THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM BENCHREST AND TARGET SHOOTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Shooting  Hop To Forums  Benchrest & Target Shooting    Texas Junior shooter-Fantastic shooting

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Texas Junior shooter-Fantastic shooting
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
"We held our second major regional championship this past weekend. East Texas regional - Carthage, Texas

Madison Butler was firing in her first major match since earning the Distinguished Riflemans Badge in March while still shooting irons. She shot High Master scores all weekend with a loaner MTR5 March SR scope and with her 2nd Shilen 8T Ratchet barrel. On Sunday, in the LEG match, she fired the highest score of all competitors (54 participants) - 50 shot match, no sighting shots - 500 point maximum score: she scored 498 - 22x. She won this match shooting against the best in Texas and Oklahoma."

Madison's record-setting accomplishment is nothing short of phenomenal. I researched the CMP top scores fired in LEG matches from 2004 to date, only 3 scores were posted at 498, and none were fired by a Junior shooter. One was fired by a military shooter and the other by a top shooter from CA. Definitely the score is the highest ever fired in Texas. Our top TSRA Gold Team members who set National records last year at Camp Perry, their individual highest scores posted in LEG matches over the same period were 495s.

We should win the Freedom's Fire National doubles championship with Madison and Samantha Holt. We have a 70% chance of winning the 6 man National Trophy Team Match, and an 80% chance of winning the 6 man National Infantry Trophy Championship - if we don't mess it up.
But we're training hard with 8 practice days committed in June at Camp Swift in Bastrop.

Thanks for all you do for our team. Love those Shilen barrels.

Posts: 8959 | Location: Poetry, Texas | Registered: 28 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
No question that is a phenomenal score and it sure seems that you guys in Texas are keeping the sport alive and active, good for you. Some years ago fellow heading up the WV team to go to Perry told me that he wanted all of those selected to have an average of 485 scores. Well, being a Master at that time was not me for that average and told him I only knew of one shooter in the State that held that high of an average. For those folks not shooting HP/XC don't realize what level of performance you guys are producing, outstanding.

Posts: 1050 | Location: S.Charleston, WV | Registered: 18 June 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Instructor:
No question that is a phenomenal score and it sure seems that you guys in Texas are keeping the sport alive and active, good for you. Some years ago fellow heading up the WV team to go to Perry told me that he wanted all of those selected to have an average of 485 scores. Well, being a Master at that time was not me for that average and told him I only knew of one shooter in the State that held that high of an average. For those folks not shooting HP/XC don't realize what level of performance you guys are producing, outstanding.

Nobody comes close to the WVU team for rifle shooting!

Posts: 8959 | Location: Poetry, Texas | Registered: 28 November 2004Reply With Quote