New
Find
Notify
Tools

Recommend a Bipod, Please
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Looking to put a bipod on my 700 VS for bench shooting only, not field. I would like to keep the cost down BUT am not so cheap as to buy crap. Suggestions please:

NRA Benefactor Member
US Navy Veteran

Posts: 1037 | Location: Brownstown, Michigan | Registered: 19 April 2015Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Today I passed on a Blackhawk bipod at a bargain price for exactly the same reason. The three obvious choices are the Blackhawk at the low end, the Harris in the middle and the Atlas at the high end. Prices seem to be about $50/$100/$300.

The funny thing is that people seem to be satisfied with all three, understanding that expectations are very different at each price point.

analog_peninsula
-----------------------

It takes character to withstand the rigors of indolence.

Posts: 1580 | Location: Dallas, Tx | Registered: 02 June 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I am a huge fan of the versa pod......but I use mine mostly for hunting. Easy on and off. The most versatile I have tried.

Posts: 41762 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have an Atlas and it is a wonderfully made piece of hardware. They are expensive. As I understand it there are some Chinese made knockoffs available that are supposed to be quite good and a whole lot cheaper. You may want to check them out.
C.G.B.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Bought a Harris for $65 from Walmart on line, free delivery. Put it on my 700 (.223) and looking forward to trying it out. Thanks all.

NRA Benefactor Member
US Navy Veteran

Posts: 1037 | Location: Brownstown, Michigan | Registered: 19 April 2015Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
You see quite a number of Harris bipods on rifles in our military and they take a beating versus civilian use. Just a thought.

Posts: 1050 | Location: S.Charleston, WV | Registered: 18 June 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
none - sandbags

Posts: 13439 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The 200 yard belly shooters at my club are pondering a sub category using a bipod from the bench (no rear rest but using hand/arm only). I wanted to try it.

NRA Benefactor Member
US Navy Veteran

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sandbags are good, sling is even better and much easier to carry around.

Posts: 1050 | Location: S.Charleston, WV | Registered: 18 June 2012Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have Harris and some copies of them.

Posts: 19290 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Instructor:
You see quite a number of Harris bipods on rifles in our military and they take a beating versus civilian use. Just a thought.

The only issue with Harris bipods is that the screws holding the springs can come loose. I periodically inspect mine and tighten as needed. If they come off they are a real pain to put back on.

Don't Ever Book a Hunt with Jeff Blair
http://forums.accuratereloadin...821061151#2821061151

Posts: 7570 | Location: Arizona and off grid in CO | Registered: 28 July 2004Reply With Quote