THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM BENCHREST AND TARGET SHOOTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Shooting  Hop To Forums  Benchrest & Target Shooting    Schuetzenfest, A bit different here in Texas

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Schuetzenfest, A bit different here in Texas
 Login/Join

posted
This is the way we compete here in Gillespie County, TX. From a tourism video for Fredericksburg.(you'll have to wait/skip through about a minute of tourism stuff at the beginning, then about 6 minutes worth....)
Schuetzenfest practice
It's alot of fun and the competition is tough. I've been doing it since the late '70's when I was a teenager. My Dad bought my match rifle (the 52)from this man in 1975.

My Rifles, in the fore ground, A 1960 Winchester 52C, has looked like this since the early '70's, and has won the rimfire Schuetzen Koenig (german for "shooting king")about 5 times with different shooters (me, once 1997) In the background, the 1992 M70 Winchester, 243, that I built about 4 years ago. I'm hoping to win the centerfire category, and then go try for rimfire king again...

200yds, open iron sights only, no peeps or globes.....

DPSTX

one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
DP, that is simply outstanding. Thanks for posting.
I've not seen those barrel racks before.

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16365 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sounds like fun. Are those long barrels with bloop tubes or really long barrels?. And don't you have to worry about shifting points of impact when shooting off the wooden racks or rests?. Just curious as I've never seen anything like this before. Frank

One of Us
Picture of Dulltool17
posted Hide Post
the 52 looks like the regular target barrel to me. My brother has a 52D (without the buttplate) the 70 looks like a bloop tube

Doug Wilhelmi
NRA Life Member

Posts: 7503 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 15 October 2013Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of LongDistanceOperator
posted Hide Post
Nice looking rifles. Why does the M70 barrel look half blue, half natural metal?

I was not aware that there were any Schuetzen matches in Central Texas. I'll have to go check it out.

Posts: 7480 | Location: near Austin, Texas, USA | Registered: 15 December 2000Reply With Quote