THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AVIATION FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Other Topics  Hop To Forums  Aviation    Faster than a speeding bullet! 787 Dreamliner 801 MPH
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Faster than a speeding bullet! 787 Dreamliner 801 MPH
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of boom stick
posted
https://jalopnik.com/a-commerc...mph-while-1832733268

577 BME 3"500 KILL ALL 358 GREMLIN 404-375

*we band of 45-70ers* (Founder)
Single Shot Shooters Society S.S.S.S. (Founder)

Posts: 27595 | Location: Where tech companies are trying to control you and brainwash you. | Registered: 29 April 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of LongDistanceOperator
posted Hide Post
I wonder if it looked noticeably different to any frequent flier who happened to be looking down?

I'm not a frequent flier, but I love to fly and always get a window seat. I got to fly over some thunderstorms at night one time. That was a fascinating thing to see.

Posts: 7478 | Location: near Austin, Texas, USA | Registered: 15 December 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of f224
posted Hide Post
Not uncommon to see 200-230 knots of eastbound tail winds over the Pacific Ocean. I saw at least twice grounds speeds of 800+ knots in a B747-200 cruising at Mach .84 between Tokyo and Honolulu.

I saw 200 knots on the nose west bound over Nebraska and Colorado last year, and many other times over the years.

Captain Dave Funk
Operator
www.BlaserPro.com

Posts: 839 | Location: Dallas, Iowa, USA | Registered: 05 June 2004Reply With Quote