THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM BENCHREST AND TARGET SHOOTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Shooting  Hop To Forums  Benchrest & Target Shooting    A real classic...THE HOUSTON WAREHOUSE.

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A real classic...THE HOUSTON WAREHOUSE.
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted

Posts: 866 | Location: Puget Sound country | Registered: 18 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Great read, and certainly interesting for those guys who are searching for the "magic load" which will turn their 2" groups into the threes! There was just one error however:
"Others had consistent .25" to .30- something rifles, an accuracy level guaranteed to put a competition shooter down near the bottom of the pack."
Hell we have shooters in just about all these forums whose hunting rifles routinely shoot to this level. What's the big deal ( Wink
The other item that caught my interest was the statement that the 22PPC shot better than the 6mm PPC. I was certainly under the impression from numerous Precision Shooting articles that the opposite was true, but perhaps the 6mm behaves better under outdoor conditions?
Peter.

Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong;

Posts: 10505 | Location: Jacksonville, Florida | Registered: 09 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Peter, Do you really believe the guys that claim that accuracy out of a hunting rifle. That was tongue in cheek?
Butch

Posts: 8959 | Location: Poetry, Texas | Registered: 28 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
what most hunters do is fire one good group and discount the rest. assuming that if their rifle did it once it should do it all the time. oh, those other groups, well maybe a puff of wind or maybe a bad trigger squeeze or something else. ask them if they fired 5-5 shot groups and averaged them and they act like you're stupid.

velocity is like a new car, always losing value.
BC is like diamonds, holding value forever.

Posts: 1650 | Location: , texas | Registered: 01 August 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Butch, yes it was! Hence the smiley face!
Peter.

Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong;

Posts: 10505 | Location: Jacksonville, Florida | Registered: 09 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
BTT

one of us
posted Hide Post
While he and I are only nodding acquaintances, the "best" shooter mentioned in there, Ron Prachyl, can be found at most Dallas area gun shows selling high end target and hunting rifles. I've bought a couple of DGAs off of him that I can recall.

xxxxxxxxxx
When considering US based operations of guides/outfitters, check and see if they are NRA members. If not, why support someone who doesn't support us? Consider spending your money elsewhere.

NEVER, EVER book a hunt with BLAIR WORLDWIDE HUNTING or JEFF BLAIR.

I have come to understand that in hunting, the goal is not the goal but the process.

Posts: 17099 | Location: Texas USA | Registered: 07 May 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Old Slick Willy Ron! Could I tell you some stories! I will give him this, he is a good shooter.
Butch

Posts: 8959 | Location: Poetry, Texas | Registered: 28 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I'm always up for "stories". I'd like to hear them sometime.

xxxxxxxxxx
When considering US based operations of guides/outfitters, check and see if they are NRA members. If not, why support someone who doesn't support us? Consider spending your money elsewhere.

I have come to understand that in hunting, the goal is not the goal but the process.

One of Us
Picture of Boss Hoss
posted Hide Post
Kind of doubt you do but he and Butch are pards.

Posts: 1004 | Registered: 08 November 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I know Butch, I don't know you, probably just as well.

xxxxxxxxxx