New
Find
Notify
Tools

Aviation Art
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
What is probably the longest thread of it's type I've ever seen is at an Digital camera site. It's Fred Miranda's site and is pretty hi quality.

This Thread http://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/462776

shows some of the best by probably the best aviation photographer around. Jim Wilson is truly about the best I've seen and a true gentleman. His work hangs in the White House, U.S. Air Force Academy and the home of the Thunberbirds, Nellis AFB. I hope the link goes to it as I'm sure most will enjoy. If not I'll figure out another way. Don

Posts: 128 | Location: Oregon,USA | Registered: 02 May 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Clem
posted Hide Post
Clay Lacey was another good aviation photo genious. Too bad he passed away so early in life.

http://www.claylacy.com/

Posts: 1292 | Location: I'm right here! | Registered: 01 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Clay Lacy? Dead? So early in life? Hadn't heard about it. I was joking with him at the Reno Air Races last year about being old fart pilots and he would always be older than me.

one of us
Picture of Clem
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stdon:
Clay Lacy? Dead? So early in life? Hadn't heard about it. I was joking with him at the Reno Air Races last year about being old fart pilots and he would always be older than me.

Oops!! My appologies. It was George Hall that I was thinking of. Sorry.

Posts: 1292 | Location: I'm right here! | Registered: 01 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Not to worry, I get CRS all the time. I thought maybe you were think of Art Vance who was killed about a year ago. But he pretty much fit the "old fart pilot" catagory too.