Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

where to find shooting rest
 Login/Join

posted
I'm building a wheel chair shooting rig for a friend who is paralized would be helpful if I could buy some type of universal rifle /pistol recoil absorbing rest to simply mount at eye level then he can manipulate the trigger release remotely so WHERE can I purchase such a rest and release?

Posts: 3 | Location: Visalia, California | Registered: 03 September 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Look at the Caldwell lead sled.
As to a remote trigger release?
Do you need a solenoid type of release or would a camera type of cable release work?

muck

Posts: 1052 | Location: Southern OHIO USA | Registered: 17 November 2001Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Muck......Thanks for the info, I will look into the lead sled. I was thinking about a hydraulic trigger or sorts, but I'm always open to suggestions.

Posts: 3 | Location: Visalia, California | Registered: 03 September 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
A friend who is a Benchrest gunsmith set up his railgun so he could look thru the scope and remote, sort of, the trigger.

Remember the old remote release plunger units people used to use on 35mm film cameras? He drilled a hole thru the front of the trigger guard, and threaded it. The remote he used was about 18 inches long. He would just depress the plunger to fire. He shot many groups in the .025-.040" range with that unit. 5 shots at 100yds.

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Try www.targetshooting.com
See 1000LP

I have it and a lead sled. There is no comparison.
Works great on DRG calibers also.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Its too dangerous for them to be shooting, stay at home.

Posts: 1743 | Registered: 25 February 2012Reply With Quote