Find
Notify
Tools

Good news for Warthog fans
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted
Had not heard this, but very glad to even if late to the party.

https://taskandpurpose.com/mil...a10-warthog-upgrades

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16350 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Big Wonderful Wyoming
posted Hide Post
I remember operating in Afghanistan and usually having a C-130 gunship as our striker for air assaults.

We found a tango with our airplane (unarmed servailance) thanks to mobile phone chatter, and decided he was someone we needed to take out.

Our normal striker was not within range, and when we asked for additional air support we were surprised to find that the A-10's were near by and had the right armament.

Needless to say it wasn't as "ugly" as the hate rained down by a C-130 Spectre Gunship, but it was effective.

A friend was a Cav-Scout in Iraq during the "highway of death" event, and said they were highly effective against an entire convoy of Iraqi regulars as well.

I have heard but I do not know this to be true, but the wing design on the A-10 is similar if not of the same design as the Wright Brother's original wing design.

An old design that works very well.

Posts: 7768 | Location: Das heimat! | Registered: 10 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The A-10 - The most hated, loved, flexible, and effective aircraft in our inventory - save the B-52. But the only folks who hate the B-52 are on the receiving end.

Just Remember, We ALL Told You So.

Posts: 22442 | Location: Occupying Little Minds Rent Free | Registered: 04 October 2012Reply With Quote