Find
Notify
Tools

Jahner Bullets 22 Cal in 50gr or 52 gr
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
$22.00/100 JAHNER BULLETS.

THESE BULLETS ARE HOMEADE AND EACH AND EVERY ONE IS HAND WEIGHED AND MIC AS WELL.

THESE ARE THE FINEST BENCH REST BULLETS MADE FOR THE 22 CAL IN 50 or 52 GR.

THE BULLETS ARE MADE OF A J-4 JACKET AND .705 IN LENGTH AND SPECIAL LEAD. IT'S THE BEST THERE IS TO MAKE BULLETS WITH. BUT ARE AVAILABLE UPON DEMAND.

THE BULLET IS A FLAT BASE HOLLOW POINT AND HAS A OPENING OF .0625 PUNCH DIAMETER.

THE DIES THAT MAKE THESE PRECIOUS BULLETS ARE FROM LARRY BLACKMON, WHICH IF YOU ARE A BENCH REST SHOOTER YOU WILL HAVE HEARD OF HIM BEFORE, SINCE HE IS VERY VERY WELL KNOWN FOR HIS DIES.

EMAIL ME IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS
Jahner.Bullets@yahoo.com

Posts: 43 | Location: Wisconsin | Registered: 27 October 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Saw your ad over on BR.com. Being a bullet maker myself, 30 and 6mm only, I'm wondering what "Special lead" you're using.

Posts: 868 | Location: maryland | Registered: 25 July 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Leave those presses and core cutters alone long enough to post an answer.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Hey Eddie, give the guy a break...he's busy making his "precious bullets". They are obviously very good because he is asking a premium price for them. Fowlers are around $43 for 250.
Peter.

Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong;

Posts: 10505 | Location: Jacksonville, Florida | Registered: 09 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Peter, if you can get Ed Fowler to send you any.
Actually metal prices have risen sharpley over the last 2 years. Bullets, and the materials to make them, are very high priced.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Well Ed, I just went to benchrest.com and saw his (Fowler's) ad. I still have some left over from a previous order, so I don't need any right now. He needs to update his ad if his prices have changed.
Peter.

Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong;

Posts: 10505 | Location: Jacksonville, Florida | Registered: 09 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of pointblank
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Peter:
Well Ed, I just went to benchrest.com and saw his (Fowler's) ad. I still have some left over from a previous order, so I don't need any right now. He needs to update his ad if his prices have changed.
Peter.

First, that add is VERY old, from when Jeff was still alive, prices have increased substantially. And, as Eddie said, "IF" you can get any bullets from his son Ed. He's not got the best reputation in the bullet making business these days.

Posts: 2073 | Registered: 28 September 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks gentlemen, I have a supply of (original) Berger's as well as some Fowler and another make I cannot remember. I haven't bought any BR bullets in several years so my knowledge of prices may well be out of date. Hell I even have some Cautericos (sp) that I bought from Bob Pease (RIP).
Peter.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Looks like you guys like to make fun of a guy..Thats fine. Its obvious that you havent seen the BR Bullet prices now a days.. I get 22.00 /100 and if you can get Fine quality bullets like mine some place else go right ahead. I am only on here because I am proud to make such a bullet and am proud of my product.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
As of yet I haven't had any dissapointed customers.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Jahner

I don't think anyone is making fun of you. If it comes across that way it's probably just that we are a bit skeptical. Because bullet quality can make the difference between winning and first-loser you can see where it's easy to be suspicious of claims made by someone that we do not know.

Several of us are Benchrest shooters who use nothing but the best custom made bullets. We are all aware of the prices that the good makers are having to charge today. Very aware. I think that some of us, including me, cannot understand how you can charge so little considering the work that you say goes into each bullet.

Maybe we could be more receptive if you could elaborate a little on what you offer and maybe even name a few of the competitors who use your bullets. Do you offer any small-quantity samples for shooters to try? That's a good way to give your product exposure. Word spreads fast in Benchrest circles.

Good luck with your venture.

Ray

Arizona Mountains

Posts: 1560 | Location: Arizona Mountains | Registered: 11 October 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I would still like an answer to my question. I make my own BR bullets in 30 and 6mm. I get my lead from R.W. Hart & Son. I would like to know what kind of lead you are using, that makes it "special". I don't plan on competing with you as I make no bullets for sale.

one of us
posted Hide Post
And if I came across as making fun of you I apologise. My ignorance of current prices has been pointed out on this forum. It has been quite some time since I bought bullets for my 222 and 6mmBR. I would like to try some of yours and will probably place an order in the next few weeks. My current job has me travelling so I have no time to shoot.
Peter.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I know it suspicious that I make such good quality bullets and only charge 22.00/100 It should be much more for the time that I spend in making these bullets. I do not give samples out for free. I am only charging 2.00 in shipping so to get these Jahner bullets is not going to break anybody to test these out in your rifle. It is what you would pay for bullets at the store for Berger since you would be paying tax there. Instead you are paying for the shipping.
quote:
Originally posted by Cheechako:
Jahner

I don't think anyone is making fun of you. If it comes across that way it's probably just that we are a bit skeptical. Because bullet quality can make the difference between winning and first-loser you can see where it's easy to be suspicious of claims made by someone that we do not know.

Several of us are Benchrest shooters who use nothing but the best custom made bullets. We are all aware of the prices that the good makers are having to charge today. Very aware. I think that some of us, including me, cannot understand how you can charge so little considering the work that you say goes into each bullet.

Maybe we could be more receptive if you could elaborate a little on what you offer and maybe even name a few of the competitors who use your bullets. Do you offer any small-quantity samples for shooters to try? That's a good way to give your product exposure. Word spreads fast in Benchrest circles.

Good luck with your venture.

Ray

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yah I see that your prices for bullets is alittle behind the power curve but thats okay you were just like me I use to buy bullets by the thousand and would last me for a few years. I just received my 30 cal Boat tail die from Larry Blackmon in a 7 or 8 ogive. I will be one of the only few people making a BR 30 cal bullet in a boat tail. I will have numerous shooters using my bullets in the national shoot in PA. Watch the magazines for my name hopefully they win. Ryan
You can reach me on my email to order at
jahner.bullets@yahoo.com
quote:
And if I came across as making fun of you I apologise. My ignorance of current prices has been pointed out on this forum. It has been quite some time since I bought bullets for my 222 and 6mmBR. I would like to try some of yours and will probably place an order in the next few weeks. My current job has me travelling so I have no time to shoot.
Peter.

One of Us
Picture of pointblank
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jahner.bullets:
Yah I see that your prices for bullets is alittle behind the power curve but thats okay you were just like me I use to buy bullets by the thousand and would last me for a few years. I just received my 30 cal Boat tail die from Larry Blackmon in a 7 or 8 ogive. I will be one of the only few people making a BR 30 cal bullet in a boat tail. I will have numerous shooters using my bullets in the national shoot in PA. Watch the magazines for my name hopefully they win. Ryan
You can reach me on my email to order at
jahner.bullets@yahoo.com
quote:
Peter.

Which match would that be? Only one I can think of will be the IBS 200/300 Nats if they are held at Weikert again. Also, what weight(s) are you thinking about for the 30's?

one of us
posted Hide Post
So you have dies for 7 and 8 Ogive 30 cal. bullets? What length jackets are you going to use on the 7 ogive boatails?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yes I have both the 7 and 8 ogive. In the 7ogive I am gonna use a 124 gr bullet used for a 30 BR

one of us
posted Hide Post
Interesting. I'm making 110 gr. bullets (7 ogive) on .925 jackets. They do very well in a 3 groove 17 twist Lilja barrel. What twist are you going to use on the 124gr bullets, and what length jackets?

Administrator
posted Hide Post
I have several thousands of 22, 6mm and 257 bench rest bullet made by Bill Brawand.

These are some of the most accurate bullets I have ever shot.

I have groups fired from custom rifle built on a hall action, that I dare not measure.

Frankly, they are just too small for me to make anything but an educated guess at their size, being shot here in our underground indoor range.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 66909 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of pointblank
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:
I have several thousands of 22, 6mm and 257 bench rest bullet made by Bill Brawand.

These are some of the most accurate bullets I have ever shot.

I have groups fired from custom rifle built on a hall action, that I dare not measure.

Frankly, they are just too small for me to make anything but an educated guess at their size, being shot here in our underground indoor range.

Bill Brawand has made some very good bullets over the years for sure. Much testing is being done these days in tunnels and underground facilities, there is quite a bit innovation to look forward to in the next few years me thinks.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ryan,
You can have the best bullets in the world and until you have proven that they are competitive, you might have a hard time breaking into the BR market. We buy performance, not price. Still would like your answer on cores. I think that you will need to make 112-118 30cal. to see any interest in the hunter class guys.
Too shorten your learning curve, you do need to send some sample bullets to a select group of 22 shooters. Not a whole lot of BR shooters using 22 bullets at present.
Good luck Butch

Posts: 8959 | Location: Poetry, Texas | Registered: 28 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I do have the best bullets I believe. I believe they are competitive and many BR shooters at Nicolet Rifle Club use my bullets. So therefore you are buying performance not price. My answer on cores? Well does Coca-cola give away there ingredients? I dont think so. You have to pay a small price of 24.00 shipped to test the bullets out and you will find out very soon how good these bullets shoot. As soon as you start using my bullets you will just start winning more matches thats all Smiler
quote:
Originally posted by butchlambert:
Ryan,
You can have the best bullets in the world and until you have proven that they are competitive, you might have a hard time breaking into the BR market. We buy performance, not price. Still would like your answer on cores. I think that you will need to make 112-118 30cal. to see any interest in the hunter class guys.
Too shorten your learning curve, you do need to send some sample bullets to a select group of 22 shooters. Not a whole lot of BR shooters using 22 bullets at present.
Good luck Butch

One of Us
Picture of pointblank
posted Hide Post
I hope your bullets sell well for you but I have to wonder, why did you have Larry make you 22 dies? If you want to break into the REAL Benchrest market, its 6mm and 30cal bullets you need to make. As Butch indicated, VERY FEW competitive BR shooters shoot 22's, although some very good shooters. Why not let Bill Forrester and Mike Ratigan test your bullets out for you? Word will get out if they are indeed the "best". When BR shooters find a great bullet, we buy them 5K or even 10K at a time, that'll keep you pulling the handle till those dies are all used up.

one of us
posted Hide Post
I don't think I've ever seen a person so hell bent on putting people off. First you advertise "special lead, the best for bullet making", then refuse to explain why your lead is so superior. I've been shooting BR for 20 years and one of the things, that I learned early on, was that there are no secrets. Most innovative BR shooters have always been willing to share their techniques and methods.
I wish you great success, and I'll be watching the match reports for all the winners using these perfect bullets.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
We will check the match reports and reopen this thread sometime this summer.
Butch

Posts: 8959 | Location: Poetry, Texas | Registered: 28 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Your right if they are good then people usually buy by the 1000's.. Thats why I just sold 4000 to a guy in Texas in the 22 cal 52 gr... and Then I sold 4000 30 Cal in 124gr to a guy locally Must be good?
quote:
Originally posted by pointblank:
I hope your bullets sell well for you but I have to wonder, why did you have Larry make you 22 dies? If you want to break into the REAL Benchrest market, its 6mm and 30cal bullets you need to make. As Butch indicated, VERY FEW competitive BR shooters shoot 22's, although some very good shooters. Why not let Bill Forrester and Mike Ratigan test your bullets out for you? Word will get out if they are indeed the "best". When BR shooters find a great bullet, we buy them 5K or even 10K at a time, that'll keep you pulling the handle till those dies are all used up.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
So I do make 30 Cal. in 168 gr and 178 GR HPBT Match grade bullet
quote:

One of Us
Picture of Bob from down under
posted Hide Post
Do you do any .277 bullets?
Thanks.

Regards,
Bob.

Posts: 480 | Location: Australia | Registered: 15 August 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Just tried some 52gr in my 40X repeater 220Swift,4064 powder.best group 5 shots .054 in lousy conditions.ill try some more!

Posts: 877 | Location: Louisiana | Registered: 03 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of pointblank
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by KimR:
Just tried some 52gr in my 40X repeater 220Swift,4064 powder.best group 5 shots .054 in lousy conditions.ill try some more!

LOL

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks Kim. Yah some of these guys on here may come down on these bullets but they havent tried them like you. Thanks for backing me up. Ryan

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sorry NO .277 bullets only 22 cal in 50 gr or 52 gr FBHP and 30 cal in 168 gr and 178 gr MATCH GRADE HPBT...
quote:
Originally posted by Bob from down under:
Do you do any .277 bullets?
Thanks.

One of Us
Picture of pointblank
posted Hide Post
quote:
Thanks Kim. Yah some of these guys on here may come down on these bullets but they havent tried them like you. Thanks for backing me up. Ryan

I don't know if your bullets are capable of that kind of accuracy or not, I wasn't bashing them. I'm laughing at the typical "internet group" that so many claim. I shoot benchrest, real benchrest, with moving backers. Last year I was sitting next to a fellow shooter at the HOG Roast as he set the new IBS record 5 shot group at 100yds in either HV or LV class, I don't remember which. Anyhow, in absolutely perfect conditions, that group measured .051". In many, many years of IBS matches, no shooter had shot a group that small, mind you shooting the most accurate rifles in the world. This guy says he all but duplicated it in nasty conditions with his 40X in 220 swift. I say he's FULL OF SHIT.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Well I guess you will never know if my bullets shoot that good or not. I have had many people purchasing these bullets and they love them. Until you purchase these you wont know for yourself. My buddy that has a 40X shoots .094 with my bullets so thats pretty good I think..

quote:
quote:

I don't know if your bullets are capable of that kind of accuracy or not, I wasn't bashing them. I'm laughing at the typical "internet group" that so many claim. I shoot benchrest, real benchrest, with moving backers. Last year I was sitting next to a fellow shooter at the HOG Roast as he set the new IBS record 5 shot group at 100yds in either HV or LV class, I don't remember which. Anyhow, in absolutely perfect conditions, that group measured .051". In many, many years of IBS matches, no shooter had shot a group that small, mind you shooting the most accurate rifles in the world. This guy says he all but duplicated it in nasty conditions with his 40X in 220 swift. I say he's FULL OF SHIT.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
ill get Don Geraci to measure it at our next BR shoot.he knows a little bit about this stuff.he helped me with the gun when i got it.

Posts: 877 | Location: Louisiana | Registered: 03 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Kim,
I can measure a hole as good as Geraci, but he didn't witness it and can't verify what you are saying. Without a moving backer and a witness, your group is useless. We see billfold groups all the time,but strangely enough they don't happen at a match. You get Marcy Lyons, Francis Broussard, or one of my other coonass buddies to witness you shooting a small group, I'll believe you.
Butch

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by KimR:

Kim

There is a big match coming up next month in Phoenix, the Cactus Classic. If you can make it down there I will stake you to the entry fees and put you up in my RV. You will shoot for the prize money and we will split it, 50/50, OK?

You don't even need to shoot any .054" groups. If you can shoot 5 groups twice that size and 5 groups three times that size you're sure to win.

What say you?

BTW, that .054 beats many NBRSA and IBS world records.

Ray

Arizona Mountains

Posts: 1560 | Location: Arizona Mountains | Registered: 11 October 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of pointblank
posted Hide Post
Agreement from honest to goodness REAL BR shooters like Ray and Butch. It's nice to have all the great bullet makers that we do these days, and lots of them feel they have the best bullets out there. Of course most of the ones that make these claims have world records or big shoot wins to back them up. Theres no doubt that your bullets could be great, but until they can claim some big matches, they will just be another bullet. One concern I have is the dies. Larry himself says that his steel dies will only last for 50K bullets or so, thats not a lot of bullets for someone selling them to the public. If your bullets are as good as you say they are, it'll be a shame when you have to retire the dies next year. Why didn't you bite the bullet so to speak and just get a set of carbide dies made?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
The reason I didnt buy carbide is because I cant afford it right now. I will buy carbide in the future. Is there something wrong with steel dies? Seems to make perfectly fine bullets to me and alot of my customers that use JAHNER.BULLETS