THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AVIATION FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Other Topics  Hop To Forums  Aviation    What P-51 flies over Georgetown/Liberty Hill/Leander, TX?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What P-51 flies over Georgetown/Liberty Hill/Leander, TX?
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of LongDistanceOperator
posted
I saw...and heard it today. Wow. Anyone know which P-51 it is?

Thanks. Lee

Posts: 7464 | Location: near Austin, Texas, USA | Registered: 15 December 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
NO! I live in the country on the Williamson/Travis County line.I.E. Liberty Hill/Leander. I never saw a thing.I KNOW that I'm on the flight plan from Hood in their Hueys as in the 70's I had some Hippie chicks living here that worked the garden topless + the chopper drivers have been using this route ever since.FWIW,a good buddy of mine,works (volunteers) for the Lone Star Air Force in his retirement. (Rebuilding B-17's ,etc.).He might know.I will pose the question.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
Always a good day when a vintage warbird passes by.
Mostly just F-16s in my neighborhood.

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16287 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of LongDistanceOperator
posted Hide Post
I was working outside, chipping up concrete and listening to some Led Zeppelin. Over that noise, I heard that Merlin. What a sound. The plane was banking away from me so I got a good view of the bottom and the unmistakable wing profile. It made another pass, but it was too far away to make out any markings/paint scheme.

Posts: 7464 | Location: near Austin, Texas, USA | Registered: 15 December 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jshoney
posted Hide Post
I know one lands out at the Taylor airport pretty regularly. I think the owner has something to do with ERCOT that sits on the edge of the runway. I love watching it take off. He is air-born and wheels up hauling butt before he is 3/4 of the way down the strip.

Posts: 146 | Location: Walburg, TX | Registered: 24 February 2007Reply With Quote