New
Find
Notify
Tools

My Friend Dwight Scott Is Right!
 Login/Join

Administrator
posted
I have known Dwight for many years, and have been on safari with him a number of times.

He told me many stories of his own and other top shooters experiences, where sometimes things happen that defy any explanation.

I have a 6PPC rifle Dwight built for me years ago. It is on Hall action, and has a Hart barrel.

The rifle has not been shot for many years, and last week I got it out and thought of trying it again.

I found a few fired cases, and the Wilson seating die.

But, I was not able to find the sizing die.

I deprimed the cases, and found that the bullets were bit loose in the necks.

Anyway, I loaded a few rounds, fired 3 rounds to see how everything was, then fired 5 rounds as a group.

The bullets were Bill Brawand's, and I seated them by hand, just inside the neck, and chambered them - letting the rifling be the seater.

Several people were here, and were making all sorts of fun of this procedure.

I fired a 5 shot group, and guess what??

The group measured 0.311"!!??

Deduct 0.243 and one gets a group of 0.068".

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 66762 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I don't doubt it. Dwight is about as good an accuracy smith as anybody. The best BR shooter of all time,Tony Boyer, has used Dwight for many years.

Posts: 8959 | Location: Poetry, Texas | Registered: 28 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Butch, the phrase should be "had used him for years".

NRA Patron Life Member Benefactor Level

Posts: 1283 | Registered: 15 December 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of sonofagun
posted Hide Post
Fired indoors? .262 neck chamber? Rifle weight and scope?

Did you shoot it anymore* and if so what were the groups?

*10 shot group?

Bob Shaffer

Posts: 1946 | Location: Michigun | Registered: 23 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sonofagun:
Fired indoors? .262 neck chamber? Rifle weight and scope?

Did you shoot it anymore* and if so what were the groups?

*10 shot group?

Get back under your rock and keep producing you high dollar drawings for a potting soil table.

Posts: 8959 | Location: Poetry, Texas | Registered: 28 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of sonofagun
posted Hide Post
Still got to be the bully huh Bitch?

I was asking Saeed, not you.

Bob Shaffer

Posts: 1946 | Location: Michigun | Registered: 23 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sonofagun:
Still got to be the bully huh Bitch?

I was asking Saeed, not you.

You still building them from paste board? How are your tile shooting targets coming along?
dancing

posted Hide Post
Billy B has made some great bullets over the years, they were the first ones I used when I started group shooting.
He's still shooting and we shot togeather a couplw weeks ago.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tim 7139:
Billy B has made some great bullets over the years, they were the first ones I used when I started group shooting.
He's still shooting and we shot togeather a couplw weeks ago.

Tim,
You are correct.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Bill B is a true gentleman!

NRA Patron Life Member Benefactor Level

Posts: 1283 | Registered: 15 December 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I always had a weakness for JLK myself.

Jimmy and Lois not "were" are really good people.

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Jimmy and Lois were

I don't think it is were.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Best bullets I ever shot were GTB bullets by Bob Cauterucio. I still have a bag which will go with the gun!
Peter.

Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong;

Posts: 10505 | Location: Jacksonville, Florida | Registered: 09 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Steve Milholland of Springfield MO bought JLK out about 8-10 years ago, he makes JLKs still.

I tried some from HP rifle- very good slippery bullets.

Mr. Knox retired from bullet making.

Posts: 1082 | Location: MidWest USA  | Registered: 27 April 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Jimmy Knox is cruising in a very very nice 32 Ford street rod. He brings it to the shoots in Pencil Bluff, Ark.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
glad to hear he, and Lois I presume, are alive and well, and enjoying retirement.

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote