Find
Notify
Tools

New World Record 200yd Benchrest Group
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Wow!

From the recent World Championships in New Zealand.

Details Here

Exercise makes you look good naked, so does bourbon.....You decide

Posts: 189 | Location: Was Kansas, USA - Now South Australia | Registered: 03 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Please post the results as I cannot use your link without joining.

NRA Benefactor Member
US Navy Veteran

Posts: 1043 | Location: Brownstown, Michigan | Registered: 19 April 2015Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
One of my pet peaves is the insistence by many on posting non-functional links instead of just passing the info along. From this poster we know that a new record may or may not have been fired and the group measured....whatever. Regards, Bill

Posts: 3491 | Location: Elko, B.C. Canada | Registered: 19 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Apologies guys....the link works for me.

Here are the details cut & paste from the other forum, less the replies.

At the recent World Benchrest Championships, Steve Sori from NSW shot an amazing small group at 200 yards.

This has now been remeasured and ratified by the World BR body and stands at -

.138 for 5 shots at 200 yards - that's not MOA, that's the actual size!!!

Many of us would be happy with a group at 100 yards of that size.

Steves gear was as follows

BAT DS action
Scoville stock
Kreiger barrel (13.5 twist)
6mm PPC (of course!)
March Hi Master 48x scope
Kelbly rings
Flavio trigger (Steve is the agent for these)
Lapua cases
30.5 BM2
Own 67 gn pills
Fed 205M primers

I believe he smithed his own chamber

Regards...Carl

Posts: 189 | Location: Was Kansas, USA - Now South Australia | Registered: 03 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Here goes another link (apologies Bill L hope it works), this is the NZ site with the full results.

14th WBC in NZ Results

You don't need to join to view the full results from their web site. Let me know if the link does not work and I will work something out.

Regards
Carl

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Works!! Thank you.

NRA Benefactor Member
US Navy Veteran

Posts: 1043 | Location: Brownstown, Michigan | Registered: 19 April 2015Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
Nice. I love it when they share equipment lists.

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16306 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
That may be the KIWI record, but many have been shot smaller than that. Pictured below is the NBRSA 200 yard 5 shot 200 yard group. About a .088.

Back in 2009.

Light Varmint 5 shot single group at 200 yards .075 shot by Johnnie Stewart on 7/17/2009

Posts: 8959 | Location: Poetry, Texas | Registered: 28 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
https://nbrsa.org/sites/defaul...%20of%204-3-2016.pdf

These are dated 2015

NRA Patron Life Member Benefactor Level

Posts: 1283 | Registered: 15 December 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DocEd:
https://nbrsa.org/sites/defaul...%20of%204-3-2016.pdf

These are dated 2015

Yup, just a few of the .099 and under.

Posts: 8959 | Location: Poetry, Texas | Registered: 28 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bwana_500
posted Hide Post
Butch

It is a world record, not an NZ record. It was shot at the 14th World Benchrest Championships in Nelson NZ and is recogised by the WBSF as a world record. I dont think anyone is saying its the smallest group ever shot at 200 yards. Its just the smallest group shot at that distance at a match sanctioned by the WBSF.

Posts: 424 | Location: Australia | Registered: 03 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sir, As I stated and I believe Doc Ed may have posted, it may be a WBRF record, but it ain't close to a World Record. It may have been the smallest shot in a World Championship, but it ain't a World record.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I guess it depends on the sanctioning body. If the WBC or WWE says it's their record then I guess it is. Now, if the NBA and the NFL can agree, God knows the NBRSA and the IBS never have been able to, we have a new world record. Regardless that was, and is, some darn fine shooting at 200 Yds.

NRA Patron Life Member Benefactor Level

Posts: 1283 | Registered: 15 December 2008Reply With Quote