New
Find
Notify
Tools

Bald Eagle Cast Iron Rest
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I just got the Bald Eagle Cast Iron Rest called the Slingshot style. Very heavy unit. I just unpacked it and need to mount a bag on it. The first take on it is the cable remote is strange looking but works.

Posts: 2662 | Location: Lone Star State | Registered: 12 November 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Shiraz Bilolia, who owns Grizzly bought the Bald Eagle products and manufacturing rights from Bill Gebhart. I believe your windadge is adjusted by hydraulics with the adjusting knob for it next to the rear screw on the back of the base of the rest. It is a good unit.

Edit:
The wind age is with a cable rather than one of the Hydraulic units. I don't think you will like it.

Posts: 8959 | Location: Poetry, Texas | Registered: 28 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
After using the Eagle rest twice now I have not looked at my Caldwell BR Rock. May never use it again. The Eagle rest does not take the standard Protector brand bags. You need to buy Eagle bags, not a big deal. The remote adj. on the Eage rest does not make me whish for a joy stick style now. At 20 plus lb's. it's not for everyone. The mariner wheel fine adj. maybe it's best feature.

Posts: 2662 | Location: Lone Star State | Registered: 12 November 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
If I had one I would either modify or replace the bag to so I could use a stock Protector bag.

Posts: 8959 | Location: Poetry, Texas | Registered: 28 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
If you call pRotector they will make you one that fits. All you have to do is punch holes. You could also get one with the new slick material as well.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
When I got my Hart Heavy Varmit rest the quality of my rifles, ammo and me as a shooter suddenly increased. I am sure it has paid for itself in component savings and gas 10 times over.

Posts: 13978 | Location: http://www.tarawaontheweb.org/tarawa2.jpg | Registered: 03 December 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I see that Grizzly-Bald Eagle offers both a triangle leg rest as well as the Slingshot with one leg longer than the other two. How do the two compare? Is the Slingshot more stable for one type of shooting and the old-style triangle better for another? Or is it just personal preference? Also wondering about the windage cable - how well does that assist control.

sputster

Posts: 759 | Location: Kansas | Registered: 18 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Been using one since they started making them, for the money they are sweet !

One of Us
posted Hide Post
The Bald Eagle triangular is best. The slingshot is for a bench top that may allow the top to be a little closer to you. I have 3 Bald Eagles, one slingshot, do not get the slingshot. The wind age adjustment is no good.
If you are doing F Open, you need a Joy Stick rest or top for the Bald Eagle. You will be able to make both your wind age a vertical adjustment while looking through your sights. A big advantage.

Farley coax
Shadetree Engineering coax rest top
Seb coaxial rest

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by butchlambert:
The Bald Eagle triangular is best. The slingshot is for a bench top that may allow the top to be a little closer to you. I have 3 Bald Eagles, one slingshot, do not get the slingshot. The wind age adjustment is no good.
If you are doing F Open, you need a Joy Stick rest or top for the Bald Eagle. You will be able to make both your wind age a vertical adjustment while looking through your sights. A big advantage.

Farley coax
Shadetree Engineering coax rest top
Seb coaxial rest

Words of wisdom... pay attention.

Dick Wright

Posts: 669 | Location: Michigan | Registered: 27 March 2014Reply With Quote