New
Find
Notify
Tools

Jahner Bullets 22 Cal in 50gr or 52 gr
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted Hide Post
And since you dont understand bullet making, the only part that is CARBIDE IS THE POINT UP DIE... The rest of the setup is still the same, just a little infrmation for yah if you didnt understand..

Posts: 43 | Location: Wisconsin | Registered: 27 October 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of pointblank
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jahner.bullets:
And since you dont understand bullet making, the only part that is CARBIDE IS THE POINT UP DIE... The rest of the setup is still the same, just a little infrmation for yah if you didnt understand..

Gee, thanks for the lesson Roll Eyes. The only reason that I brought up carbide is durability, not whether a steel die can make a good bullet as I'm well aware that it can. All I'm saying is that your point die(oops, sorry) will be history in no time if you sell lots of bullets. Most bullet makers know that you cant make good bullets without GOOD dies and GOOD jackets. Cores are mostly made using lead wire, just think, ALL those world records and Super Shoot wins and no "special lead". Be sure to post some results when your bullets are winning matches. I guess we'll see this summer when all the equipment lists hit the NBRSA newsletter and PS magazine, whether "special lead" is the ticket...I'm not holding my breath.

Posts: 2073 | Registered: 28 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
You can hold your breath until somebody using my bullets beats you in a match and then you just might realize but I guess your to smart for that.
quote:
Originally posted by pointblank:
quote:
Originally posted by jahner.bullets:

Gee, thanks for the lesson Roll Eyes. The only reason that I brought up carbide is durability, not whether a steel die can make a good bullet as I'm well aware that it can. All I'm saying is that your point die(oops, sorry) will be history in no time if you sell lots of bullets. Most bullet makers know that you cant make good bullets without GOOD dies and GOOD jackets. Cores are mostly made using lead wire, just think, ALL those world records and Super Shoot wins and no "special lead". Be sure to post some results when your bullets are winning matches. I guess we'll see this summer when all the equipment lists hit the NBRSA newsletter and PS magazine, whether "special lead" is the ticket...I'm not holding my breath.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I used to know this guy named Bob Simonson, back about 18 years ago he and Jef Fowler backed me in PS Magazine, and did the first benchrest 25 caliber dies and bullets. He wouldn't make dies unless they were carbide, said he didn't like people calling him and complaining by time they figured out how to make a bullet that would win the Super Shoot they'd worn the die out. I don't pretend to know it all, but it's been a long time since anybody who planed to win the SS or any other big match brought a 22. Of course, John Gammuto did show at the Cactus one year with a 17.

To the point, if your friend has a 40X that will agg under .250 I'll pay to see it. If it doesn't, he gives it to me free! Deal?

BTW, most people don't sign up here just to sell things. They contribute something. I asked Dick Wright if he had ever heard of you OR your bullets and he said no. Just a thought...

Rich
DRSS
Knowledge not shared is knowledge lost...

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Rich, I think Mike won the super shoot a couple of years back with a 22.
My dies are made by Niemi and are all carbide, including the core squirt die.
Arguing with Jahner is like arquing with a fencepost. Good Luck!

Posts: 868 | Location: maryland | Registered: 25 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
jumping, rotflmo, Blackmon makes great dies for somebody that is making his own limited amount of bullets. Listen to pointblank and Eddie.
Butch

Posts: 8959 | Location: Poetry, Texas | Registered: 28 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I understand why there are carbide dies. Do you have 1500 for carbide dies that your willing to loan me?

quote:
Originally posted by butchlambert:
jumping, rotflmo, Blackmon makes great dies for somebody that is making his own limited amount of bullets. Listen to pointblank and Eddie.
Butch

one of us
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]. . . all I want to do is make enough bullets to get my cost back out of the system and then I will only make what I need.[QUOTE]

I would say that you just killed any sales that might have taken place. Why would anyone want to invest in bullets that probably won't be available the next time he needs some???

One of the reasons that custom bulletmakers need carbide dies is because they make bullets in large lots. Most BR shooters will not buy small lots (1000 or less) because such a small number will hardly last through one season. Most of us that buy bullets prefer to get them in lots of 2 to 5 thousand.

Ray

Arizona Mountains

Posts: 1560 | Location: Arizona Mountains | Registered: 11 October 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of pointblank
posted Hide Post
As Eddie pointed out, 22 bullets can and do win, Bill Forrester won a HOF point last summer at Kelbly's, and I think the 22 has contributed to most or all of his points. The main reason that 22's don't capture many wins is because they are outnumbered probably 100 to 1. Mr. Jahner, now that the truth is out that you don't really have any intention of providing bullets to Benchrest shooters for the long haul, I see that your after a different market. It won't take long to pay off your dies, because Larry's pricing is extremely economical for what you get. As Ray pointed out, the last thing a BR shooter needs is a dried up supply of bullets. I personally want to know that if I find a bullet I like, it'll be around for years to come.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Send some information on your bullerts. You can find my e-mail or snail mail on my web site.
What is the point diameter on your 52gr?

www.duanesguns.com

Posts: 869 | Location: N Dakota | Registered: 29 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
If you would of been interested in my bullets you would of bought them along time ago and tried them out and seen that they work.. But you and the other boy have to much time to spend on the forum and bitch and bitch about SHOULDA COULDA WOULDA!!! You keep bitching see how far that takes yah, geez your like 2 ol ladies in a pissing match..
quote:
Originally posted by pointblank:
As Eddie pointed out, 22 bullets can and do win, Bill Forrester won a HOF point last summer at Kelbly's, and I think the 22 has contributed to most or all of his points. The main reason that 22's don't capture many wins is because they are outnumbered probably 100 to 1. Mr. Jahner, now that the truth is out that you don't really have any intention of providing bullets to Benchrest shooters for the long haul, I see that your after a different market. It won't take long to pay off your dies, because Larry's pricing is extremely economical for what you get. As Ray pointed out, the last thing a BR shooter needs is a dried up supply of bullets. I personally want to know that if I find a bullet I like, it'll be around for years to come.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
You do alot of talking and not much action.. If you would try my bullets out and they work for yah I would make you 1000 or 2000 or 3000 or 5000 Big deal.. You guys act like this is difficult to make the bullets its not.. ITS TIME CONSUMING!!! SO dont tell me how many bullets you guys use I dont care. until you purchase 4000 like some of my other customers I might say your nothing so get off my thread. My thread is for customers that want to purchase good quality bullets..NOT TALKERS!!

quote:
Originally posted by Cheechako:
[QUOTE]. . . all I want to do is make enough bullets to get my cost back out of the system and then I will only make what I need.[QUOTE]

I would say that you just killed any sales that might have taken place. Why would anyone want to invest in bullets that probably won't be available the next time he needs some???

One of the reasons that custom bulletmakers need carbide dies is because they make bullets in large lots. Most BR shooters will not buy small lots (1000 or less) because such a small number will hardly last through one season. Most of us that buy bullets prefer to get them in lots of 2 to 5 thousand.

Ray

One of Us
posted Hide Post
If I were making that good of a quality of bullets I would have plenty money to buy carbide. Bullet man, you are a joke and you don't have enough sense to realize it.
Butch

Posts: 8959 | Location: Poetry, Texas | Registered: 28 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
TO EACH HIS OWN BABY!!

quote:
If I were making that good of a quality of bullets I would have plenty money to buy carbide. Bullet man, you are a joke and you don't have enough sense to realize it.
Butch

One of Us
posted Hide Post
If I get Carbide dies and start mass producing the quality will go down. This is a 1 man operation. SUPPLY AND DEMAND if you havent realized it yet

quote:
Butch

One of Us
posted Hide Post
".054" ENOUGH SAID QUOTE "KIM R"

quote:
Butch

One of Us
posted Hide Post
When I said that you are a joke, I meant it. All the good BR and custom bullet makers make all their own bullets. They make millions of bullets over the years and their quality sure as hell doesn't suffer. We have tried to politely give you good advice and just like a kid, you bow up and lose it.
Butch

One of Us
posted Hide Post
if you got that huge customer base buying 4000 at a time why in the heck are you turning into such a dork here? I wouldn't think you'd have the time to waste with your huge backlog...

Go away

Rich
DRSS

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Like a Kid huh Well most kids I know dont make Bench Rest Quality Bullets last time I checked. "ALL THE GOOD BR AND CUSTOM BULLET MAKERS MAKE THERE OWN BULLETS" Your right I do make bullets for myself. I shoot awesome groups.But Im not claiming to shoot .054 with my bullets somebody else is... I THINK YOU GUYS ARE JUST JEALOUS AND THAT SUCKS FOR YOU GUYS!!

quote:
When I said that you are a joke, I meant it. All the good BR and custom bullet makers make all their own bullets. They make millions of bullets over the years and their quality sure as hell doesn't suffer. We have tried to politely give you good advice and just like a kid, you bow up and lose it.
Butch

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I said I have had a few customers buy 4000 at a time.. You guys are the ones saying " WELL IF THEY ARE BIG BENCH REST SHOOTERS THEY WILL BUY 1000 or 2000 or even 5000 and use that up in a year.. Dont tell me how much a BR shooter uses his gun serious do you think I was born Yesterday? All I was saying I cant make 4000 bullets overnight to sell everyday thats all.

quote:
Originally posted by Idaho Sharpshooter:
if you got that huge customer base buying 4000 at a time why in the heck are you turning into such a dork here? I wouldn't think you'd have the time to waste with your huge backlog...

Go away

Rich
DRSS

one of us
posted Hide Post
Is there a fencepost in the house?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Eddie, Butch, Hal,

You're agruing with an idiot! Leave him alone and he'll go away.

Wayne

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Fence post ? No the only fence post is the 1 you keep bringing up..

quote:
Originally posted by eddieharren:
Is there a fencepost in the house?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
For you "RWS" Who are you to say Im an Idiot.. It takes a bigger man to say that I guess.

quote:
Originally posted by rws:
Eddie, Butch, Hal,

You're agruing with an idiot! Leave him alone and he'll go away.

Wayne

one of us
posted Hide Post
Wayne, I quit arguing. I'm now laughing at this idiot digging the hole deeper.

PS: get that organization straightened out if you can.

One of Us
Picture of pointblank
posted Hide Post
quote:
Wayne, I quit arguing. I'm now laughing at this idiot digging the hole deeper.

PS: get that organization straightened out if you can.

We got the tuners Eddie, sky is the limit. Now we just need a good man to run the whole show. Jimmy's term is up next year, care to throw your name into the fray??? dancing

one of us
posted Hide Post
Can an NBRSA member run for Pres.?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
We have a couple un-suspecting souls in mind for the TOP SLOT!

One of the ones mentioned in the meeting sure doesn't belong there.

One of Us
Picture of pointblank
posted Hide Post
quote:
Can an NBRSA member run for Pres.?

Just because you got the shirt doesn't make you a member Eddie clap.

One of Us
Picture of pointblank
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rws:
We have a couple un-suspecting souls in mind for the TOP SLOT!

One of the ones mentioned in the meeting sure doesn't belong there.

You aint kiddin' there man. I nominate FFFFRRRRRAAAAANNNNCCCCCEEEE'........

one of us
posted Hide Post
I got the shirt, membership card and decals. I'm ret-to-go.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Eddie, Wayne, I will not forget to renew this year.
You guys will have to keep me informed as I am on the other side of the planet.
Butch

One of Us
posted Hide Post
jahner- Send me a few of your bullets and I'll spin them and let you know how good they really are.

The only easy day is yesterday!

Posts: 2758 | Location: Northern Minnesota | Registered: 22 September 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
email me at jahner.bullets@yahoo.com

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Pegleg, did the bullets spin OK?
Butch

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Butch- You know the answer before I post. There aren't any bullets out there that will spin perfect! Cool

The only easy day is yesterday!

Posts: 2758 | Location: Northern Minnesota | Registered: 22 September 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
What is the latest word on the perfect bullets? I didn't see any in the winners circle this past season.
Butch