered: 13 November 2014Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
Many years ago, one could just drive out of town and shoot.

So when I built my house, and built an underground shooting range, my friends thought I was mad.

Now that everywhere is developed, one can hardly find a place to shoot, unless one is willing to travel very far.

I have the last laugh! clap

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 66756 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
Yes, Saeed -- and are you still letting the unsuspecting shoot the T Rex?

rotflmo

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16305 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
I pay nothing. I can shoot out to 300+ yards on my property anytime I want.

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13104 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bill/Oregon:
Yes, Saeed -- and are you still letting the unsuspecting shoot the T Rex?

rotflmo

I really have no idea why I get blamed for this!

It is not my fault that our powder measure adds a few hundred grains of powder to the charge!

Not my fault.

Honest! Confused

Posts: 66756 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of richj
posted Hide Post
The hillybilly range (wood benches/no cover) went up to $20. The range that is covered and has concrete benches is now $26 or $28.

Posts: 6361 | Location: NY, NY | Registered: 28 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Big Wonderful Wyoming
posted Hide Post
I pay $5 a day to shoot at my primary range near my house.

I pay nothing to shoot on the 1000 yard public range.

A lot of people drive pretty far to shoot there it is really nice.

Posts: 7763 | Location: Das heimat! | Registered: 10 October 2012Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
Another important factors for shooters who are reloaders is how far to go to test their reloads.

I remember having to drive out of town, and then find that the starting load is too hot for the rifle being tested.

With our own underground shooting range, next to the loading room, this sort of problem does not exists.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I am building a sporting clays and 100 yard rifle range on my property, so the cost is very high, or free - depends on how you do your accounting.

AT

Posts: 872 | Location: S. E. Arizona | Registered: 01 February 2019Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
My thoughts exactly Saeed. That is why I shoot from my shop now into the backstop in the next 5 acres. I have my loading room off the shop so it saves a lot of time on load development.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of tomahawker
posted Hide Post
I often feel like a rube reading things on AR. Paying for hunting, shooting etc. never ever occurred to me. I understand a lil more now. Mainly that I am blessed to be born and raised on the farm. And still on the farm. Don’t see how we can recruit our youth into the joys of hunting and shooting sports when everything costs money. I never even carried money till I was out of high school.

Posts: 3452 | Registered: 27 November 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I almost feel guilty that I travel only 12.3 minutes to my private range with 100, 600 and 1000 yard ranges with benches on each. Also a couple area to shoot shotgun or just plink.

Actual skeet shooting, we pay for that the usual rate, at the gun club.

Zeke

One of Us
Picture of dpcd
posted Hide Post
$80 per year; and it is $60 if you are over 60.
Tomahawk; don't you see the tens (hundreds) of thousands of dollars guys pay to hunt all over the world? You are in a bubble.
We also have a public range; you do not want to to there ever; it is scary; no rules; just a berm. People will shoot things beside you if you are not back far enough. Never have accidents though; I don't know why.

Posts: 17045 | Location: USA | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by craigster:
$50 yearly membership. Members shoot for free.

http://redwoodgunclub.org/

Here is where I shoot when I have to have a bench. About 15 min from my house.

http://www.snowshoegunclub.com/
$150.00 yr.

25 yrs back it was $25.00 every 6mo. dancing

Posts: 2349 | Location: KENAI, ALASKA | Registered: 10 November 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Buglemintoday
posted Hide Post
Local range is $200/Yr out to 500m.
45 minute away is a $150/yr range that goes to 400m.

I'm a member at a very nice range about 1hr 45min away..$50/yr. A great facility that goes out to 250y. It is 5 miles from where I hunt and can shoot extremely long distance there if I want.

"Let me start off with two words: Made in America"

Posts: 3315 | Location: Permian Basin | Registered: 16 December 2006Reply With Quote