THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM BENCHREST AND TARGET SHOOTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Shooting  Hop To Forums  Benchrest & Target Shooting    Centrefire Rifle Accuracy - Creating and Maintaining it.

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Centrefire Rifle Accuracy - Creating and Maintaining it.
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Folks if you've an interest in Gunsmithing or just what it takes to make a rifle accurate....and restore accuracy to a gun that's gone "off tune"..... then Contact Bill Hambly-Clark Jnr at Blackduckpublishing@bigpond.com and get yourself a copy of Centrefire Rifle Accuracy - Creating and Maintaining it.

Chapters include:

The Action;
Barrell Setup;
Fit the Barrell;
Trigger tuning;
Reloading dies;
The Full length sizing die;
Bedding the stock;
Telescopic sight mounting;
Jam and Touch;
Barrel tuning;
Barrel tuners;
Cleaning and Reloading.

Bill has been a custom rifle builder for over 40 years, shoots Long distance rifle competition and has shot Benchrest at a National .......... and International (?) ...... level for 40+ years.

He explains his theories and methods on how to build accurate rifles and genuinely wants to pass on the knowledge.

It's the best description on fitting barrels, truing actions, bedding stocks, tuning triggers etc that I've ever read and, so far, I've just skimmed through it.

I'd be surprised if his input didn't change the way you build rifles ........... and I'm sure you'll pull that "problem child" rifle out of the cupboard that you just couldn't get shooting once you've read how Bill does it.

It's 458 pages that you won't be able to read just once. It's worth the price of the book to see the colour pictures of some of the beautifull rifles that he's built.

Posts: 348 | Location: queensland, australia | Registered: 07 August 2007Reply With Quote