New
Find
Notify
Tools

Hearing Protection
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I am in the process of buying a new pair of tatical ear protection .I bought my daughter the game ear and they seem to be great but I can get a great deal on peltors , what does everyone else use .

Woodie

one of us
Picture of hivelosity
posted Hide Post
I have a couple sets and they work ok.
When I am on the range with the big boomers and muzzle brakes I use ear plugs along with the peltors

Posts: 2134 | Location: Ohio | Registered: 26 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 308Sako
posted Hide Post
What? Oh, hearing protectors... I use both plugs -33DB, and Peltors (priced as on sale) Now that there isn't much left to save.

Member NRA, SCI- Life #358 28+ years now!
DRSS, double owner-shooter since 1983, O/U .30-06 Browning Continental set.

Posts: 3611 | Location: LV NV | Registered: 22 October 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Sam
posted Hide Post
I used to use use foamies but for the last few years I've used the molded plastic ones from the gun show, our local company is in Richmond. The web site is espamerica.com, they have a point and click dealer search. They have electronic inserts on the web site but for about $35 they mold them with out any electronics. They are contained in the ear when used and can be worn under muffs for double protection.

A bad day at the range is better than a good day at work.

Posts: 1254 | Location: Norfolk, Va | Registered: 27 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Sam
posted Hide Post
I posted too soon. As far as muffs go, Silencio non electric, Peltor shotgunner, North folding electric with one microphone, and the ones that I think I left at the range were the Peltor dual microphone. Good sound on them.

A bad day at the range is better than a good day at work.

Posts: 1254 | Location: Norfolk, Va | Registered: 27 December 2003Reply With Quote