Notify
Tools

Constellation
 Login/Join

Picture of Mark
posted
Lockheed Constellation, kinda cool:

https://i.imgur.com/UyuXlpO.mp4

Sorry, it does not seem to link properly so you'll probably have to click on it.

for every hour in front of the computer you should have 3 hours outside

Posts: 7763 | Location: Between 2 rivers, Middle USA | Registered: 19 August 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
Haven't seen one in decades. Definitely cool!

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16347 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
was a navigator flying in those in the navy flying into typhoons back during viet nam war.
great plane.

Posts: 28 | Location: northlake,texas | Registered: 04 November 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Have seen it parked at Wagga Wagga Airpot (RAAF Forest Hill) in Aus. Great looking aircraft.

DRSS

Posts: 1904 | Location: Australia | Registered: 25 December 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of LongDistanceOperator
posted Hide Post
Wow. 4360s? Did it have 4 of those exhaust ports per engine, or were they outboard only? Exhausts like that would be a hell of a thing on a racer.

Posts: 7476 | Location: near Austin, Texas, USA | Registered: 15 December 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Brad
posted Hide Post
My father flew the Connie's for TWA starting in 1957. He was on of only a handful of pilots in the US simultaneously checked out as both flight engineer and pilot on the Connie.

He used to fly the NYC - London (via Gander Newfoudland) route quite often. 18,000' and 23hrs I believe!