New
Find
Notify
Tools

Airline indentification
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Probably a stupid question. Smiler I hunt in an area that is overflown by a major air corridor, NE to SW, thinking Europe to NW US. Always check with the binoculars for interesting planes. Yesterday spotted a pure white aircraft, 4 engined, with a large red banner type sign on the belly. First time I've ever seen a belly sign. Thinking it said Staples, cause that what it looked like, but that can't be, so who's plane did I see?

Grizz

Indeed, no human being has yet lived under conditions which, considering the prevailing climates of the past, can be regarded as normal. John E Pfeiffer, The Emergence of Man

Those who can't skin, can hold a leg. Abraham Lincoln

Only one war at a time. Abe Again.

Posts: 4211 | Location: Alta. Canada | Registered: 06 November 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Grizz,

Kind of hard to say from what you've described.

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Grizzly Adams:
Probably a stupid question. Smiler I hunt in an area that is overflown by a major air corridor, NE to SW, thinking Europe to NW US. Always check with the binoculars for interesting planes. Yesterday spotted a pure white aircraft, 4 engined, with a large red banner type sign on the belly. First time I've ever seen a belly sign. Thinking it said Staples, cause that what it looked like, but that can't be, so who's plane did I see?

Grizz

Go here: http://www.flightradar24.com/3....com/34.76,-106.93/8

Check the same time next day and click on a radar hit over that area. It will bring up pics of the airline and schedule.

Bob

Posts: 3652 | Location: SC,USA | Registered: 07 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
Could it have been a fire retardant bomber?

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16306 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hi Grizz
You have a good eye.What aircraft you saw would have been Emirates 215 on route from Dubai to LAX it is an A380 with EMIRATES on the belly.As I write this at 11:28 PDT he is over head the Peace River/Grande Prairie area with a couple hours of his 16:12 flight left to go.Depending on the winds etc.he goes up over the pole and down across Alberta or BC.
Bill

DRSS

Posts: 180 | Location: Vancouver Island/High Arctic | Registered: 04 February 2011Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Clem
posted Hide Post

Posts: 1292 | Location: I'm right here! | Registered: 01 July 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Clem:
quote:
Emirates

Something like this?

http://commons.wikimedia.org/w...:Emirates_A380_2.JPG

Thanks, that would be it. Neat web site posted here as well, I can go Out and see exactly who's flying overhead. Another Emirates flight just went by.

Grizz

Indeed, no human being has yet lived under conditions which, considering the prevailing climates of the past, can be regarded as normal. John E Pfeiffer, The Emergence of Man

Those who can't skin, can hold a leg. Abraham Lincoln

Only one war at a time. Abe Again.

Posts: 4211 | Location: Alta. Canada | Registered: 06 November 2002Reply With Quote